Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: And we're back?

Quote Originally Posted by John F Kennedy III View Post
    Angelatc had a thread up during the crash....it really seems like a hack to me based on that thread.
    What was the thread about?
    Diversity finds unity in the message of freedom.

Dilige et quod vis fac. ~ Saint Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.
    "I'll believe in good cops when they start turning bad cops in."

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......
    I don't want to live in a cookie cutter, federally mandated society.
    Give me messy freedom every time!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
    I went to revolution box and lurked around. (It's where I found the RPF cache link below.) Sign up!

Looks that way:
    Yeah I think it was a government hack meant to look like a hack from that site.
    I am the spoon.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deborah K View Post
    What was the thread about?
    http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&gl=us&strip=1

I have the forums open in two windows. This tab is still working, but in the other window, I typed in the url and saw "You've been hacked!" appear. I refreshed it, and there's an Index Of/ page, but no forums.

I'm probably not going to call Josh at 4:30 in the morning, but maybe you can.

ETA: Refreshed again: 1Last edited by angelatc; Today at 03:48 AM.
    Last edited by John F Kennedy III; 01-17-2013 at 02:53 PM.
    I am the spoon.

I'll wait and hear the official word - could still just be a failed drive...
    Let's move forward to the Constitution.. I am the new GOP. I stand with Rand.

I lost almost 100 rep....2487 aint too shabby though...until I realize Anti Federalist lost 3,000 rep and still has 384,000 to spare
    I have no idea how many rep I had or have, to be honest. But I had gone back to one bar and now there are a bunch, so it is probably all there. the general reset didn't bother me, but I can't report how accurate the new reset is on those.

Ignore what I said about the message after rep being different, I had downloaded that torrent thing in RP grassroots, and decided to download firefox again while I got rid of the tool bar I had NOT checked... and it didn't have flash plug in yet. That is probably why the message looked different, not this site's fault.

--
    edit - well, the message still looks a little different, but unless it means some setting you want changed is off, I think it's fine.
    Last edited by sailingaway; 01-17-2013 at 02:59 PM.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Rogue View Post
    Thanks Josh. All my green bars are there, But I'm short 3 posts I was at 501 before the crash and should be at 504 with this post. Also I lost 21 rep. My guess is because of multi-reps from the Heavy Hitters now only count as one.
    Do you guys pay that close attention to those things? You'd have to get a spreadsheet going to know for sure

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    I have no idea how many rep I had or have, to be honest. But I had gone back to one bar and now there are a bunch, so it is probably all there. the general reset didn't bother me, but I can't report how accurate the new reset is on those.

Ignore what I said about the message after rep being different, I had downloaded that torrent thing in RP grassroots, and decided to download firefox again while I got rid of the tool bar I had NOT checked... and it didn't have flash plug in yet. That is probably why the message looked different, not this site's fault.
    The bars seem to be normal for everyone. Just less rep points.
    I am the spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post

Download Revo Uninstaller so you get rid of all the residual crap from all those browser add-ons.

Quote Originally Posted by jbauer View Post
    Download Revo Uninstaller so you get rid of all the residual crap from all those browser add-ons.
    thanks, I will.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Im missing 4 rep points......I DEMAND a refund!!!!!! Jk jk...well kind of

Let me see... Lost like 50 rep. It's all good. Nice to see the sites back up.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

HEY! I think my avatar was more handsome before!
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

I have everything. And I exist! Thank goodness.
    Red: the blood of angry men
    Black: the dark of ages past
    Red: a world about to dawn
    Black: the night that ends at last!

Why not pony up a few bucks if you can, and help defray the costs - lost time for fixing everything.

Missing 4 reps. Meh. Just glad it is back up.
    "Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness"

http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&gl=us&strip=1

I have the forums open in two windows. This tab is still working, but in the other window, I typed in the url and saw "You've been hacked!" appear. I refreshed it, and there's an Index Of/ page, but no forums.

I'm probably not going to call Josh at 4:30 in the morning, but maybe you can.

ETA: Refreshed again: 1Last edited by angelatc; Today at 03:48 AM.
    I visited that website Nextgenupdate.com and searched around the forum... I did not see anything suspicious, only time RP was mentioned was due to one of the staff members being a Ron Paul supporter.
    "We do have some differences and our approaches will be different, but that makes him his own person. I mean why should he [Rand] be a clone and do everything and think just exactly as I have. I think it's an opportunity to be independent minded. We are about 99% [the same on issues]." Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by VoluntaryAmerican View Post
    I visited that website Nextgenupdate.com and searched around the forum... I did not see anything suspicious, only time RP was mentioned was due to one of the staff members being a Ron Paul supporter.
    Yeah I really don't think they did it.
    I am the spoon.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Why not pony up a few bucks if you can, and help defray the costs - lost time for fixing everything.
    Someone could start a chipin.
    I am the spoon.

My rep count went down from 7,000 to 342.

is Ron the President now?

just noticed...i did have 996 reps...now 976...
    Last edited by JK/SEA; 01-17-2013 at 03:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    is Ron the President now?

just noticed...i did have 996 reps...now 976...
    Quote Originally Posted by green73 View Post
    I lost a bunch of rep.
    Someone needs to throw a rep party.
    "We do have some differences and our approaches will be different, but that makes him his own person. I mean why should he [Rand] be a clone and do everything and think just exactly as I have. I think it's an opportunity to be independent minded. We are about 99% [the same on issues]." Ron Paul

Yeah I really don't think they did it.
    Granted, I could have missed it. Searching forums is hard... especially searching for the term "hack" on a gaming forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
    Thank you so much! Some of us would be happy to donate if you guys wanted to put up another chip-in!
    several of you have mentioned that, and I don't know if on top of all the time on this Josh is going to do that right this minute. All the same, I am sure costs are being incurred. There is, for those who want to, a paid membership that makes your avatar a little bigger, and your mailbox a little bigger, and you can put pictures in your signature. It is $20 a year, at the moment, and here is the description and link from the forum faqs for any who want to do that:

Membership Subscriptions: RonPaulForums.com / LibertyForest.com is in part supported by donations from our membership community though Membership Subscriptions. Subscriptions are $20 annually and provide you with the following site enhancements:

+ Private Message Space increased to 1500 Messages.
    + User can use up to 90px x 90px Animated Avatar.
    + User Can Upload Static Image for Signatures. Max width 600px Max height: 100px.
    + User Can Set Self to Invisible Mode.
    + Custom user title.
    + Allowance for one forum name edit. PM an admin.

Subscriptions can be ordered here: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/payments.php
    Last edited by sailingaway; 01-17-2013 at 03:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshLowry View Post
    Check avatars, reps, posts, private messages, make sure it's all there.

If you're missing anything, besides money, please post.
    What if I'm missing money?

Oh well, had to try.

It's all there, and thanks for all you've done to get us back!!

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The backup was taken from January 10th. We have a backup every night, but the support team opted for the weekly backup file.

This most likely explains lost reps and posts.

Any other reports are appreciated.

Thanks for the offers of support. I may do a fundraiser to offset the costs for the new forum software.

VBulletin 5 beta is out. It's got video and lots of fancy stuff, I'll be upgrading here in the short term.

Quote Originally Posted by jkr View Post
    MIC CHECK
    1 2

Edit: I need to make a bigger avatar, this is the one I uploaded this morning.
    Last edited by dannno; 01-17-2013 at 03:57 PM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by green73 View Post
    I lost a bunch of rep.

Me too. Here's some rep to help you out, it must be painful to lose something you love so much.

Quote Originally Posted by jj- View Post
    My rep count went down from 7,000 to 342.
    It's been transferred to LPG.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast