Thread: Latest weight loss gimmick: Implanted stomach pumps.

Exclamation Latest weight loss gimmick: Implanted stomach pumps.

Fighting Obesity With Auto-Bulimia

Posted by Karen De Coster on January 17, 2013 06:55 AM

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewr...es/130764.html

As if bulimia isn't enough of a (very real) problem in society, we are now witnessing the insanity that results from the absolute lack individual self-education and accountability, as taught by the government schools: an automated bulimia inducer. This CBS story headline is not an Onion story, I assure you - "New stomach pump would send food from stomach straight to toilet." You must click on this article link because the story graphic is rather remarkable. A company called Aspire Bariatrics is pushing its new tool called the AspireAssist Aspiration Therapy System. From its website:

The AspireAssist gives patients control over their weight loss by a method known as Aspiration Therapy. With Aspiration Therapy, patients “aspirate” (drain) a portion of their stomach contents into the toilet after each meal through an endoscopically-implanted tube, reducing the number of calories absorbed by the body. The tube is implanted in the stomach, and leads to a small, low-profile port at the surface of the skin. Aspiration performed about twenty minutes after a meal will remove about a third of the calories consumed. The AspireAssist is used in conjunction with a lifestyle modification program, and requires careful and comprehensive medical monitoring.

In fact, the website also makes this bizarre claim: "no sudden diet changes are required to achieve weight loss." The company has therefore bypassed all science concerning the quality of calories (as vs. the conventional wisdom that only counts calories) so that it can lure the instant gratification masses into yet more deception and lies concerning very real issues that determine quality of life or even life-or-death decisions. In the spirit of ignoring all medical science and bowing to the Gods of Instant Gratification, the article author writes, "Theoretically, you could have your cake, eat it, too, then dump it off guilt-free," with the goal being "portion control without deprivation."

Have people become dysfunctional automatons who are voluntarily and/or coercively enslaved to intentionally addictive industrial-created chemicals? Nah. This is trotted out as medical progress and the advancement of civilization. As I noted one week ago, Big Bariatric is the latest mega-swindle for the medical establishment. Follow me on Twitter @karendecoster.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 01-17-2013 at 02:34 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Will this be for sale at Wal-Mart?
    “One may come to the aid of another being unlawfully arrested, just as he may where one is being assaulted, molested, raped or kidnapped. Thus it is not an offense to liberate one from the unlawful custody of an officer, even though he may have submitted to such custody, without resistance.” (Adams v. State, 121 Ga. 16, 48 S.E. 910).

I'm opening a new chain of all you can eat buffets that will have hook-ups for these devices.

Or maybe that's not such a good idea People could literally just keep eating and eating the profits.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

As if we don't already waste enough $#@! in this country, let's dump more food down the drain for no reason, jeebus.

I was fairly strict primal but I wasn't active enough and got REALLY skinny even though I was eating plenty of food, just not carbs. Holidays came and my gf didn't like me that skinny so I started eating carbs to gain some padding back (when I'd REALLY prefer to work out more but just don't seem to have the free time). So anyway I gained 10 or 15 lbs by increasing my carb intake by about 100g or so per day. One of my friends got back about 5 days ago and he's really strict paleo so I've been more strict the last 5 days and am already down 7 lbs, been losing about a pound or so a day. It's really not that hard if you have access to good quality meats and eggs and you know that carbs is what makes you gain weight.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Two fingers is cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    As if we don't already waste enough $#@! in this country, let's dump more food down the drain for no reason, jeebus.

I was fairly strict primal but I wasn't active enough and got REALLY skinny even though I was eating plenty of food, just not carbs. Holidays came and my gf didn't like me that skinny so I started eating carbs to gain some padding back (when I'd REALLY prefer to work out more but just don't seem to have the free time). So anyway I gained 10 or 15 lbs by increasing my carb intake by about 100g or so per day. One of my friends got back about 5 days ago and he's really strict paleo so I've been more strict the last 5 days and am already down 7 lbs, been losing about a pound or so a day. It's really not that hard if you have access to good quality meats and eggs and you know that carbs is what makes you gain weight.
    I've been primal since September.

I started at 190lbs 5'11'' which was a bit heavy for me.

BY the end of December I was 168lbs. My wife complained I was too skinny. So I got a gym membership and have been working out regularly. I was doing p90x at my house for a while, but for some reason, once winter hit I lost all motivation.

Long story short, by working out 3-4 days a week for the past few weeks I've put on 5lbs of muscle. I'm sure you can find the time to get in a few workouts a week.

This link may help you out... http://www.marksdailyapple.com/gain-...#axzz2IGV3cQSN

And while we're on the topic of weight loss gimmicks, have you seen this garbage?

I woke up this morning to an infomercial of this product. It's like weight loss pixie dust.
    Last edited by mac_hine; 01-17-2013 at 02:34 PM.

I would stand in line for one of the stomach pumps IF I could get it equipped with a nozzle so I could squirt people.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.