Thread: CO: Dem Scolds Rape Survivor at Gun Ban Hearing: 'Statistics Weren't On Your Side'

CO: Dem Scolds Rape Survivor at Gun Ban Hearing: 'Statistics Weren't On Your Side'

Every year hundreds of thousands of Americans use firearms to defend themselves from attackers of one kind or another. Despite its reputation as a frontier state, Colorado’s Democrats are hell-bent on disarming law-abiding citizens, and in particular, women, from being able to defend themselves with a firearm. The latest is state Sen. Evie Hudak, who, at a hearing on banning concealed carry on college campuses, told rape survivor Amanda Collins that having a gun would not have done her any good. Collins had just shared her story of survival. Democrat Hudak berated her in response.

“I just want to say, statistics are not on your side, even if you had had a gun. You said that you were a martial arts student, I mean person, experience in taekwondo, and yet because this individual was so large and was able to overcome you even with your skills, and chances are that if you had had a gun, then he would have been able to get than from you and possibly use it against you …”

Or she could have shot him, or cornered him and called 911 to get the police to come pick him up. A pistol can be a great equalizer in the face of a threat.

http://youtu.be/RgXsCnrYZGY

Democrats like Hudak would prefer that you be a victim, even of rape, than you have the ability and means to defend yourself.

Hudak is the third Colorado Democrat to make insane remarks regarding firearms and rape in the past few weeks. In February, state Sen. Paul Rosenthal argued that women should use the “buddy system” or judo to defend themselves from rape. Judo is a fine idea, but Amanda Collins’ experience suggests that martial arts may not be enough. A day before that, state Rep. Joe Salazar argued that women should rely on whistles and call boxes if they’re under attack from a rapist. Salazar further suggested that women should not be trusted with a firearm, because they might shoot even if they are not under attack.

Three Democrats have now loosed misogynistic remarks about rape. Two men, one woman, but all Democrats. Who’s waging a war on women and their right to defend themselves?
    http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2013/03/05...-on-your-side/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So many things to say......

Idiot Dem's.
    “First of all, if you’ve got health insurance, you like your doctors, you like your plan, you can keep your doctor, you can keep your plan. Nobody is talking about taking that away from you.” Lying Sack of Crap

1. I highly doubt that the raper was aware that she was skilled in taekwondo.
    2. Criminals engaging in felonious crimes are usually in possession of their own weapons and tools.
    3. Of course the average male can physically dominate the average female, regardless of how much of a martial arts expert she may be; ergo, the female being armed with a weapon, be it a gun, knife, german shepherd, or whatever, directly flips the odds of allowing oneself to be victimed to the favor of the victim and morestill slaps a huge reality stick straight into the face of the perp.
    4. Regardless, the chances are that she would have likely of shot him at least once in the process of him attempting to disarm her.

So then I must correctly presume that Evie Hudak is also against women carry rape whistles, OC-spray, tazers, pocket-knives, etc. Because, at any rate, the perp will simply just overpower the female and disarm them, so what then is the point, right? So Evie Hudak must agree then that all women should just make it easier upon themselves, while improving their odds of survival, in the small chance that they should ever be raped or victimized, by simply walking around in short skirts and without under garments, while coming to act completely dependent and submissive in all circumstances, to just literally apply the mantra of "laying down and taking it" to every aspect of their lives?

Yet, this is but one more reason that nobody in their right minds should ever lend any time, energy, or humor to any fool supporting the space-wasting Democratic Party.
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

They’re not buying it. CNN, you dumb bastards!” — President Trump 2020

Consilio et Animis de Oppresso Liber

Empathy is what the social sciences say is the distinguishable feature between liberal democrats and specifically libertarians -- and the latter supposedly lacks it. How much longer can the world operate on the laws of up being told is actually down.

she looks like a man dressed up like a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by ninepointfive View Post
    she looks like a man dressed up like a woman Dem.
    fixed

Quote Originally Posted by ninepointfive View Post
    she looks like a man dressed up like a woman.
    No need to attack her appearance. If you had read the transcript rather than watching the video; would you over concluded otherwise?

Quote Originally Posted by talkingpointes View Post
    No need to attack her appearance. If you had read the transcript rather than watching the video; would you over concluded otherwise?
    ohh - just pointing it out. =)

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    'The statistics are against you.' I am a human being. Have I no right to try to influence those statistics?

They're trying to turn us to sheep with numbers now. The odds are you'll get beat. Well, guess what? The odds are I'll try anyway. The odds are I'd rather fail with my boots on like a human than do the calculation and give up. Deal with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

I support a woman's right to choose... to carry a firearm.

Statistics say a population disarmed is at the mercy of a government might lead to genocide. Guns in the hands of morally responsible good people scare the power hungry ,morally corrupt, control freaks is that why some politicians are so scared of them?
    Last edited by seapilot; 03-05-2013 at 09:21 PM.
    USE THIS SITE TO LINK ARTICLES FROM OLIGARCH MEDIA:http://archive.is/ STARVE THE BEAST.
    More Government = Less Freedom
    Communism never disappeared it only changed its name to Social Democrat
    Emotion and Logic mix like oil and water

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    'The statistics are against you.' I am a human being. Have I no right to try to influence those statistics?

They're trying to turn us to sheep with numbers now. The odds are you'll get beat. Well, guess what? The odds are I'll try anyway. The odds are I'd rather fail with my boots on like a human than do the calculation and give up. Deal with it.
    Big fat yes to that. And I think her stats are useless, just sayin.......
    "The Patriarch"