Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Obama's 23(!) Firearm Executive Orders

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Obama's 23(!) Firearm Executive Orders

http://news.yahoo.com/obamas-23-exec...171540897.html

Gun Violence Reduction Executive Actions

Today, the President is announcing that he and the Administration will:

1. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal agencies to make relevant data available to the federal background check system.

2. Address unnecessary legal barriers, particularly relating to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, that may prevent states from making information available to the background check system.

3. Improve incentives for states to share information with the background check system.

4. Direct the Attorney General to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks.

5. Propose rulemaking to give law enforcement the ability to run a full background check on an individual before returning a seized gun.

6. Publish a letter from ATF to federally licensed gun dealers providing guidance on how to run background checks for private sellers.

7. Launch a national safe and responsible gun ownership campaign.

8. Review safety standards for gun locks and gun safes (Consumer Product Safety Commission).

9. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal law enforcement to trace guns recovered in criminal investigations.

10. Release a DOJ report analyzing information on lost and stolen guns and make it widely available to law enforcement.

11. Nominate an ATF director.

12. Provide law enforcement, first responders, and school officials with proper training for active shooter situations.

13. Maximize enforcement efforts to prevent gun violence and prosecute gun crime.

14. Issue a Presidential Memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control to research the causes and prevention of gun violence.

15. Direct the Attorney General to issue a report on the availability and most effective use of new gun safety technologies and challenge the private sector to develop innovative technologies.

16. Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes.

17. Release a letter to health care providers clarifying that no federal law prohibits them from reporting threats of violence to law enforcement authorities. 18. Provide incentives for schools to hire school resource officers.

19. Develop model emergency response plans for schools, houses of worship and institutions of higher education.

20. Release a letter to state health officials clarifying the scope of mental health services that Medicaid plans must cover.

21. Finalize regulations clarifying essential health benefits and parity requirements within ACA exchanges.

22. Commit to finalizing mental health parity regulations.

23. Launch a national dialogue led by Secretaries Sebelius and Duncan on mental health.
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    thanks for starting this thread. back to the task at hand while we figure out what the hell happened to RPFs

Clearly these executive orders will prevent more gun massacres. I feel blessed we have such an intelligent and quick acting president. After all, we wouldn't want those tax cattle he prodded up on stage with him to die before giving milk.

Quote Originally Posted by familydog View Post
    Clearly these executive orders will prevent more gun massacres. I feel blessed we have such an intelligent and quick acting president. After all, we wouldn't want those tax cattle he prodded up on stage with him to die before giving milk.
    lol

I see Prohibited Persons.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    I see Prohibited Persons.
    So Do I.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    So Do I.
    And I think that prohibited persons was the whole point of this. The sneaky bastards want people to think that this is just about guns.

To add, he also wants to introduce a bill that would ban assault weapons and limit magazine capacity to 10 rounds. I have no information as to whether a grandfather clause would be incorporated.
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Well, they don't seem to be as bad as they could have been. He hasn't banned any weapons or anything dramatic like that, or even really made any new fiat laws here as far as I can tell. Numbers 3 and 4 come closest to making new law.

I don't understand the background check stuff.

Not trying to be pro-Obama or minimize this dictatorial move, that's just how I read it. Am I missing things (I'm sure I am)? Should I be more alarmed than I am?

Quote Originally Posted by helmuth_hubener View Post
    Well, they don't seem to be as bad as they could have been. He hasn't banned any weapons or anything dramatic like that, or even really made any new fiat laws here as far as I can tell. Numbers 3 and 4 come closest to making new law.

Not trying to be pro-Obama or minimize this dictatorial move, that's just how I read it. Am I missing things (I'm sure I am)? Should I be more alarmed than I am?
    yes and yes.

do you know how many people are currently on - or have ever been perscribed - mind altering drugs in this country? ritalin, prozac, aderol zoloft, ambien, etc. etc. all these people are now subject to prohibition from owning firearms.

it also creates more snitches for the feds (doctors)

it also allows the feds to snoop into your medical records whenever they want

provides for more pigs aka cops

it is pretty bad. not confiscation bad, but they found out from the public response that they were awakening a sleeping giant. they backed off and stayed true to their incremental approach.

Quote Originally Posted by helmuth_hubener View Post

Talked to a guy tonight about buying 2 guns,we're meeting saturday.Over 4/5ths of my gun purchases have been like this,no paperwork or record,just a cash deal,like buying a used lamp or TV.
    The only guns I own that involved a 4473 form were guns where the desire was so great I just had to have them right then and had my resolve been stronger,there would be no record of me ever buying or owning a gun.
    This is what Obama wants to outlaw.

"Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Mental health? That is BS! They will just label everyone that is known to oppose them a nut and say they can't legally buy a gun.

Quote Originally Posted by RickyJ View Post
    Mental health? That is BS! They will just label everyone that is known to oppose them a nut and say they can't legally buy a gun.
    I understand the new DM is going to have so many new 'personality disorders' that anyone with a personality at all will be in it. That dovetails nicely with wanting an excuse to ban anyone they feel like banning.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    I understand the new DM is going to have so many new 'personality disorders' that anyone with a personality at all will be in it. That dovetails nicely with wanting an excuse to ban anyone they feel like banning.
    Restless Trigger-Finger Syndrome.
    -Stannis Baratheon

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    And leads to many not seeking help in fear of that.

Quote Originally Posted by FrancisMarion View Post
    And leads to many not seeking help in fear of that.
    Fear not, citizen.

Mandatory yearly psychiatric evaluations will be required in the future.

And like physical evaluations that started in my workplace, are expanding out and will affect yours soon, no doctor in their right mind will vary in the slightest from the government mandated "norms" for fear of being sued or arrested.

So unless you are an Olympic athlete, with a 20 BMI and resting BP of 120/80, you will be declared "unfit for work".

And unless a battery of psych tests and a government approved head shrinker finds you "compliant and non aggressive" you will be declared unfit to possess firearms.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 01-17-2013 at 08:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Mandatory yearly psychiatric evaluations will be required in the future.
    That would be a line in the sand. Not because I'd fail the tests, which I would (), but because I am not property.
    Last edited by Philhelm; 01-17-2013 at 11:18 PM.
    -Stannis Baratheon

You're obviously crazy/paranoid if you want to own a gun.

Quote Originally Posted by RickyJ View Post
    You're on the right track:

Psychiatry goes insane: Every human emotion now classified as a mental disorder in new psychiatric manual DSM-5

(NaturalNews) The industry of modern psychiatry has officially gone insane. Virtually every emotion experienced by a human being -- sadness, grief, anxiety, frustration, impatience, excitement -- is now being classified as a "mental disorder" demanding chemical treatment (with prescription medications, of course).

The new, upcoming DSM-5 "psychiatry bible," expected to be released in a few months, has transformed itself from a medical reference manual to a testament to the insanity of the industry itself.

"Mental disorders" named in the DSM-5 include "General Anxiety Disorder" or GAD for short. GAD can be diagnosed in a person who feels a little anxious doing something like, say, talking to a psychiatrist. Thus, the mere act of a psychiatrist engaging in the possibility of making a diagnoses causes the "symptoms" of that diagnoses to magically appear.

This is called quack science and circular reasoning, yet it's indicative of the entire industry of psychiatry which has become such a laughing stock among scientific circles that even the science skeptics are starting to turn their backs in disgust. Psychiatry is no more "scientific" than astrology or palm reading, yet its practitioners call themselves "doctors" of psychiatry in order to try to make quackery sound credible.

The DSM is now larger than ever, and it includes disorders such as "Obedience Defiance Disorder" (ODD), defined as refusing to lick boots and follow false authority. Rapists who feel sexual arousal during their raping activities are given the excuse that they have "Paraphilic coercive disorder" and therefore are not responsible for their actions. (But they will need medication, of course!)

You can also get diagnosed with "Hoarding Disorder" if you happen to stockpile food, water and ammunition, among other things. Yep, being prepared for possible natural disasters now makes you a mental patient in the eyes of modern psychiatry (and the government, too).

Former DSM chairperson apologizes for creating "false epidemics"

Allen Frances chaired the DSM-IV that was released in 1994. He now admits it was a huge mistake that has resulted in the mass overdiagnosis of people who are actually quite normal. The DSM-IV "...inadvertently contributed to three false epidemics -- attention deficit disorder, autism and childhood bipolar disorder," writes Allen in an LA Times opinion piece.

He goes on to say:

The first draft of the next edition of the DSM ... is filled with suggestions that would multiply our mistakes and extend the reach of psychiatry dramatically deeper into the ever-shrinking domain of the normal. This wholesale medical imperialization of normality could potentially create tens of millions of innocent bystanders who would be mislabeled as having a mental disorder. The pharmaceutical industry would have a field day -- despite the lack of solid evidence of any effective treatments for these newly proposed diagnoses.

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/038322_DS...#ixzz2IATKRZ3o...
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

According to the Anxiety and Depression Association of America:

Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD)
    GAD affects 6.8 million adults, or 3.1% of the U.S. population.
    Women are twice as likely to be affected as men.

What is Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD)?

Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD) is a chronic disorder characterized by excessive, long-lasting anxiety and worry about nonspecific life events, objects, and situations. GAD sufferers often feel afraid and worry about health, money, family, work, or school, but they have trouble both identifying the specific fear and controlling the worries. Their fear is usually unrealistic or out of proportion with what may be expected in their situation. Sufferers expect failure and disaster to the point that it interferes with daily functions like work, school, social activities, and relationships.

Prior to the revision of the DSM-5 psychiatry bible, I was always told that GAD is NOT a mental illness but rather an EMOTIONAL disorder.

If the new gun control laws want to make it stricter for people who have mental disorders to own a gun, how much easier would it be to get more people to fall under this category than by revising something like generalized anxiety as a mental disorder???
    Paranoia is having all of the facts.
    www.classifiedwoman.com

I think it is time to fashion a waxen doll and get out the needles.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

16. Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes.

Wow, didn't this idea get slapped down by the courts years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger29860 View Post

I know its not under oath but I still intend to plead the 5th

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I predict lots of canoes full of guns tipping over in the near future.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

becuse nobody has privacy anymore especially when the government re conterolled the internet.

24. Direct Eric Holder to stop running guns to Mexico

Here seems to be the comprehensive list:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/defa..._time_full.pdf

Number four: 4: Improving Mental Health Services.

Basically, they are saying that teachers are now deciding factors when it comes to recognizing mental illness.

If they cannot indoctrinate liberty out of our youth then they will just declare the individualist to have a mental illness.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Here seems to be the comprehensive list:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/defa..._time_full.pdf

Number four: 4: Improving Mental Health Services.

Basically, they are saying that teachers are now deciding factors when it comes to recognizing mental illness.

If they cannot indoctrinate liberty out of our youth then they will just declare the individualist to have a mental illness.
    they aren't that stupid. they'll just pull out autism and put in something else. Europe uses ICD not DSM-5.

. Issue a Presidential Memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control to research the causes and prevention of gun violence.

uh... huh???
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast