Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Did RPF's get hacked?

Concerns me we have had no official update from Josh. This was obviously a deliberate attack. On what would have been an essential day the forums we're taken out. We need answers and hopefully the last 2 years back.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    AHHHHH - Reps are gone!
    +rep

Quote Originally Posted by UtahApocalypse View Post
    Concerns me we have had no official update from Josh. This was obviously a deliberate attack. On what would have been an essential day the forums we're taken out. We need answers and hopefully the last 2 years back.
    Agreed

Can we get a response por favor?

Or perhaps we can get an 'official' collinz thread? Providing he didn't get deleted...

Maybe Ron Paul Forums got too big and exploded.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Note from Josh: Support team is working on repairing forum

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    I was able to kinda recreate my avatar, but it is smaller, and I am rep-less as well. Incentive!

Oh, and I guess I'm not a mod either....

and I'm a baby here post wise....

a complete fresh start!
    Nobody with a 2010 join date should be a mod anyway.

Hey, I can log in.

We're on an old database for testing. Old passwords get you in here. I couldn't reset my password due to my email.

My gmail account is not allowing emails to come in. I believe this is due to too many errors trying to notify me of site downtime. Says mailbox is not reachable because I'm receiving messages too quickly.

We have backups. Anything you post today is not going to be saved.

Server support is currently assisting.

Sorry about the downtime all. We had a hard drive causing issues and we're also determining why the entire users table went missing.

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaCato View Post
    I just uploaded my avatar again. Although it's smaller now. Guess I'll go with a smaller bikini this summer now too.
    You'll pretty much have to. That old double D bikini will look pretty strange with your new B's.
    There is only one success -- to be able to spend your life in your own way.
    -- Christopher Morley (1890 - 1957)

Hey, I should talk. I just looked 'down'! Oh the horrror!!!
    There is only one success -- to be able to spend your life in your own way.
    -- Christopher Morley (1890 - 1957)

Quote Originally Posted by JoshLowry View Post
    Hey, I can log in.

We're on an old database for testing. Old passwords get you in here. I couldn't reset my password due to my email.

My gmail account is not allowing emails to come in. I believe this is due to too many errors trying to notify me of site downtime. Says mailbox is not reachable because I'm receiving messages too quickly.

Sorry about the downtime all. We had a hard drive causing issues and we're also determining why the entire users table went missing.
    Thank you!

Up next, addressing the hacked rumors!

Hey, I can log in.

HE LIVES! thanks for the update
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

THANK GOD RPF is back!!! Seriously, I was going through some major withdrawal yesterday. What the hell happened??? Over the past few days I noticed weird stuff happening to the daily paul and info wars sites as well. But it didn't last as long as this one. Honestly, I was a little freaked out when I couldn't be in contact with you guys. I'm thinking about the bigger picture here. Is there anyway something like a mirror site could be set up in case we lose contact with one another considering what happened yesterday??
    Paranoia is having all of the facts.
    www.classifiedwoman.com

Hey, I can log in.

Database table or /etc/passwd? No matter - if a drive went sour that could explain it, but raises several disturbing questions. How many drives? On a system with this much traffic you should have a pretty healthy sized SAN array with redundant and striped volumes running so that this becomes virtually impossible. If accounts tables were all that went, I will have to suggest your were hacked in some major way - especially major if your hardware and software are properly configured, which in today's world is the most basic boilerplate. Barring some spectacular neglect in properly configuring your system to be secure from accidental and malicious failure in both hardware and software, I would be looking to the outside world as the source of pain. There is a lot of "dangerous" talk on RPF and a lot of people have dared the red pill here. No doubt this meets with some disapproval in certain circles, and that is no tinfoil truth.

I would be very interested to hear what you ultimately uncover because short of an entire array of disks actually catching fire, the statistical likelihood of one failing with this sufficiency is small to near-vanishing.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Hey, I can log in.

Welcome back pilgrim.

16 Jan ImplausibleEndeavors ‏@MindOfMo
    @darkpolitricks: Let record show some sites with some Second Amendment hotheads had some technical problems today. SERVER ERROR = BUZZ KILL.

Little Bobby Tables must have tried to register...

Angela got this when she logged in yesterday. Found it over at RevBox:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...ient=firefox-a

I grabbed the screenshot from donnay at DP.
    Last edited by Lucille; 01-17-2013 at 09:57 AM.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

Wow! I am so glad we are back online and not lost in [cyber]space!
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Wow! I am so glad we are back online and not lost in [cyber]space!
    I'm lost anyway.........

If you define the criteria narrowly enough, people can usually be divided dichotomously.

Those who LOVE onion, those who don't. Those who LOVE horror flicks, those who don't.

There are Americans who do NOT believe that Establishment Authority as defined by THE GOVERNMENT OF THE UNITED STATES would ever conscientiously harm American Innocents to further agendas, and those who DO.

THIS was the only site I could not access. I did read "chatter" about odd interruptions elsewhere.

There are those who CAN imagine that a site like this might have all-day-shut-down difficulties while Obama decrees 20+ pieces of GunControl=ArmsInfringement via because-I-said-so Executive Order. And there are those those who say GIMME A BREAK.
    Last edited by cheapseats; 01-17-2013 at 12:46 PM.

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by torchbearer View Post
    do we have an irc channel?
    is our chat on irc?
    anyone?
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

Sweet, I'm logged in.

I was freaking out.

Hey, I'm back, Woohoo! That sucked all I could do was read what all you pre2011ers were saying. EDIT; I'm still short three posts and I lost 21 +rep.
    Last edited by Henry Rogue; 01-17-2013 at 02:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

Welcome back whipper-snappers!!

Looks like avatars have re-appeared too!!

And rep - glorious rep!!!
    Let's move forward to the Constitution.. I am the new GOP. I stand with Rand.

Quote Originally Posted by V3n View Post
    Welcome back whipper-snappers!!

Looks like avatars have re-appeared too!!

And rep - glorious rep!!!
    Thanks, I really felt like an outsider.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

Yay we're back
    Indianensis Universitatis Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by torchbearer View Post
    anyone?
    Nothing official.

Chat was actually working during the downtime, but since you could not actually get your username and password in, the chatroom just said that you didn't have privileges to use it. There are some non-RPF places people gather, but I'm not at liberty to divulge all of them
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

WoW, this forum has been through a $#@! storm lately. At least most of the usual characters are still around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast