Thread: BREAKING: Congress just approved 51 Billion in Sandy relief

BREAKING: Congress just approved 51 Billion in Sandy relief

Details to come.

There may be some mandatory cuts to pay for it.

-t

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-0...id-bill-passes

One Year Of Tax Hikes On The Rich Is Promptly Spent As $60 Billion Sandy Relief Aid Bill Passes
    We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is false. -- William Casey, CIA Director

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.-- Mark Twain

When people like us-- the scum of society-- don't risk our lives when a rare chance comes our way, we become losers at that moment. So courage is the only thing we can rely on.-- Anchan
    Rick Simpson Hemp Oil

Post the roll call and list of Republicans who voted for it.

Then start working on throwing them out.

Quote Originally Posted by itshappening View Post
    Post the roll call and list of Republicans who voted for it.

Then start working on throwing them out.
    I would put them on a "to watch" list. This one was such a goner that some might have avoided the accusation that they hate storm victims, and voted for the thing because it was definitely going to pass.

The package was adopted on a 241 to 80 vote, on the strength of support from Democrats, as well as 49 Republicans, who mostly hail from communities hit hard by the Oct. 29, 2012, storm.
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaWV View Post
    I would put them on a "to watch" list. This one was such a goner that some might have avoided the accusation that they hate storm victims, and voted for the thing because it was definitely going to pass.
    No, this is absolutely one to use in primary contests. $60bn in unfunded spending is ludicrous and unacceptable.

Rogers and Whitfield need a serious primary, they're from Kentucky which wasn't hit and voted for it.

No, this is absolutely one to use in primary contests. $60bn in unfunded spending is ludicrous and unacceptable.
    All on its ownsome, if they have a habit of voting for awesome stuff otherwise, I don't think this one sinks someone enough to play well in a primary in an area that was hit. Other areas? Sure.

I don't consider this failing the class, but I consider this an "F" on a major exam.
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by MelissaWV View Post
    All on its ownsome, if they have a habit of voting for awesome stuff otherwise, I don't think this one sinks someone enough to play well in a primary in an area that was hit. Other areas? Sure.

I don't consider this failing the class, but I consider this an "F" on a major exam.
    Congressmen from Kentucky voted for it, they need to be thrown out.

I'm sure there's more than that where they didn't get hit. Not many Republicans in NJ/NY and CT.

the real tell is who voted against the amendment to cut spending to pay for it. I want to see that roll call, anyone got a link?
    Too bad our elected officials are not as aggressively trying to reduce the federal deficit as they are trying to strip us of our constitutional rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Koz View Post
    the real tell is who voted against the amendment to cut spending to pay for it. I want to see that roll call, anyone got a link?
    http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2013/roll014.xml

Mulvaney (R-SC) – This offset amendment to the Rogers AINS – intended by the sponsor to offset the $17.0 billion appropriation in the Rogers AINS – would rescind 1.63 percent of all discretionary FY13 budget authority. This rescission includes defense and non-defense discretionary spending, which totals $1.047 trillion for FY13 not including disaster or emergency spending.

New Jersey was really a giant science experiment,” he’d told me. “New Jersey was the home of some of the first vacation spots and one of the first places to arm their beaches. Thanks to New Jersey we learned that any sort of hard stabilization—sea walls, groins, and jetties—was very damaging to the beach. We learned that the damage occurs just by building something fixed by the beach—could be a highway, for instance. The problem of beaches is that they are eroding and always moving. The beach tends to move toward that fixed thing and get narrower and narrower and narrower until it disappears altogether.”
    the rest: http://www.salon.com/2012/11/04/hurr...ng_is_madness/

Quote Originally Posted by tsai3904 View Post
    What bill is that you linked to? Kerry, Thomas and Justin voted for it. It must be a fantastic bill!
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith and stuff View Post
    What bill is that you linked to? Kerry, Thomas and Justin voted for it. It must be a fantastic bill!
    Read the description under the link. It's Mick Mulvaney's amendment that would have cut $17 billion across the board to pay for the $17 billion in Sandy funds.

So around 60 GOP members want to go $17bn in debt to pay for Sandy relief.

Absolutely unacceptable and this should be used to throw them out.

So around 60 GOP members want to go $17bn in debt to pay for Sandy relief.

Absolutely unacceptable and this should be used to throw them out.
    Not just $17 billion.

There were many Rs who voted for the initial $9 billion a couple weeks ago and another $34 billion in a different amendment today, all without offsets.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    And Boehner violates the "majority of the majority" rule again.

It took him a week to break that promise.