Thread: Obama Responds To Alex Jones

Exclamation Obama Responds To Alex Jones

“The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sheriff Defends 2nd Amendment, I Will NOT Take Guns

ETA:

Last edited by donnay; 01-17-2013 at 08:50 AM.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Many More Sheriffs Vow Not To Enforce Federal Gun Control Laws

Oregon law enforcers lead national fight against Obama gun grab

Steve Watson
    Infowars.com
    Jan 17, 2013

Following Oregon Sheriff Tim Mueller’s lead, three more Sheriffs in parts of Oregon announced Wednesday in letters to U.S. Vice President Joe Biden that they would refuse to enforce any federal gun laws that are unconstitutional.

Crook County Sheriff Jim Hensley told local reporters “I’m going to follow my oath that I took as Sheriff to support the constitution.”

“I believe strongly in the Second Amendment,” Hensley added, urging “If the federal government comes into Crook County and wants to take firearms and things away from (citizens), I’m going to tell them it’s not going that way.”

Hensley told KTVZ.COM that he read Sheriff Mueller’s letter and it spurred him to make a stand. “I said, you know what? It’s a clear statement. He hit the nail right on the head,” Hensley said.

Referring to the recent mass shootings that have been cited as justification to move to impose strict new laws, Hensley said “Banning firearms and magazines, that is not going to cure the problem.”

“They are addressing the wrong topics,” Hensley added. “Kids for years now play video games in which they have committed thousands of homicides. I believe those games are teaching kids games they shouldn’t be doing, instilling a mindset to kill as many people as in a video game.”

Hensley’s letter, like Mueller’s, states : “Any federal regulation enacted by Congress or by executive order of the President offending the constitutional rights of my citizens shall not be enforced by me or by my deputies, nor will I permit the enforcement of any unconstitutional regulations or orders by federal officers within the borders of Crook County, Oregon.”

“In summary, it is the position of this Sheriff that I refuse to participate, or stand idly by, while my citizens are turned into criminals due to the unconstitutional actions of misguided politicians,” the letter concludes.

In comments to the media, Hensley added “Some people go so far as to ask, ‘Well, are you going to fight our military when they come to take our guns?’ I say absolutely not – we’re not going to get into a gun battle with our fellow citizens. But I will do everything in my power to defend their right to the Second Amendment.”

In addition to Sheriff Hensley, another Oregon Sheriff, Larry Blanton of Deschutes County, told reporters that he will also stand with the Second Amendment.

“Right now, I support the Constitution and I support the Second Amendment,” Blanton said. “I support our citizens and other citizens rights to own and bear arms. That’s my stand. Always has been, always will be.”

Grant County Sheriff Glenn Palmer also penned a letter to Biden, stating: “I will not tolerate nor will I permit any federal incursion within the exterior boundaries of Grant County, Oregon, where any type of gun control legislation aimed at disarming law abiding citizens is the goal or objective.”

“We live in a free society,” Palmer wrote, “and firearms ownership and the right to defend ones self from becoming a victim of a criminal act or from a far reaching government attempted to enact laws that are unconstitutional.”

Coos County Sheriff Craig Zanni wrote a letter to “the citizens of Coos County,” stating

“I have and will continue to uphold my Oath of Office, including supporting the Second Amendment rights of our citizens.”

“I will also continue to be an avid supporter of Oregon’s Concealed Handgun License Program and in protecting the confidential personal information of each license holder.” Zanni added.

Douglas County Sheriff John Hanlin also sent a letter to the Vice President saying that he “will refuse to participate in, nor tolerate enforcement actions against citizens that are deemed unconstitutional.”

Elsewhere in the country, Kentucky Sheriff Denny Peyman of Jackson County, blazed a trail earlier this week by assuring residents that he would not allow guns to be seized under his jurisdiction.

“They asked ‘how are you going to pull these guns?’, and I said ‘you are never going to pull a gun from Jackson County,” said Peyman, adding, “I am responsible for the people inside this county… I couldn’t justify, if Obama passes this, it doesn’t matter what he passes, the sheriff has more power than the federal people.”

Minnesota, Pine County Sheriff Robin Cole wrote an open letter to his residents to inform them that he does not accept that the federal government supercedes State authorities when it comes to regulation of firearms.

“I do not believe the federal government or any individual in the federal government has the right to dictate to the states, counties or municipalities any mandate, regulation or administrative rule that violates the United States Constitution or its various amendments.” Cole wrote.

Cole said that the right to bear arms is “fundamental to our individual freedoms and that firearms are part of life in our country.”

The Sheriff said he would refuse to enforce any federal mandate that violates constitutional rights, and that he would consider any new federal regulation on guns to be illegal.

In Alabama, Madison County Sheriff Blake Dorning told WHNT News 19 that his office will not enforce new gun control legislation if he feels those laws violate the Second Amendment.

“The federal authorities can try to enforce it,” said Dorning. “I’m the Sheriff of Madison County. I took a constitutional oath to defend the Constitution of the United States of America, to defend the Constitution of the State of Alabama, even if it takes my life. That is my position.”

In Texas, Smith County Sheriff Larry Smith has also said he will not enforce an unconstitutional law that takes away firearms from law abiding citizens in Smith County.

“I will not enforce an unconstitutional law against any citizen in Smith County. It just won’t happen.” Smith said.

In Florida, Martin Co. Sheriff Bill Snyder says that any gun control legislation will not matter and it won’t change how he and his deputies do business, because he is not empowered to enforce Federal Law.

Rest assured, there are many more Sheriffs, as well as state and local police who know that they are not required to enforce Obama’s gun control executive orders.

Richard Mack, founder of The Constitutional Sheriffs and Peace Officers Association, and a regular guest on the Alex Jones Show commented “Now we have good sheriffs who are standing up and defending the law against our own president.”

“I will tell Mr. Obama and everybody else who wants to impose gun control in America, that whether you like it or not, it is against the law,” said Mack.

The 23 executive orders Obama announced yesterday apply only to the federal government, not local or state law enforcement. Without action by the House, it is therefore unlawful to enforce the decrees on sheriffs and other law enforcement departments across the nation.

—————————————————————-

Steve Watson is the London based writer and editor for Alex Jones’ Infowars.com, and Prisonplanet.com. He has a Masters Degree in International Relations from the School of Politics at The University of Nottingham, and a Bachelor Of Arts Degree in Literature and Creative Writing from Nottingham Trent University.

“They are addressing the wrong topics,” Hensley added. “Kids for years now play video games in which they have committed thousands of homicides. I believe those games are teaching kids games they shouldn’t be doing, instilling a mindset to kill as many people as in a video game.”
    yeah, couldnt be that we are permanently at war and killing kids and innocents from 3000+miles away as if it was nothing. nope, videogames are clearly the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    yeah, couldnt be that we are permanently at war and killing kids and innocents from 3000+miles away as if it was nothing. nope, videogames are clearly the problem.
    How about those drone operators that are killing innocent people 3000 + miles away? It's like playing a video game, no?

My argument (since the 90's) has always stood firm about video games: I believe they are desensitizing kids/adults and have subliminal messaging in it.

Video Game Raises Concern About Subliminal Messages

By Amy Harmon

Los Angeles Times

A NEW VIDEO GAME'S subliminal messages raise some old questions about media's effects on the subconscious. -----------------------------------------------------------------

CALISTOGA, Calif. - First came the command, "Eat Popcorn," flashed on a movie screen too fast for the naked eye to see. Then the pronouncement, "It's OK for you to be relaxed," its endless reprise on a self-help cassette tape masked by the lapping of waves.

Now, into the murky, quirky nether world of the subliminal, where information is conveyed below the threshold of conscious perception, enter the video game "Endorfun."

A puzzle game that aspires to be the next "Tetris," the goal of "Endorfun" is to match the colored sides of a moving cube to the corresponding squares on a series of grids.

By inserting 100 subaudible messages in the background music, "Endorfun's" programmers and its publisher, Time Warner Inc., say they hope "to uplift the heart and mind of its users."

And if - after subliminally absorbing such notions as "I am powerful" and "I am at peace" - players are uplifted to the point of telling their friends to run out and buy the game, so much the better.

The subliminal messages - Time Warner prefers the term "positive affirmations" will all be printed on the box.

Still, the game raises questions about the use of subliminals in digital media, a new and perhaps more potent platform for a controversial method of mass communication that dates to the 1950s, when advertising executive James Vicary flashed the subliminal messages "Hungry? Eat popcorn" and "Drink Coke" during screenings at a drive-in.

Moviegoers, he said later, bought nearly 60 percent more popcorn than usual and almost 20 percent more Coke.

Subliminals are taking new shape in the digital age. The relative ease with which messages can be inserted into computer codes, combined with the increasing hours people are spending in front of computer screens, lead some psychologists and media experts to believe that the potential for mind control - voluntary or involuntary - is greater in the new media than in any that came before.

The Federal Communications Commission has banned subliminal messages in broadcast media since the 1970s, when controversy erupted over a TV ad for a memory game called Husker Du that displayed the words, "Get it," on the screen for a fraction of a second.

But software remains unregulated.

The stigma associated with trying to influence behavior covertly has always inhibited media firms from using subliminals - or at least from admitting it. But technologists note that, in digital media, subliminals would be both easier to create and harder to detect.

At a time when there is already a creeping discomfort with the dominant role of technology in daily life, Paul Saffo, director of the Institute for the Future in Menlo Park, says fear of such subliminal messages "plays right into this growing unease around our information tools."

Gerald Rafferty, co-author of "Subliminal: The New Channel to Personal Power" and founder of the Institute for Subliminal Studies in Santa Monica, has a more positive outlook:

"The computer medium is the perfect medium for subliminal messages because there are so many ways to mask them that you're not worrying about the things you are with film and video. This could really be a big new field."

Screen savers, those images of floating toasters and Energizer bunnies that pop up on inactive computer monitors, appear to be attractive places for subliminal messages.

Capistrano Beach-based Interloc Design Group has developed a "subliminal module" that allows clients to insert into screen savers text or images that flash at 1/50th of a second.

In a demonstration, Interloc founder Jeff Oster displays an apparently black screen with some random images bouncing around it.

Then, with a click of a mouse, he slows down the rate at which a message is flashing to reveal the blinking word: "Sex."

The theory is that the subconscious mind - especially in the more relaxed "alpha" and "theta" states - is more susceptible to suggestion.

Messages purportedly embedded in heavy-metal songs by Judas Priest and Ozzy Osbourne were blamed for the suicides of young listeners during two highly publicized trials in 1990. The evidence was deemed insufficient, but separately the judge in the Priest case ruled that subliminals are not protected by the First Amendment.

Several grocery-store chains have acknowledged playing "do not steal" subliminals under music to discourage shoplifting, and rumors persist that U.S. troops slipped subliminals in the rock music they blared at Panamanian leader Gen. Manuel Noriega in an attempt to drive him to surrender.

Director William Friedkin has acknowledged inserting subliminal images in his 1973 movie "The Exorcist" and uses them in his upcoming "Jade" to "induce an emotional connection in the audience that they may or may not be aware of."

Only recently have computer software and video games come to be seen as mass media in their own right. But experts who have studied subliminals say there is reason to believe that their natural addictiveness may make them especially potent vehicles for the transmission of subliminals. Inspiring addiction is, after all, the key to a good video game, which unlike TV shows and movies must move someone to play again and again.

"The video game rivets attention," says Howard Shevrin, a professor of psychology at the University of Michigan. "The person is attending very intently to the screen and therefore is more susceptible to the registrations of the subliminals."

Shevrin warns that positive subliminal messages can have unintended effects.

"If you think because you put positive messages into a game or a movie or whatever that the effect will be uniformly positive, that's just not true. The effect is unpredictable, because the unconscious mind works in highly idiosyncratic, individual ways. This idea of influencing our moods, our thoughts, our feelings with our subconscious minds is a risky undertaking. You don't fool around with the unconscious."

Copyright (c) 1995 Seattle Times Company, All Rights Reserved.
    Source: http://community.seattletimes.nwsour...1&slug=2144308

Millions play video games, millions. I do. There is reality and there is non-reality.

I don't watch horror movies though, because I feel like they are sick. I left the drive in theatre when "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" came on and could not believe that people see that as entertainment. I would not want a game like that.

Violent crimes committed by young people have steadily gone down since the release of the first home game consoles. The only difference now is that that there is a 24-hour news cycle and that beast needs to be fed. And typically, they go with an, "If it bleeds, it leads" mentality.

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    How about those drone operators that are killing innocent people 3000 + miles away? It's like playing a video game, no?

My argument (since the 90's) has always stood firm about video games: I believe they are desensitizing kids/adults and have subliminal messaging in it
    Wow! I never knew having played countless hours of Halo, GTA, Battlefield, Bioshock, Nightmare Creatures, Dead Space, Mass Effect, Boarderlands, Tomb Raider, and Call of Duty among other violent games made me desensitized as a kid/adult with subliminal messages! I mean, I became a gun afficionado and am getting myself equipped for some sh*t, but man I didn't know that "sinking heartfelt sorrow" I felt during Sandy Hook and Aurora was me wanting to lock and load for another round of "shoot the neighbor"!

GENIUS! (/Sarcm)
    For the Republic! For the Cause!
    The Truth About Central Banking and Business Cycles
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaxIPPMR3fI#t=186

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.