Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "2nd Amendment ALERT!!! I just called Bank of America... you have to hear this!"

"2nd Amendment ALERT!!! I just called Bank of America... you have to hear this!"

Named as titled in another forum, I am just passing along the info.

2nd Amendment ALERT!!! I just called Bank of America... you have to hear this!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    BoA is probably one of the $#@!tiest possible banks anyone could bank with. I got my family away from using them over the past couple of years. Support local credit unions as much as you can, do anything to not bank with the BoA $#@!s.

Quote Originally Posted by VBRonPaulFan View Post
    Support local credit unions as much as you can, do anything to not bank with the BoA $#@!s.
    Yeah, credit unions are the way to go.

Ugh, can't watch videos where I am...what am I listening to?

I have been a member of a credit union for YEARS, hearing this video has prompted me to shut down my BOFA account and switch over to the CU right away. IF Bofa is going to assists tyranny they can do it without my help and money.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Some Hispanic guy who works for BoA said that they are stopping purchases of guns and ammo made with BoA cards.

Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

Sorry to hear that AF, quickly:

A lady calls her local BOA branch and asks the customer support rep if BOFA is indeed halting the use of ATM cards when purchasing AMMO/GUNS or the like. The rep does confirm that they are no longer allowing customers to use ATM cards for said purchases.

The lady herself lets the guy have it in a logical sense and does a good job IMHO

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZENemy View Post
    Sorry to hear that AF, quickly:

A lady calls her local BOA branch and asks the customer support rep if BOFA is indeed halting the use of ATM cards when purchasing AMMO/GUNS or the like. The rep does confirm that they are no longer allowing customers to use ATM cards for said purchases.

The lady herself lets the guy have it in a logical sense and does a good job IMHO
    Ah, thanks for that.

Why am I not surprised???

I have been bitching for years now about watching people pull out ATM and debit and credit cards now for the most mundane of purchases, and how the widespread use of these infernal devices will result in systems of control unimagined just 20 years ago.

And I have been shouted down as a techno-phobic Luddite for doing so.

Right again...God Damn Cassandra...

This is not like BofA.... I always thought them the type that would just tack on a hidden special transaction fee since god forbid they can't use your money. So the moral of the story is people should use cash only.....? I can handle that.
    Last edited by paulbot24; 01-15-2013 at 04:17 PM.
    "Perfect safety is not the purpose of government." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by brushfire View Post
    "I was in the rain forest once, and it rained on me..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Ron Paul suggested a very good first step to the process of restoring sound money... It was beautiful. It left them all standing with their fiats out.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    'Excuse us, we'll be leaving now. Oh, and you don't mind if we just steal this Constitution before we go? You @#$%s aren't using it anyway...'

Oh screw BoA and this corrupt government behind it. This is just a taste for Obama's gun executive orders tomorrow.

Just to pile it on a bit, this is older but...hey

Bank of America Freezing Gun Manufacturer’s Accounts
    http://www.canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/52250

http://www.kpho.com/story/20549134/v...s-over-product

Valley gun manufacturer: Bank of America froze funds over product This is a major story out of phoenix,arizona and it is proven to be real.

As far as I know, a credit card purchase only looks at the dollar amount of purchase when seeking aproval and not what is being purchased. I don't think they check what items are on a particular transaction. But despite the headlines, the conversation in the video does not say (other than the woman's claim) that there are any such restrictions. The person on the other end of the line at the bank could not find anything to support what she claimed. The "alert" is over nothing.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 01-15-2013 at 04:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    As far as I know, a credit card purchase only looks at the dollar amount of purchase when seeking aproval and not what is being purchased. I don't think they check what items are on a particular transaction. Not convinced the video is real.
    From my research, the ATM/CREDIT card machines use a "type"

so if you swipe at a restaurant it will say "dining and entertainment" to the machine and bank. It would be no problem from them to bar purchases by using the type, Im sure there is a "guns and ammo"

I know this because American Express does not allow one to purchase anything at any California LEGAL marijuana dispensaries. I had to look it up and its as true for visa as it is for AMEX.
    Last edited by ZENemy; 01-15-2013 at 04:38 PM.

As far as I know, a credit card purchase only looks at the dollar amount of purchase when seeking aproval and not what is being purchased. I don't think they check what items are on a particular transaction. But despite the headlines, the conversation in the video does not say (other than the woman's claim) that there are any such restrictions. The person on the other end of the line at the bank could not find anything to support what she claimed. The "alert" is over nothing.
    You and KingNothingToSeeHere are really great at discounting before even examining something. See the posts above yours.
    I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than be living as a puppet or a slave - Peter Tosh

The kids they dance and shake their bones,
    While the politicians are throwing stones,
    And it's all too clear we're on our own,
    Singing ashes, ashes, all fall down...

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I updated my post. The bank is unable to support her claim that there are any restictions by the bank on gun and ammo purchases according to the video in the OP.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 01-15-2013 at 04:41 PM.

From my research, the ATM/CREDIT card machines use a "type"

so if you swipe at a restaurant it will say "dining and entertainment" to the machine and bank. It would be no problem from them to bar purchases by using the type, Im sure there is a "guns and ammo"

I know this because American Express does not allow one to purchase anything at any California LEGAL marijuana dispensaries. I had to look it up and its as true for visa as it is for AMEX.
    De-bunked the de-bunkers.

I updated my post. The bank is unable to support her claim that there are any restictions by the bank on gun and ammo purchases.
    1:30 - "I heard a rumor that Bank Of America is stopping purchases made with Bank of America cards on guns and ammo, is that correct?"

"That's correct ma'am".

However, predictably that was the only information he could give or confirm, because my guess is the BoA execs are inviting Pedro in to debrief the public on why.
    I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than be living as a puppet or a slave - Peter Tosh

I updated my post. The bank is unable to support her claim that there are any restictions by the bank on gun and ammo purchases according to the video in the OP.
    I agree with you here, I'm keeping an eye on the comments as a lot of people are calling in to confirm.

OK, so I'm blind here in all of this, you says it says one thing, the OP says it says something completely different.

What is the gist of the conversation?

I agree with you here, I'm keeping an eye on the comments as a lot of people are calling in to confirm.
    Except he did confirm it, he just couldn't find any info on why, or if it was permanent or temporary.

However, yes, some confirmation from additional sources would be helpful.

Federal Reserve banking cartel
    Criminal mismanagement cost to American taxpayers - 16 Trillion dollars
    Same criminals guilting the American public for even more taxpayer money with TARP - 700 Billion
    Criminals taking the "moral high ground" to finish off the enslavement of the taxpayers - Priceless
    "Perfect safety is not the purpose of government." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by brushfire View Post
    "I was in the rain forest once, and it rained on me..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Ron Paul suggested a very good first step to the process of restoring sound money... It was beautiful. It left them all standing with their fiats out.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    'Excuse us, we'll be leaving now. Oh, and you don't mind if we just steal this Constitution before we go? You @#$%s aren't using it anyway...'

OK, so I'm blind here in all of this, you says it says one thing, the OP says it says something completely different.

What is the gist of the conversation?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinchWhoStoleDC View Post
    1:30 - "I heard a rumor that Bank Of America is stopping purchases made with Bank of America cards on guns and ammo, is that correct?"

"That's correct ma'am".

However, predictably that was the only information he could give or confirm, because my guess is the BoA execs are inviting Pedro in to debrief the public on why.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Except he did confirm it, he just couldn't find any info on why, or if it was permanent or temporary.

However, yes, some confirmation from additional sources would be helpful.
    Thanks for pointing me to that portion. He did say correct but was unable to confirm that this was indeed the policy when he tried to actually look it up.

This!

well not the dots

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainAmerica View Post
    http://www.kpho.com/story/20549134/v...s-over-product

Valley gun manufacturer: Bank of America froze funds over product This is a major story out of phoenix,arizona and it is proven to be real.
    Some info:
    http://www.dailyfinance.com/2013/01/...oney-withheld/

In late December, Joe Sirochman, president of American Spirit Arms, took to the Internet, claiming that Bank of America illegally withheld his company's funds because of the nature of its business. On his company's Facebook feed, Sirochman wrote that the bank put holds on payments for guns it sold through his e-commerce site. When he called to investigate why the deposits were being delayed, he alleges, he was eventually told by by a bank representative: "We believe you should not be selling guns and parts on the Internet."

Citing client confidentiality concerns, Bank of America refused to discuss Sirochman's specific case on the record. However, a bank spokeswoman noted that -- like most financial institutions -- Bank of America often flags atypical transactions, including major surges in deposits or withdrawals.

That description certainly fits the circumstances of the American Spirit Arms case. Sirochman acknowledges his company has experienced a massive surge in gun sales over the past few weeks, noting that "dealers [have been] selling out of inventory, manufacturers [have been] backlogged for months." His company has been no exception: Sirochman estimates that American Spirit Arms has had a "500 percent increase in website orders" -- the kind of activity that would be likely raise red flags at Bank of America.

So that explains the delay in clearing those deposits, but what about Sirochman's claim that Bank of America is unfairly (and illegally) targeting the gun business? While the spokeswoman, again, would not comment directly on Sirochman's case, she did note that it's common for a bank representative to contact a customer who is displaying unusual account activity. What is not common is for a bank employee to comment on the ethics of a customer's business, and, as yet, there seems to be no evidence that the exchange Sirochman cites actually occurred as described.

As for Sirochman, his account -- and the surge in firearm sales -- reflect a growing concern among America's pro-gun faction about the possibility that the federal government is finally moving forward on increased gun restrictions. As I've noted in other articles, despite a previous lack of any serious moves in that vein by the White House, the NRA and other pro-gun lobbying groups have long claimed that the Obama administration is eager to clamp down on gun owners. Ammo.net, an online ammunition store, last year referred to the president as "the greatest gun salesman in America."

I have a pile of credit cards including a BoA Visa.I always pay off the entire balance when I get the bill,they are mostly for recurring payments and buying stuff online.

I had not used this card in a while or have any monthly/annual payments on it ,so,for bookkeeping purposes,I used it for a series of recent ammo purchases from 5 different online ammo dealers with no problems.
    I just got my bill,$3,492.37,all of it for ammo,and I will have thousands on next month's bill.
    I ordered ammo as recently as 2 days ago without issue.
    Last edited by mad cow; 01-15-2013 at 05:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mad cow View Post
    I have a pile of credit cards including a BoA Visa.I always pay off the entire balance when I get the bill,they are mostly for recurring payments and buying stuff online.

I had not used this card in a while or have any monthly/annual payments on it ,so,for bookkeeping purposes,I used it for a series of recent ammo purchases from 5 different online ammo dealers with no problems.
    I just got my bill,$3,492.37,all of it for ammo,and I will have thousands on next month's bill.
    I ordered ammo as recently as 2 days ago without issue.
    When the caller in the OP video says "stopping purchases" and the BoA rep confirms, it may actually mean they are not remitting payment to the retailers. That is what's happening with the other linked article about the online gun/ammo merchant. So the consumer may not have any trouble making a purchase, but BoA may withhold funds from the retailer. How they can get away with billing the consumer, yet withholding funds from a merchant without evidence of fraud or illegal activity is beyond me.

heres the deal.... even if the laws to ban weapons and ammo dont get passed (which they will), people need to realize that the government is ran by the mega corporations. this is corporate sanctions on guns and weapons.

unfuckingbelievable!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast