Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alex Jones vs Cenk Uygur

Alex Jones vs Cenk Uygur

Here's what the Young Turks put out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bWdPW6rGKA

Here's the full interview

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KfoXEC66Xw

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He called Beck a punk and a bastard.

I like it...

I hate it when AJ goes on the MSM and says he's a libertarian (early in the first video).

He probably is philosophically libertarian, but when guys like AJ claim they are libertarians, it reflects badly on those of us who are rational libertarians.

We'd be better off if people thought of rational libertarians like Ron Paul or Justin Amash when they hear the word "libertarian," rather than flashing back to a demagogue like Alex Jones and one of his angry rants.

Why does Cenk not get what Jones is talking about, as far as Zombies, when our own government wasted tax payer dollars and drilled for a Zombie Pandemic?

Prepared for a Zombie Pandemic? CDC Can Help
    http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/health/2...-cdc-can-help/

Homeland Security grants went to ‘zombie apocalypse’ training
    http://dailycaller.com/2012/12/05/ho...ypse-training/

Report: DHS Spent Money on Zombie Simulation
    http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/...eland-security
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

I loathe Cenk Uygur. Cenk Uygur is bastard.

Oh I can tell right off the bat that this is gonna be good!
    "When it gets down to having to use violence, then you are playing the system's game. The establishment will irritate you - pull your beard, flick your face - to make you fight, because once they've got you violent then they know how to handle you. The only thing they don't know how to handle is non-violence and humor. "

---John Lennon

"I EAT NEOCONS FOR BREAKFAST!!!"

---Me

AJ has been going on a media blitz lately.
    Rand Paul 2016

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    BOOM!!!
    "Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness"

Quote Originally Posted by gwax23 View Post
    I loathe Cenk Uygur. Cenk Uygur is bastard.
    I'll admit I haven't seen a lot of his stuff, but I don't agree.

I disagree with many of his beliefs, but from what I've seen, the guy tries to carry on rational debate. He doesn't shout, he doesn't talk over people, he doesn't threaten, he doesn't bully, he doesn't twist people's words.

We could use more people like that, even if we disagree with them, and less of the loud mouth blow hard types who seem to dominate the debate (on both sides).

Quote Originally Posted by libertariantexas View Post
    I hate it when AJ goes on the MSM and says he's a libertarian (early in the first video).
    All part of the plan. AJ has also recently claimed to be the leader of the liberty movement.

Cenk Uygur likes to admit the government does some very bad things yet does not admit that the government does in fact do very bad things.
    "Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness"

He probably is philosophically libertarian, but when guys like AJ claim they are libertarians, it reflects badly on those of us who are rational libertarians.

We'd be better off if people thought of rational libertarians like Ron Paul or Justin Amash when they hear the word "libertarian," rather than flashing back to a demagogue like Alex Jones and one of his angry rants.
    What is a rational Libertarian? Some regulation's on peoples lives like prostitution, or drugs (which Ron Paul agrees should be 100% legal). Or regulating morals and or allowing people to make there own decisions about there life.and make a living on how they choose to live there lives?

If Alex Jones wasn't rational he wouldn't be a multimillionaire, with a house, family, children and pets. He wouldn't have a multimillion viewing audience, and he would be shown on TV show's such as The View to Fox News. You need to put faith into people, because chances are most of us are quite rational, it should be our decision on how we want to live our lives. And there is the definition of freedom, liberty and the principles of Libertarianism.

The reason you don't like Alex Jones is because your afraid of the truth that our government is currupted hi-jacked corperation for the New World Order, Military Industrial Complex as explained by Eisenhower. The problem with you is, that you aren't a REAL American and don't stand for the true principles of FREEDOM, LIBERTY AND THE CONSTITUTION.

Put Vote 4 Ron Paul on your money

Quote Originally Posted by AzNsOuLjAh27 View Post
    What is a rational Libertarian? Some regulation's on peoples lives like prostitution, or drugs (which Ron Paul agrees should be 100% legal). Or regulating morals and or allowing people to make there own decisions about there life.and make a living on how they choose to live there lives?
    By "rational libertarian" I mean someone like myself or Ron Paul. Someone who doesn't trust the government to do the right thing or a competent job, and sees too much government as dangerous, as well as a major detriment to the economy.

The "irrational" "libertarians" are those like AJ who seem to be one bad hair day away from climbing a tower. Those paranoiacs who think the government is "out to get them" 24-7. Who believe everything is a massive government conspiracy (part of the reason they are irrational is that the same people who don't think the government is competent enough to deliver the mail think that same government is competent enough to flawlessly execute massive and elaborate conspiracies- that just ain't rational, folks- how can the government be completely inept on one hand, and execute flawlessly on the other?).

Frankly, I'm not sure AJ is irrational. I sometimes think he really doesn't believe half the stuff he says and may well be just demagogue the issues for financial gain. But whether he is a true believer or just an opportunist, he reflects badly on those of us who are rational libertarians.

If Alex Jones wasn't rational he wouldn't be a multimillionaire, with a house, family, children and pets.
    Are you serious? Do you really think the ability to earn money as an entertainer demonstrates rationality? I'll give you a chance to think about that, and if you really believe it, I'll give you a list of really bat $#@! crazy people who are multi millionaires and you can try again.

He wouldn't have a multimillion viewing audience
    Am I missing something here? Last I checked, AJ had a radio show. How are you "viewing" that?

, and he would be shown on TV show's such as The View to Fox News.
    Because they never have nutty people on "The View" or Fox News? Right...

Glenn Beck (not one of my favorite people, despite the fact that he also claims to be a libertarian) was right. The reason AJ is often brought on these shows is to discredit libertarians. Put AJ on "Piers Morgan" or "The View," get him riled up (which usually takes about 15-seconds), red in the face, yelling and ranting, and they win. Because he is being presented as a representative libertarian, but comes off as a blow hard, a bully, and a nut, not a person capable of rational debate.

The sad thing is, he DOES make some good points that I, or any other libertarian, would agree with- whether discussing gun control or anything else. But the good parts of his message are obscured by his abrasive personality and his nutty conspiracy rantings.

Sit back and think about it. Take the infamous "Piers Morgan" appearance. What do you think sticks out most in the mind of the average viewer watching that act:

A) That AJ points correctly points out that the right to bear arms is about protecting ourselves from aggressors or the state.
    B) That AJ went off on a bunch of crazy conspiracy rants.
    C) That AJ got riled up, started yelling and ranting, challenged Morgan to a fight, etc.

My guess is that no more than 20% focused on A) (and most of those were probably already libertarians). The other 80% probably saw him as a loud mouthed bully and a nut (or both). I doubt that "performance" by AJ convinced a single person who wasn't already a 2nd amendment supporter to become a supporter.

The exact opposite of Ron Paul. Ron, despite being extremely charismatically challenged, was able to convince millions to become libertarians. He didn't do it by throwing out crazy and volatile statements, he didn't do it by yelling and ranting and bullying. He was calm, rational, and reasonable- he got people carefully consider what he was saying, and many realized that what he said made sense.

Love it. My thoughts exactly about the con-man Beck.
    ...but when the trumpets blew again and the knights charged, the name they cried was "Stannis! Stannis! STANNIS!"

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dinosaur View Post
    All part of the plan. AJ has also recently claimed to be the leader of the liberty movement.
    What's wrong with him saying the unbridled truth?

By "rational libertarian" I mean someone like myself or Ron Paul. Someone who doesn't trust the government to do the right thing or a competent job, and sees too much government as dangerous, as well as a major detriment to the economy.

The "irrational" "libertarians" are those like AJ who seem to be one bad hair day away from climbing a tower. Those paranoiacs who think the government is "out to get them" 24-7. Who believe everything is a massive government conspiracy (part of the reason they are irrational is that the same people who don't think the government is competent enough to deliver the mail think that same government is competent enough to flawlessly execute massive and elaborate conspiracies- that just ain't rational, folks- how can the government be completely inept on one hand, and execute flawlessly on the other?).

Frankly, I'm not sure AJ is irrational. I sometimes think he really doesn't believe half the stuff he says and may well be just demagogue the issues for financial gain. But whether he is a true believer or just an opportunist, he reflects badly on those of us who are rational libertarians.

Are you serious? Do you really think the ability to earn money as an entertainer demonstrates rationality? I'll give you a chance to think about that, and if you really believe it, I'll give you a list of really bat $#@! crazy people who are multi millionaires and you can try again.

Am I missing something here? Last I checked, AJ had a radio show. How are you "viewing" that?

Because they never have nutty people on "The View" or Fox News? Right...

Glenn Beck (not one of my favorite people, despite the fact that he also claims to be a libertarian) was right. The reason AJ is often brought on these shows is to discredit libertarians. Put AJ on "Piers Morgan" or "The View," get him riled up (which usually takes about 15-seconds), red in the face, yelling and ranting, and they win. Because he is being presented as a representative libertarian, but comes off as a blow hard, a bully, and a nut, not a person capable of rational debate.

The sad thing is, he DOES make some good points that I, or any other libertarian, would agree with- whether discussing gun control or anything else. But the good parts of his message are obscured by his abrasive personality and his nutty conspiracy rantings.

Sit back and think about it. Take the infamous "Piers Morgan" appearance. What do you think sticks out most in the mind of the average viewer watching that act:

A) That AJ points correctly points out that the right to bear arms is about protecting ourselves from aggressors or the state.
    B) That AJ went off on a bunch of crazy conspiracy rants.
    C) That AJ got riled up, started yelling and ranting, challenged Morgan to a fight, etc.

My guess is that no more than 20% focused on A) (and most of those were probably already libertarians). The other 80% probably saw him as a loud mouthed bully and a nut (or both). I doubt that "performance" by AJ convinced a single person who wasn't already a 2nd amendment supporter to become a supporter.

The exact opposite of Ron Paul. Ron, despite being extremely charismatically challenged, was able to convince millions to become libertarians. He didn't do it by throwing out crazy and volatile statements, he didn't do it by yelling and ranting and bullying. He was calm, rational, and reasonable- he got people carefully consider what he was saying, and many realized that what he said made sense.

Well Said sir well said.

They played a clip of John Stewart saying that the fear of a dystopian future prevents us from addressing the dystopia of today. Once again, a subtle twist of meaning. The original novels about dystopian future all centered around on all-powerful, aggressive, institutionalized government that crushed the individual, and took away all rights. Yet Stewart wants to redefine the term dystopia to apply to lone wolf, crazed murderers, while flagrantly ignores the aspects of our society that are dystopian today: drone strikes, NDAA, torture, indefinite detention, lack of due process, the capture by government of all communications, SWAT raids, etc.

Propaganda and spin from the media is so effective and subtle that it's far more dystopian than lone murderers, no matter how much they try to redefine terminology. Up is down, down is up. Slavery is freedom.
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 01-15-2013 at 07:09 PM.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

i like what jones said about glen beck

Loud and angry does not mean one is necessarily irrational.

Quote Originally Posted by mport1 View Post
    Me too, Alex Jones is definitely not a libertarian.
    He sure as heck seems like one to me.

Quote Originally Posted by mport1 View Post
    Me too, Alex Jones is definitely not a libertarian.
    I believe I heard him say that he was a constitutionalist/classical liberal.
    Indianensis Universitatis Alumnus

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    He's not an anarcho-capitalist, but he's certainly a libertarian if it's defined as 'a person who values liberty.'

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    Ah, let me clear things up for you. According to "Libertarians" nobody is actually Libertarian. We're all really closet statists.

Quote Originally Posted by gwax23 View Post
    Well Said sir well said.
    I can't say I disagree with that as an opinion, but there is more to it as we have seen with some of the positive results of AJ's rant.

But tell me, does a "rational" Libertarian vote for Obama and increases his campaign donations to Obama just to spite members of RPFs?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

He does have an internet TV show, you're able to watch his show if you pay monthly to Infowars or Prisonplanet.

I'll admit I haven't seen a lot of his stuff, but I don't agree.

I disagree with many of his beliefs, but from what I've seen, the guy tries to carry on rational debate. He doesn't shout, he doesn't talk over people, he doesn't threaten, he doesn't bully, he doesn't twist people's words.

We could use more people like that, even if we disagree with them, and less of the loud mouth blow hard types who seem to dominate the debate (on both sides).

we need more Libertarians (ahem) like Glenn Beck and Alex Jones...i'm sure that will attract more people to the movement hahaha

really these guys are just for entertainment, they shouldnt be look upon as serious people
    If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.

I've only watched the first video in the OP. I hate Alex Jones but he did fine in this interview.

I think the Piers Morgan appearance was a mutually beneficial spectacle for both Jones and Morgan. They both gained some listeners/viewers from it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast