Thread: Carney: White House can't rule out chemical weapons use in Syria

Carney: White House can't rule out chemical weapons use in Syria

The White House on Thursday again evaded direct questions about whether chemical weapons have been deployed in Syria.

White House press secretary Jay Carney would not deny definitively that chemical weapons were used in the city of Homs, despite claims made in a recent classified State Department cable that such weapons had been used.

Carney referred to the information in the cable as “anecdotal” and said that the State Department could not independently corroborate the information in the cable, which originated from a third-party source on the ground in Syria.

“The State Department addressed this issue yesterday. One of our diplomatic posts received anecdotal information from a third party regarding an alleged incident in Syria in December,” Carney said during the White House press briefing.
    http://freebeacon.com/redlined/
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Incompetent Obama administration, they can't even make up intelligence right....
    I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than be living as a puppet or a slave - Peter Tosh

The kids they dance and shake their bones,
    While the politicians are throwing stones,
    And it's all too clear we're on our own,
    Singing ashes, ashes, all fall down...

Banned

Blog Entries
    It was already determined tear gas was used, which is a chemical weapon, not just an illegal one.

Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post
    It was already determined tear gas was used, which is a chemical weapon, not just an illegal one.
    ah, Drudge was tweeting it so I figured it was new. I'll move it to the foreign policy section in that case. I hadn't heard that had been determined.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden