Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why did Forbes pull this: "Psychiatric Drugs, Not A Lack Of Gun Control, Are The Common...

Why did Forbes pull this: "Psychiatric Drugs, Not A Lack Of Gun Control, Are The Common...

forbes.com/sites/lawrencehunter/2013/01/14/psychiatric-drugs-not-a-lack-of-gun-control-are-the-common-denominator-in-murderous-violence/
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/lawrence...rous-violence/

Returns this:

at the time of this posting, it was still in the Google Cache:

The article above is still online for now:
    Anti-Depressants Often Found But Not Reported in Shootings
    By Glenn Gramigna

Why did twenty year old Adam Lanza open fire on a helpless kindergarten class last week, killing twenty kids and six adults? Why has America been forced to endure a steady stream of such incidents over the past twenty years, from Columbine to Tucson, to Virginia Tech to Aurora?

While the corporate media continues to explore certain answers to this question while avoiding others, many believe the real explanation begins with the sad experience of a certain Mrs. Kinkel in June of 1996. While on vacation in Costa Rica that year, she could often be heard bragging that, “The Prozac is working,” referring to the antidepressant her teenage son Kip had been put on by psychiatrists.

Sometime later, a fifteen year old Kip used a 9mm Glock and a .22 caliber semi-automatic rifle to murder both his parents, before killing two and wounding twenty-four others at nearby Thurston High School.

In fact, the link between the epidemic of mass murders over the past twenty years in the US and the widespread prescribing of antidepressants coinciding with this phenomenon has been widely written about. Huffington Post founder Arianna Huffington and Congressman Dennis Kucinich have both been pioneers in bringing the issue to the attention of the public.

A study done by Cardiff University in Wales concluded that, “… school shootings are almost always carried out by children who are taking antidepressants. We know that (these drugs) cause children to disconnect from reality. When you combine this with a propensity for violence, you create a dangerous recipe for school shootings and other adolescent violence.”

So why haven't we heard anything about these issues during the mainstream media's wall-to-wall coverage of the Newtown tragedy?

Some think this may have to do with the pharmaceutical industry's propensity for non-stop TV advertising campaigns, spending between $2.4 billion and $3.1 billion annually in the last five years. Since our multi-million dollar check from Big Pharma has apparently been lost in the mail, we are free to tell you the truth...The only problem is where to start.

The Chicago Tribune reported that Cho Seung Hui, who shot and killed thirty-two fellow students at Virginia Tech, was on antidepressants at the time of his killing spree. New River Community Services on the campus kept re-filling his prescriptions over and over again.

James Holmes, the Batman shooter, who murdered twelve and wounded thirty-eight in an Aurora, Colorado movie theater earlier this year was being treated by a team of psychiatrists for a condition called “dysphoric mania.” Holmes was known to be on antidepressants, though we don't know which ones.

Before he started off on his deadly killing spree, Holmes mailed burnt currency to his University of Colorado psychiatrist.
    The medical records of the Columbine murderers are still sealed to this day.

As for Lanza, we know he had been diagnosed with a “personality disorder,” a psychiatric term, the use of which makes it virtually certain that he was being treated by a psychiatrist. Treatment by a psychiatrist almost always includes being prescribed antidepressants and/or other psychiatric drugs.

In any case, the drug industry kingpins have been less successful at covering up the antidepressant use of less well-known mass murderers.

For example, when twenty-seven year old Steven Kazmierczak shot and killed five and wounded twenty-one in a Northern Illinois University auditorium, his girlfriend told reporters he had been taking Prozac, Xanax, and Ambien. When twenty-two year-old culinary student Matti Saari killed nine students and teachers in Finland, he was taking an SSRI and benzodiazapine.

When sixteen-year-old Jeff Weise killed his grandparents and then went to school on the Red Lake, Minnesota Indian Reservation, killing seven and wounding seven more before killing himself, he was on Prozac.

Fortunately, not everyone is in the pocket of the pharmaceutical industry and the psychiatric establishment, with which it works hand-in-hand.

As Huffington has written: “We need to begin to ask questions about the harmful effects of antidepressants. The lives of our children could be riding on the answers.”
    http://www.niagarafallsreporter.com/...pressants.html
    What if discussion of the connection b/w SSRI's and the Shootings was being suppressed at the highest levels?
    Would that not be the scandal of the last 100 years? More?

How many people are in danger because the Media has decided not to put this in the national discussion?
    Why are so many people willing to believe Big Pharma?

Why do I have so many questions?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Most of the people taking anti-depressants, I believe, are women. Why aren't women shooting up schools?

A study done by Cardiff University in Wales concluded that, “… school shootings are almost always carried out by children who are taking antidepressants. We know that (these drugs) cause children to disconnect from reality. When you combine this with a propensity for violence, you create a dangerous recipe for school shootings and other adolescent violence.”
    Ok, so what are the major societal consequences of women taking Prozac, beyond the obsession with The Kardashians and The Real Housewives? Obviously it is bad for their individual health.
    Last edited by dannno; 01-14-2013 at 06:47 PM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Because free speech has been dead in america since 1913

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Most of the people taking anti-depressants, I believe, are women. Why aren't women shooting up schools?

Maybe it has something to do with testosterone or lack thereof.

If getting drunk results in an increased tendency to commit rape, and just as many women get drunk as men, why aren't there a lot of female rapists? Ha, silly comparison.
    Last edited by Expatriate; 01-14-2013 at 06:56 PM.
    "Truth will win in the end. We just don't know when the end is. So we have to persevere." ― Carol Paul

Big Pharma makes hundreds of billions a year and advertises with publications like Forbes to the tune of hundreds of millions per year. When a major client calls you up and suggests you pull a story that paints their business in a not so flattering light, you pull it.

Quote Originally Posted by ghengis86 View Post
    Big Pharma makes hundreds of billions a year and advertises with publications like Forbes to the tune of hundreds of millions per year. When a major client calls you up and suggests you pull a story that paints their business in a not so flattering light, you pull it.
    Kind of a flawed explanation of "Big Pharma." They also advertise at Reason.TV, and they worship that quack Thomas Szasz.

Quote Originally Posted by pochy1776 View Post
    Kind of a flawed explanation of "Big Pharma." They also advertise at Reason.TV, and they worship that quack Thomas Szasz.
    ??? Just an explanation of the mechanism. Big dick clients can make the service provider do things they otherwise wouldn't or don't prefer to do.

Quote Originally Posted by ghengis86 View Post
    So we're all in danger because cnnfoxmsnbcabcnbccbs are addicted to drug money.

In the middle of a "drug war".

I'm no lawyer but there must be some way to charge criminal conduct in a situation like this. This entire clusterfark gets more smelly every single day.

I refuse to sit back and let this nonsense go on. This is absolutely outrageous. Meanwhile, how many suicide pills did big pharma get their little sales people/drug pushers to shove down children's throats today? How many will become shooters in a few years? Holy Crap this nation is F&*KED

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peace Piper View Post

I'm no lawyer but there must be some way to charge criminal conduct in a situation like this. This entire clusterfark gets more smelly every single day.

I refuse to sit back and let this nonsense go on. This is absolutely outrageous. Meanwhile, how many suicide pills did big pharma get their little sales people/drug pushers to shove down children's throats today? How many will become shooters in a few years? Holy Crap this nation is F&*KED
    Theres also big ag, big science and big politics. Money is universal.

Did you take chemistry in school? Maybe you should apply for a Pharm D education. Better yet become an educated expert on pharmacology and defeat them at their own game. Scientist don;t listen to laymen.

Source?

And there have been women on drugs doing mayhem. I don't have time right now to search but I'll try to find instances later and post them. IIRC it's in here-.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._United_States

or maybe here: http://ssristories.com/index.php

Why is the war against Mary Jane and cocaine bad but the war against SSRI's is some kind of libertarian heroism.

Theres also big ag, big science and big politics. Money is universal.

Did you take chemistry in school? Maybe you should apply for a Pharm D education. Better yet become an educated expert on pharmacology and defeat them at their own game. Scientist don;t listen to laymen.
    I don't care who or what you or anyone else listens to or believes.

Ok?

Thanks. Happy New Year.

Why is the war against Mary Jane and cocaine bad but the war against SSRI's is some kind of libertarian heroism.
    Because SSRIs are a result of big government corporatism in medicine whereas cannabis and cocaine are plants which by themselves are relatively harmless and have multiple beneficial uses.

Specifically, however, cannabis and cocaine cannot be patented. That means they can't create a monopoly so they can't make a lot of money on it. That is why those substances are targeted by the opposition.
    Last edited by dannno; 01-14-2013 at 07:34 PM.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

haha

Because SSRIs are a result of big government corporatism in medicine whereas cannabis and cocaine are plants which by themselves are relatively harmless and have multiple beneficial uses.

Specifically, however, cannabis and cocaine cannot be patented. That means they can't create a monopoly so they can't make a lot of money on it. That is why those substances are targeted by the opposition.
    hahaha

"They're plants so they're harmless"

I can show you "plants" that would, if ingested, kill an elephant in microgram amounts.

But isn;t that a violation of letting adults put whatever they want in their bodies. or is anything government funded bad.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Its not that libertarians believe that ssris should be outlawed...many do believe they are way over prescribed as a solution for people that may or may not have mental illness.

But it's fully disclosed that these pills may turn you into a psychopathic mass murderer, as well as a hundred other symptoms. No liability!

I'm stoned in the mall again. Terminally bored, Shuffling round the stores, And shoplifting is getting so last year's thing.
    Don't try engaging me. The vaguest of shrugs, The prescription drugs, You'll never find A person inside.
    My face is mogadon. Curiosity Has given up on me. I'm tuning out desires. The pills are on the rise.
    How can I be sure I'm here? The pills that I've been taking confuse me. I need to know that someone sees that There's nothing left I simply am not here.
    My friend says he wants to die. He's in a band, They sound like Pearl Jam, The clothes are all black, The music is crap.
    Bipolar disorder, Can't deal with the boredom
    You don't try to be liked. You don't mind. You feel no sun. You steal a gun. To kill time.
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 01-14-2013 at 07:55 PM.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by cbrons View Post
    hahaha

I can show you "plants" that would, if ingested, kill an elephant in microgram amounts.
    I didn't say they are harmless BECAUSE they are plants, I said that by themselves the plants are relatively harmless.

But isn;t that a violation of letting adults put whatever they want in their bodies. or is anything government funded bad.
    Telling people that SSRIs cause mass murder is not a violation of letting adults put whatever they want in their bodies.

Not everything funded by government is bad, but, probably 90-99% is.

Telling people that SSRIs cause mass murder is not a violation of letting adults put whatever they want in their bodies.

Not everything funded by government is bad, but, probably 90-99% is.
    Time for you to put up or shut up. Show me studies that suggest selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor drugs cause people to commit mass murder.

Time for you to put up or shut up. Show me studies that suggest selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor drugs cause people to commit mass murder.
    Don;t be so angry, most people on RPF are skeptical of hard science. And with good reason. They think in this case correlation is causation. Even though gun Violence is much lower.

Quote Originally Posted by pochy1776
    Are you serious?

Stop and listen to yourself for a second. Right now, people just like you and me are being brutalized, shot, raped and thrown in cages because they used marijuana or whatever, and this is being done with money that is taken by force as "tax". Does that sound at all similar to what anyone here has even hinted at suggesting as a solution?
    "Truth will win in the end. We just don't know when the end is. So we have to persevere." ― Carol Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Expatriate View Post
    Are you serious?

Stop and listen to yourself for a second. Right now, people just like you and me are being brutalized, shot, raped and thrown in cages because they used marijuana or whatever, and this is being done with money that is taken by force as "tax". Does that sound at all similar to what anyone here has even hinted at suggesting as a solution?
    Gun violence has come down in the last 50 years. First RPF gun nuts tell me (and i agree) guns are nessecery and that the figures are misleading. Then SSRI's come in and then RPF people look at them as if they are the killer and that all gun violence will be gone if we some how control the "evi" "psychopathic" SSRIs. I want more people to work with the mentally ill. You won't be so angry at them. Including "psychopaths"

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    A lot of the problem is SSRI's being passed out (forced) on kids due to NCLB.

Gvmt causes problem
    Gvmt gets blowback
    Gvmt fixes wrong problem to solve blowback and creates additional problems with solution.

Everything is normal. No worries...

-t

hahaha

Would those include cannabis or cocoa? If not, a new thread might be better for that list.
    We have allies many of you are not aware of. Watch the tube. Show this to your 30 and under friends. Listen to it. Even if you don't like rap, it has 2.7 million views.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmBnvajSfWU#t=0m16s

Cut off one min early to avoid war porn.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post

Aurora is so $#@!ed up, it really deserves it's own category.
    We have allies many of you are not aware of. Watch the tube. Show this to your 30 and under friends. Listen to it. Even if you don't like rap, it has 2.7 million views.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmBnvajSfWU#t=0m16s

Cut off one min early to avoid war porn.

Don;t be so angry, most people on RPF are skeptical of hard science.
    I disagree. I certainly do not oppose hard science. I appreciate it.
    Most here are opposed to JUNK science. And there is a lot of it.

What I see here is debunking junk science,, often using hard science to do so.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

I want more people to work with the mentally ill. You won't be so angry at them. Including "psychopaths"
    Good. Work with them. Help them if you are able. Do not use them as Guinea Pigs to test your latest MIND CONTROL Drugs.

That is what these drugs are. Period. Mind Control Drugs. Developed by the same companies that were intimately involved with MK Ultra and were developing Mind Control Drugs.

It comes out of the Social Control philosophy.

UNDERSTAND THIS
    You have no right to $#@! with someone head. regardless of you intentions.
    You have no right to CONTROL anyone but yourself.

You are defending an industry that has no ethics, a questionable morality, and a long history of abuse.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast