Thread: Some love from Outkast

Some love from Outkast

Rapper Big Boi announces he’s a Libertarian who voted for Gary Johnson

It’s no surprise that rapper Antwan Andrew Patton, also known as Big Boi and formerly the other half of OutKast, didn’t vote for Romney in November. But he didn’t vote for Obama either.

“I voted for Gary Johnson,” the Grammy-award winning rapper admitted to Alyona Minkovski on Huffpost Live Friday. Patton recounted a story during the interview about how he had to set a woman straight when she assumed the rapper was an Obama supporter.

“Well, I was, you know, leaving to go out of town, and it was a lady — a Caucasian lady — and she was like, ‘Oh yeah, congratulations on y’all win last night’, you know, with like an attitude. And, you know, just to let her know I was on my P’s and Q’s, I was like, ‘I don’t know what you talkin’ bout, I voted for Gary Johnson’. And she looked shocked to even know that I knew there were other candidates on the ballot, you know what I’m saying? So, you can’t judge a book by its cover.”
    Read the rest here:

http://redalertpolitics.com/2013/01/...#comment-16042
    For the Republic! For the Cause!
    The Truth About Central Banking and Business Cycles
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaxIPPMR3fI#t=186

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Thanks for sharing. It may not seem like much but when you have someone as famous as him proudly proclaiming to be a libertarian. Seeds start forming in peoples minds.

I was his engineer a few years back at one of his Florida shows, and he definitely parties like a libertarian
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa
    Liberty works best not because liberty is without responsibility, but because responsibility is part of the deal. Capitalism works best not because capitalists love us and want us to be happy, but because the more government you have, the more government they can buy, and if they have no government to buy then all they can do instead is compete--compete to serve us better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ʇɔɐ ʇoıɹʇɐd
    I heart BTC! - 1AesnP1c7wyjzJhaKZajkixo9tthZRQzjB

I was a fan of OutKast so cool to know, also:

When the rapper finished explaining his Libertarian views in the interview, the Huffpost reporter didn”t let the rapper leave before he weighed in on gun control.

“Where I stand on the Second Amendment- the right to bear arms is not just for hunting and fishing and things like that, but it’s the right of the American people to have a means of defense against a tyrannical government. Sometimes you’ve got to have that back up plan.”

Minkovski, seemingly disconcerted at this response, asked Patton if he supported an assault weapon ban.

“I think people can have whatever they want to as long as they’re responsible,” the rapper answered the question with ease.

Here's the full interview:
    http://live.huffingtonpost.com/r/seg...34443485000105

He talks about politics at these times:

3:04-9:56
    16:09-18:38
    28:43-31:21

Quote Originally Posted by evilfunnystuff View Post
    That's the first thing I thought of.

This song is always a big hit a parties, though.

"He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by Rudeman View Post
    I was a fan of OutKast so cool to know, also:

When the rapper finished explaining his Libertarian views in the interview, the Huffpost reporter didn”t let the rapper leave before he weighed in on gun control.

“Where I stand on the Second Amendment- the right to bear arms is not just for hunting and fishing and things like that, but it’s the right of the American people to have a means of defense against a tyrannical government. Sometimes you’ve got to have that back up plan.”

Minkovski, seemingly disconcerted at this response, asked Patton if he supported an assault weapon ban.

“I think people can have whatever they want to as long as they’re responsible,” the rapper answered the question with ease.
    Better answer: "Doesn't that sort of, you know, ruin the back up plan?"
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "I'm for the people, you know -like ending the FED" Big Boi. Hell yes, for once I know what someone means when they say, "you know"!

Really cool to hear, have always been a fan of Outkast.

yea, just saw the interview. Big Boi sounds like someone with a brain....that was probably some neocon congratulating him that Obama won. libtards and neocons are quite condescending
    If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.

Nice.
    Ron Paul: "For those who have asked, I freely confess that Jesus Christ is my personal Savior, and that I seek His guidance in all that I do."

Quote Originally Posted by fr33 View Post
    Old school

That's better, BoB and Rosa Parks were run into the ground by radio when they came out, and I personally like their older stuff a lot more.
    EX-USCG

What is the difference between a hero and a cop? A hero will not hesitate to risk his life to protect your safety, a cop will not hesitate to risk your life to protect his safety.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Authoritarian leftists. Political prisoners. Gulags. Where are we again?

Quote Originally Posted by Athan View Post
    In 2008 I had a lot of white people coming up to me proudly saying "We did it! We elected Obama!" as if they knew I just had to agree with them. Back then I decided not to ruin their interracial moment. That hasn't happened yet this year. I think I'll take the Big Boi approach if it happens again. (Though I voted for Virgil Goode.)
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.