Thread: Fiscal Cliff

Fiscal Cliff

"Fiscal Cliff” put in a much better perspective.

* U.S. Tax revenue: $2,170,000,000,000
    * Fed budget: $3,820,000,000,000
    * New debt: $ 1,650,000,000,000
    * National debt: $14,271,000,000,000
    * Recent budget cuts: $ 38,500,000,000

Let's now remove 8 zeros and pretend it's a household budget:

* Annual family income: $21,700
    * Money the family spent: $38,200
    * New debt on the credit card: $16,500
    * Outstanding balance on the credit card: $142,710
    * Total budget cuts so far: $38.50

Got It ?????
    OK now,

Lesson # 2:

Here's another way to look at the Debt Ceiling:

Let's say, You come home from work and find there has been a sewer backup in your neighborhood....
    and your home has sewage all the way up to your ceilings.

What do you think you should do ...

Raise the ceilings, or remove the s#!t ?
    “But let it not be said that we did nothing. Let not those who love the power of the welfare/warfare state label the dissenters of authoritarianism as unpatriotic or uncaring. Patriotism is more closely linked to dissent than it is to conformity and a blind desire for safety and security. Understanding the magnificent rewards of a free society makes us unbashful in its promotion, fully realizing that maximum wealth is created and the greatest chance for peace comes from a society respectful of individual liberty.”

― Ron Paul

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I paraphrased that into a status update that is getting a fair amount of play:

A family has an income of $21,700 and spends $38,200. Years of this gives them a total debt $142,710 and yet they viciously bicker over cutting $3.85 a year from their lifestyle...

Do you: (a) Consider them crazy and keep them as far away from your finances as possible. or (b) Empower them to manage your finances, too?

Add 8 zeros and there is the damn "fiscal cliff" - Anyone voting for the status quo is choosing (b)
    I saw someone else note that the math appears wrong on the original, so changed $38.50 to $3.85...
    Don't let others get you down. Not naysayers, not pretenders, not appeasers, not opportunists; none of em.

What others do pales beside what YOU do.

Press on! - The r3VOLution continues...

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."

~ C.Coolidge

HA. Saw this on your facebook page, Michael Good stuff. Now that I'm on my laptop I will share it.
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    —Charles Mackay

"god i fucking wanna rip his balls off and offer them to the gods"
    -Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by liberalnurse View Post

What do you think you should do ...

Raise the ceilings, or remove the s#!t ?
    Burn it down, Plow it under, rebuild from scratch.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by ronpaulhawaii View Post
    I paraphrased that into a status update that is getting a fair amount of play:

I saw someone else note that the math appears wrong on the original, so changed $38.50 to $3.85...
    Nice to see you, Michael.
    “But let it not be said that we did nothing. Let not those who love the power of the welfare/warfare state label the dissenters of authoritarianism as unpatriotic or uncaring. Patriotism is more closely linked to dissent than it is to conformity and a blind desire for safety and security. Understanding the magnificent rewards of a free society makes us unbashful in its promotion, fully realizing that maximum wealth is created and the greatest chance for peace comes from a society respectful of individual liberty.”

― Ron Paul

A good topic would be how to logically get 3.8 trillion budget down to 2.1 trillion. Considering it was 2 trillion less than two years ago I admit it is difficult for me to perceive what we are getting for the other two trillion.