93. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

22 23.66%
  • No

71 76.34%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Flu poll

Flu poll

I've been battling it for about a week...

You?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

The latest figures from the CDC show 29 states and New York City reporting high levels of flu activity, up from 16 states and New York City just one week prior.

Overall, 41 states reported cases.
    'It’s about five weeks ahead of the average flu season,' said Lyn Finelli, lead of the surveillance and response team that monitors influenza for the CDC’s National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases. 'We haven’t seen such an early season since 2003 to 2004.'
    Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2HIMrLa00
    Last edited by presence; 01-07-2013 at 07:16 AM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

No flu, no vaccine. In fact, I have not had the flu in over a decade nor a vaccine.

Yes Flu. It had me in bed four days. Wiped out another week. No vaccine.
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    —Charles Mackay

"god i fucking wanna rip his balls off and offer them to the gods"
    -Anonymous

No vaccine here...ever....

I'm eating like a damn horse and sleeping close to 20hrs a day....Lots of chilies to help keep the ol' nose open.....

Snivel/whine...

I have not gotten the flu in years.. I cannot remember the last time I was sick.

No, no flue shots.

Nope but I am still young and healthy. And unless we see another more virulent strain of the flu, I wont be getting the vaccine.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yes it has been a doozie. Had one eardrum cut and drains with a suction device a couple of days ago.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

No flu. Been taking 2000 IU per day of vitamin D3 for a few years now. Since I've been taking D3, I haven't been bothered by the flu.

Yup. For 3 weeks. Then it came back on for this past week. Of course I was holding snotty nosed kids over the holidays. No stomach problems just head/nose/chest congestion. Lot's of Thai hot curry. Think it is finally gone. My dad had it for over a month only his included stomach problems. He lost 15 pounds.

Yeah my family all had it for a week. First my daughter for 3 days then my wife for three days then I got it. Fun fun fun.

I kind of don't get the poll. I mean you might not have had the flu yet but could get it tomorrow. ha

Stomach flu. I was surrounded by it. Was out for two days. Low energy for 2-3 more days after that. I think I got it because of inadequate sleep for a few days prior. First time I've had the flu in probably 18-20 years. Possibly second time ever. No vaccine for at least the last decade.

I get the vaccine due to being around at-risk folks all the time. I'm well aware that it provides very limited protection. Something about this year, though, has been awesome. As others have bitten the dust (and most of them got the vaccine, too?), I have had a few "ew" days but never actually got all the way sick. I have been sneezed on, coughed on, shared a bathroom with people with the flu, and any number of other encounters that should have smeared flu bugs all over me. I haven't done anything different this year that I can recall. Yay
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

Guys, stop picking your nose and touching your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by green73 View Post
    Hey, if I didn't pick my nose, the hairs would be so full of boogers, I wouldn't be able to breath.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I have to. I haven't found somebody willing to do it for me.

Supporting Member
    Missouri

Blog Entries
    How many here that were sick were actually tested for the flu? Influenza is debilitating. It puts you down hard. Stiff muscles, sore EVERYTHING, plus fever, horrible headache and other issues. I'm not saying anyone here didn't have it really, but it's really common for people to say they have the flu when they actually don't. If you are able to get out of bed without passing out, it's probably not the flu.

Also, no such thing as "stomach flu". This is usually rotovirus, but there is no strain of influenza that only affects the stomach.

Quote Originally Posted by roxic27 View Post
    How many here that were sick were actually tested for the flu? Influenza is debilitating. It puts you down hard. Stiff muscles, sore EVERYTHING, plus fever, horrible headache and other issues. I'm not saying anyone here didn't have it really, but it's really common for people to say they have the flu when they actually don't. If you are able to get out of bed without passing out, it's probably not the flu.

Also, no such thing as "stomach flu". This is usually rotovirus, but there is no strain of influenza that only affects the stomach.
    I think what people are referring to is Low Grade flu.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/71...-flu-symptoms/

No vaccine here but I just got the congested chest and clogged not to mention intermittent fever. 3 days now.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."
    ~Ron Paul

RON PAUL
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

I take mega D3 too..so far so good. Haven't had the flu and I don't take vaccines. (had the real flu about 10 years ago so I know the difference between the flu and a bad cold...yes the flu will put you down for at least a week.)
    Last edited by Carlybee; 01-06-2013 at 06:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by roxic27 View Post

Agree.

Many people are describing cold symptoms.

Hard core flu has mild congestion, but high fever, severe body aches and headache.

Edit: I had a cold recently. Haven't had the flu for several years.
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 01-06-2013 at 06:42 PM.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Agree.

Many people are describing cold symptoms.

Hard core flu has mild congestion, but high fever, severe body aches and headache.

Edit: I had a cold recently. Haven't had the flu for several years.
    I can usually tell the difference, even if it is a severe cold that most would mistake for the flu. I'm not sure with this one. It develops quickly and suddenly, and it does come with the severe body aches.

Never had the flu. Get well soon! I've had weak colds that ave lasted over a month several times, though.
    Last edited by Keith and stuff; 01-06-2013 at 08:35 PM.
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Colds usually do not involve fevers.

There are a lot of variations on the basic flu, and in fact it tends to change every year in some way. This is why vaccination will always have limited success.

There are also a lot of other things that make people sick during flu season, some of which will also cause a fever. You might have a bacterial infection, which a lot of people overlook, or even food poisoning (rotavirus, mentioned earlier, brings on a fever as well).
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

My daughter picked my nose and then tried to put her finger in my mouth today.

I don't use the big pharma flu shots. The flu shot that I take every fall is 2oz of Jägermeister. I've had the flu once in the last 11 years.

Last edited by cjm; 01-06-2013 at 11:33 PM. Reason: swapped umlout for ae.
    “Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard.”

H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Yes it has been a doozie. Had one eardrum cut and drains with a suction device a couple of days ago.
    Damn, it sounds like you ought to figure out a better way to boost your immune system. Sickness inside ear = HELL. I feel for ya.
    I'm starting to think that the Mayans were right about 2012. Ron Paul will change the world.

I have only had the flu once in my life and I have never been vaccinated against it. Hell, I don't eat particularly healthy and I definitely don't take supplements and I rarely ever get sick at all. Hell, I can just list off all the times I've gotten sick.
    Measles and Chicken Pox - when I was really little
    Ear infection - when I wasn't much older than that
    Rotavirus - when I was 5
    Food Poisoning - when I was 7
    Influenza - when I was 10
    Rotavirus - when I was 13
    when I was 20 I got some kind of digestive tract infection that made me run a fever, vomit, and experience severe abdominal pain but it only lasted about 10 hours.

Aside from my seasonal allergies which are diminishing over time, those are the only times I've ever come down with anything that disrupted my life in a meaningful way. I've never been hospitalized, and the only time I even went to see a doctor when I was sick was for the ear infection and the food poisoning. I don't know about you guys, but I really like how my immune system performs for me.
    I'm starting to think that the Mayans were right about 2012. Ron Paul will change the world.

This year was particularly bad for my friends and me.

I had the flu (or something) for about a week right before Christmas. Fever, upper respiratory, and sinuses were all infected. Couldn't function, cold/hot all the time, but no throwing up. Took me about 5 days to battle it out naturally, and even when I was physically better my mind was still delirious, like I wasn't living in this word. I would just sit and stare. One of the craziest bugs I've ever had. The funny thing is that I brag about never getting sick, not even a cold. This broke my 3+ year record.

Even funnier, my wife got a flu shot this year and didn't get sick even when everyone around her was. I declined the shot, of course, HA.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast