Thread: The Battle of Athens: Restoring the Rule of Law

The Battle of Athens: Restoring the Rule of Law

The Battle of Athens was an armed rebellion led by WWII veterans and citizens in Athens and Etowah, Tennessee, United States, against the tyrannical local government in August 1946.

Something about trouble with getting an honest tally of the ballot boxes. Imagine that.

Reenactment.

The Battle of Athens: Restoring the Rule of Law

Battle of Athens (1946)
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Battle of Athens (sometimes called the McMinn County War) was a rebellion led by citizens in Athens and Etowah, Tennessee, United States, against the local government in August 1946. The citizens, including some World War II veterans, accused the local officials of political corruption and voter intimidation. The event is sometimes cited by firearms ownership advocates as an example of the value of the Second Amendment in combating tyranny.

Snip...

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    mid~afternoon coffee inspired bump as i reflect on gen'l g.washington's continental army

Great video. I never heard of this event before today. Looks like the 2nd amendment worked quite well in this not-so-long-ago instance. (there are some real photos at the end).

That's my hometown.

Quote Originally Posted by FunkBuddha View Post
    That's my hometown.
    You must be related to some of them. Ha! Ha! probably on both sides.

I thinking there were WWII veterans on both sides. Funny how history gets recorded some time.

My family has a long standing tradition of staying out of such conflicts. I know my grandfather had a business relationship with the Cantrells but most people in the area did. Most of the people in McMinn and surrounding counties still have a business relationship with the Cantrells whether they realize it or not.

I had read the story but never watched the clip. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by SpreadOfLiberty View Post
    I had read the story but never watched the clip. Thanks!
    I am sort of thinking I heard about it. Now I really see the importance of it. We've got the attack on Our Constituion and some heavy duty evidence of election fraud. Not voter fraud mind you but Election Fraud.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Thanks for posting.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

///
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.