Thread: Remember this?

Supporting Member
    Missouri

Blog Entries

Remember this?

Feeling nostalgic and wanted to ask everyone: What are some of your favorite memories from the Ron Paul campaign? (Any of the years)

Here are a couple of mine:

2012 Campaign
    Ron Paul on Leno with Joe Rogan:

The Boston Tea Party Revised

(Who still has their official invitation and tea bag?)

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Not just the picture - the magic of it all happening. No little campaign trolls telling us to give the cash to the campaign - just a few people on Ron Paul Forums and an idea that snowballed into an event that sold more newspapers than the paper could remember.
    Last edited by angelatc; 01-12-2013 at 11:13 PM.

Supporting Member
    Missouri

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Not just the picture - the magic of it all happening. No little campaign trolls telling us to give the cash to the campaign - just a few people on Ron Paul Forums and an idea that snowballed into an event that sold more newspapers than the paper could remember.
    Love it! If I remember correctly my pic is in his eye, but that may have been someone close to me and I'm remembering it. I'm gonna look at it again to figure it out. I still have the cardstock printout and the Iowa paper with this in it.

This is the kind of stuff I'm talking about. I had forgotten all about this and it definitely brought a smile to my face.

Supporting Member
    Missouri

Blog Entries
    Ahh nope it's Jay in his eye (At the top, right of it... in a green shirt)

Quote Originally Posted by roxic27 View Post
    Love it! If I remember correctly my pic is in his eye, but that may have been someone close to me and I'm remembering it. I'm gonna look at it again to figure it out. I still have the cardstock printout and the Iowa paper with this in it.

This is the kind of stuff I'm talking about. I had forgotten all about this and it definitely brought a smile to my face.
    As far as I know, that's the only picture of me on the internet, with the exception of some high school picture one of my friends from back in the day posted.

I still have my Ron Paul Jones soda, too. I think I found that - they were having a silly thing where you voted for your fave candidate's bottle of Jones Soda, and you could buy some too. I posted a thing here about Ron Paul not being on there, and about a day later they said they were on it, then he appeared.
    Last edited by angelatc; 01-12-2013 at 11:38 PM.

Supporting Member
    Missouri

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post

I guess you had to be there.
    Where is this?

Do you by chance have a picture of the actual Constitution ad? I was stupid and didn't get a copy of the paper, even though I was pretty dang involved in creating the ad. I'd like to see it again.

EDIT: Found it.

Last edited by LibertyEagle; 01-13-2013 at 12:35 AM.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It was a long long time ago. But this video made it click for me.
    Terminus tela viaticus!

I'm probably one of the few here who misses the debates and cheering Ron on as he took down Santorum countless times:

What I wouldn't give to re-do last January...
    Knowledge will forever govern ignorance; and a people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives. -James Madison

Quote Originally Posted by roxic27 View Post
    Where is this?

Ron Paul at Berkeley - Youth for Ron Paul
    Ron Paul Presidential Campaign Committee
    Thursday, April 5, 2012 at 7:00 PM (PDT)
    Berkeley, CA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0W6Cx-pysU

my greatest memory of Ron Paul was when he came to speak at the University of Washington in Seattle. When it was over as i was leaving the University and was getting ready to make my free right turn onto University Avenue, this effin mini van cut me off from my left side to make his right turn,. As i was getting ready to lay on the horn, this dude in the front passenger seat stuck his head out the window and waved at me....yep...Ron Paul. I was stunned. And stayed that way all the way home.

I miss the adrenaline waiting for primary results.
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    —Charles Mackay

"god i fucking wanna rip his balls off and offer them to the gods"
    -Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Do you by chance have a picture of the actual Constitution ad? I was stupid and didn't get a copy of the paper, even though I was pretty dang involved in creating the ad. I'd like to see it again.

EDIT: Found it.

Is This the one that you and Max created about the founding fathers tried to warn us. I stuck those flyers every where and never saved a one. Darn It.

After months of going around answering critics of Ron Paul who harped on his age with the statement that, 'Ron Paul can out-debate you and can out-bicycle you', and after years of complaints that Ron Paul wasn't leaning on or learning from the grass roots nearly enough, came this moment in the debates:

That was a great moment. There should have been more of them.

There sure were a lot of Republican debates in 2011. I fear the establishment won't make that mistake again. I don't know what they thought they'd gain from all those debates. But thanks to our man and the people behind him, we gained a lot more than they did.

I just wish this vid included the footage of the look on Gingrich's face when he backpedalled away from that challenge. He looked like he firmly believed twenty-five miles on a bicycle in the Texas summer heat would be a death sentence for him...

Every time a good grassroots idea percolated up I said, ah, so this is what living in a republic would be like. I love it!
    Last edited by acptulsa; 01-13-2013 at 01:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post

I guess you had to be there.
    or here:

"Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by NIU Students for Liberty View Post
    I'm probably one of the few here who misses the debates and cheering Ron on as he took down Santorum countless times:

no, I know I miss that. There were just so many good moments it is hard to think of one. When the delegates were taking names state after state while the crowds exploded at the universities and in the face of cheating our folks were proving themselves time after time after time....
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

^^^ That
    Don't let others get you down. Not naysayers, not pretenders, not appeasers, not opportunists; none of em.

What others do pales beside what YOU do.

Press on! - The r3VOLution continues...

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."

~ C.Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by NIU Students for Liberty View Post

I tuned in to Limbaugh the day after the Iowa debate that was mostly about Iran, and Limbaugh was having a meltdown.

Quote Originally Posted by Agorism View Post
    I tuned in to Limbaugh the day after the Iowa debate that was mostly about Iran, and Limbaugh was having a meltdown.
    Would that be a change from his usual state? I thought that was his draw.

Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    my greatest memory of Ron Paul was when he came to speak at the University of Washington in Seattle. When it was over as i was leaving the University and was getting ready to make my free right turn onto University Avenue, this effin mini van cut me off from my left side to make his right turn,. As i was getting ready to lay on the horn, this dude in the front passenger seat stuck his head out the window and waved at me....yep...Ron Paul. I was stunned. And stayed that way all the way home.
    Cool story Bro...

No seriously, it is a cool story. One I hope I keep in mind on the road.

I have those moments myself. You never know who it will be. Could be just someone like us that needs a honking. On the other hand it could be a nice women or someones kid or something.

sailingaway,

I like your new avatar.

I saw the bigger version of the picture and was able to really see the snake. I didn't see him in it before that.

Being an "official" campaign worker the week before the Iowa caucuses and helping run a caucus location there, and having Ron Paul win at the one I was at. Staying in those tiny, mold-infested YMCA cabins in Boone, lol...what time it was!
    "Power tends to confuse itself with virtue...conferring upon it a special responsibility for other nations—to make them richer and happier and wiser, to remake them, that is, in its own shining image. Power confuses itself with virtue and tends also to take itself for omnipotence. Once imbued with the idea of a mission, a great nation easily assumes that it has the means as well as the duty to do God's work." - William Fulbright

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

The long pole Ron Paul sign guy lol
    (No, I'm not the Starcraft guy)

Accept certain inalienable truths: Prices will rise. Politicians will philander. You, too, will get old.
    And when you do, you'll fantasize that when you were young, prices were reasonable, politicians were noble and children respected their elders.

I loved the Okalahoma Parking Lot Convention. Can you imagine what it was like for pizza to be delivered to them and for them to know "We are with you, live"

But the most strengthening moment was the Texas State Convention speech that Ron gave. After all the seeming backstabbing, bad news, jumping ship, "he's quit", etc... Ron gave an excelent, and somewhat rebellious, speech that showed that he was still in it and drove us on to the RNC.

Quote Originally Posted by Meatwasp View Post
    Is This the one that you and Max created about the founding fathers tried to warn us. I stuck those flyers every where and never saved a one. Darn It.
    No. The above was the full page ad that Lord Xar ran in the Iowa newspaper.

Max's Founding Father "deal", or should I say sorry bait-and-switch, was the precursor to that wonderful ad that the forum worked on and Larry later ran in the paper.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    I just wish this vid included the footage of the look on Gingrich's face when he backpedalled away from that challenge. He looked like he firmly believed twenty-five miles on a bicycle in the Texas summer heat would be a death sentence for him...

Every time a good grassroots idea percolated up I said, ah, so this is what living in a republic would be like. I love it!
    Gingrich wouldn't have even made the first mile. lol
    ================

Supporting Member
    Missouri

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tasteless View Post

The long pole Ron Paul sign guy lol
    YES!! I was there, and it was there that I witnessed a FOX producer threaten to fire his cameraman for getting RP people in the camera shots.