Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: please check out www.ruger.com

please check out www.ruger.com

At 0700 this morning we only had 2651 people that used their very very easy letter system.....now they are cooking at over 15 people a second!! sending letters to everyone of their members of Govt. No other gun company is doing this. Ruger is trying, they are in the fight, and I will back them.

They set up the letter and the process, very very easy, let it be said that we did nothing......

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

ckeck out www.ruger.com

At 0700 this morning we only had 2651 people that used their very very easy letter system.....now they are cooking at over 15 people a second!! sending letters to everyone of their members of Govt. No other gun company is doing this. Ruger is trying, they are in the fight, and I will back them.

They set up the letter and the process, very very easy, let it be said that we did nothing......

Hello Mr/Mrs Ruger PR person.

To be clear, don't care if you are or aren't, I support the effort for sure.

Welcome to the forums. Come back and read your ass off. Great stuff here.
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    —Charles Mackay

"god i fucking wanna rip his balls off and offer them to the gods"
    -Anonymous

I am a Ron Paul voter and have meet the man....and yes love my guns and liberty. and you all are liberty loving freaks like me.

The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

Done,Plus Rep,Welcome.
    I think you need like 5 posts before you can post a link,so here it is.

http://www.ruger.com/micros/advocacy/

Not supporting the high cap mag ban this time?
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I would recommend setting up an alternate letter, more along the lines of Joshua Boston's.

I for one don't want to send any letters that encourage them to enforce the gun laws already on the books (NFA for example).
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

no they dont.
    Where is your source?

This is not your fathers Ruger company (politicaly)

Here is the link. I proud that this company gave my friends jobs. In fact, if you need a job, move to New Hampshire. Ruger is hiring. http://www.ruger.com/micros/advocacy/

Thank you!

Your message for "Gun Owner Call to Action" was sent on 01/12/2013 20:06 PM to the following recipients: ...President Barack Obama, Vice President Joseph Biden, Sen. Jeanne Shaheen (D-NH), Sen. Kelly Ayotte (R-NH)

Thank you for taking action on this important issue.
    Last edited by Keith and stuff; 01-12-2013 at 07:07 PM.
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

Last edited by presence; 01-12-2013 at 07:45 PM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Here's the email text, if anyone is interested:

Dear (Recipient),I am a law-abiding citizen and responsible gun owner.
    I am saddened by the tragic events in Newtown, Connecticut, but I believe that efforts to impose new restrictions on me and other lawful and responsible owners like me are misguided. Did you know that violent crime with firearms has declined since the Federal "assault weapons ban" expired in 2004?
    Your focus should be on strengthening mental health care and improving the quality of data supporting NICs checks (National Instant Criminal Background Check System). Do NOT pass more gun laws; instead, work to enforce the more than 20,000 gun laws already on the books.
    I am your constituent and I vote. Please represent me.
    Sincerely,

(Your Contact Information)

Your focus should be on strengthening mental health care and improving the quality of data supporting NICs checks (National Instant Criminal Background Check System).
    WTF?
    Wrong.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by 30-30 View Post

Remember this when you hear people screech that corporations are not people and therefore should not have the right to political speech, please.

As it stands now, Ruger can buy ads supporting candidates, or opposing candidates, or making their point on political issues, like, say, gun control. That's something that the government, the liberals, and even some of the louder libertarians would like stopped.

If they got their way, in this instance, for example, Ruger would be forced to stand quietly by and watch government dismantle their livelihoods along with our rights.

What I'd like to see is the right wing start driving sponsors off Piers Morgan's show, like the left did with Glenn Beck.

Quote Originally Posted by sluggo View Post
    Here's the email text, if anyone is interested:
    What? We dont need the federal government to tell us we're all crazy, and we definitely don't need them doing background checks to find out they told us we were crazy, either.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    There are three ways an elected official can move on an issue,the right way,stand still,or the wrong way.
    They are getting a lot of pressure on #3,this is at worst a #2.
    This link painlessly sent that letter to all of my State and Federal level elected officials for <2minutes of my time invested,and I'm a slow typer.
    It certainly did no harm.

I had an old Ruger revolver once , nice weapon and one of those whatyamacallum -14's.

?

no they dont.
    Where is your source?
    My source for what? The FACT that Ruger openly advocated a high cap magazine ban last time around? Don't try to dispute that or you will lose all credibility.

Bill Ruger sold out his countrymen and the Constitution for profit. I'm glad his company is not doing it again. Gun owners have a long memory.

I've purchased 3 Ruger firearms in the past couple years and have loved them all. They make a solid product, and I'm glad to see they are joining the good side of this gun control debate. I wish they would allow me to edit the letter, however, as I think a flood of unique letters from constituents is more impressive than a bunch of identical computer generated letters.

Last edited by Noob; 01-13-2013 at 08:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Acala View Post
    My source for what? The FACT that Ruger openly advocated a high cap magazine ban last time around? Don't try to dispute that or you will lose all credibility.

Bill Ruger sold out his countrymen and the Constitution for profit. I'm glad his company is not doing it again. Gun owners have a long memory.
    thanks for the 20 year old news. Now off your piss rock and help

thanks for the 20 year old news. Now off your piss rock and help
    We have long memories, which enables us to avoid getting duped as much as the general constituency does. Having said that, we're all on the same side of this issue only if the mental health database doesn't enter the discourse. Can we just get along?

Right and your preaching to the choir........but if it was not for people and there ability to change, Ron Paul would have gotten no where versus attitudes about him 20-25 years ago. What does punishing Ruger right now do for you??

All I am saying is that he whats to have a lifelong punushment of Ruger then he can go in the corner and do that. Not sure what he gains by that....The Racheal Madows of the world could give a $#@! about this inner struggle he is having, they are going to push push and fight all the way

For me, I will move forward.....
    Last edited by 30-30; 01-13-2013 at 11:36 AM.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Right and your preaching to the choir........but if it was not for people and there ability to change, Ron Paul would have gotten no where versus attitudes about him 20-25 years ago. What does punishing Ruger right now do for you??

All I am saying is that he whats to have a lifelong punushment of Ruger then he can go in the corner and do that. Not sure what he gains by that....The Racheal Madows of the world could give a $#@! about this inner struggle he is having, they are going to push push and fight all the way

For me, I will move forward.....
    Bill Ruger committed a shameful, cowardly act for which he should ALWAYS be remembered. I was fighting for liberty and he gave support and comfort to the enemy. I will never forget. Never forgetting such a despicable act IS part of the battle today. It is part of going forward. Politicians, entertainers, and industrialists need to know that if they cave now, we will never forget.

I am happy that the company that bears his shameful name is fighting on the right side. That's good. But I'm not going to get all giddy about it. They have some catching up to do to break even in my book. And the name of Ruger will ALWAYS be tarnished. That is the just "punushment" for traitors.

K......are you done?

Like I said, go in the corner and wait till they "break even" in your mind.

meanwhile the fight continues
    Last edited by 30-30; 01-13-2013 at 12:26 PM.

K......are you done?

Like I said, go in the corner and wait till they "break even" in your mind.

meanwhile the fight continues
    You say Ruger, I say traitor. Forever. Get used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Acala View Post
    You say Ruger, I say traitor. Forever. Get used to it.
    I say ignore what causes you don't want to support.

For me, I send letters, unique ones to people that I feel that it actually makes a difference. And no, I wont put personal information and the fact that I own weapons and send it to that monkey in the WH. Nothing good comes of it. And no, I don't want to support the 20k gun laws that exist already.

Nope not at all, nor do I want govt to keep $#@!ing up health care. Nope
    No - No - No - No

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Thanks for sharing. Action taken. It probably won't help, but it won't stop me.
    Last edited by Cleaner44; 01-13-2013 at 01:49 PM.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast