Thread: MIGOP State Convention Feb 22-23 Fri-Sat

MIGOP State Convention Feb 22-23 Fri-Sat

At the Lansing Center in Lansing, MI. Agenda items will be to elect State Convention Chair, Co-Chair, Vice Chairs (Coalitions, Outreach, Grassroots, Ethnic, Administrative & Youth). Additionally, the District Caucuses will meet to elect their State Committee Members and Executive Committee.

Likely, most County Conventions will be held on Thursday, Feb 7th @ 7:30p as that is when we're doing ours in Wayne Co 12th. Registration begins at 6p, from 6:30 until the Convention commences will be an opportunity for Delegates to hear from all those interested in serving as an Officer of the said District (Chair, Vice-Chair, Secretary & Treasurer) or as a District Representative to the Michigan Republican State Committee, the elections for which will be held at the State Convention. 74 Delegates and 74 Alternates will be picked once the County Convention is underway. Each city/township will caucus amongst themselves to pick their allotment for State and those areas w/o sitting Delegates will be assigned them usually by picking names out of a hat. Even if someone is not a Precinct Delegate be sure to attend the CC as you will most likely get an Alternate spot to state and potentially even Delegate status. Of course, I'm hoping ALL of our sitting and new delegates show up as this next State Convention is crucial to determining who runs the show going forward.

The State Convention back in June of last summer is when establishment derelict Saul Anuzis got stomped by current National Committeeman Dave Agema (by 2:1 margin) who is a liberty republican for the Committeeman position which is an automatic Nat'l Delegate. And, that is before any of the new Delegates became involved via the recent party primary elections. So, if coalition building against the establishment is effective, we could see a conservative revival into the higher levels of the state party. So, we need all hands on deck and especially the northern districts that are saturated with Paul delegates.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    We have a full liberty slate in Muskegon that will be sent.

Quote Originally Posted by UtahApocalypse View Post
    We have a full liberty slate in Muskegon that will be sent.
    I've heard, you guys are kicking ass! Can't wait to join forces.

I really want to go to this one. I hear Todd Courser is trying to get the signatures to run for state Chair. Unfortunately I have class on the night of the CC.

please understand that state rules indicate that you do NOT have to be present at the county conventions to capture a state delegate slot. You do, however, have to contact your local gop and let them know of your interest in going to the state convention.

Quote Originally Posted by flower View Post
    please understand that state rules indicate that you do NOT have to be present at the county conventions to capture a state delegate slot. You do, however, have to contact your local gop and let them know of your interest in going to the state convention.
    True but you'll be on backburner status and that's if your county rules com allows this and doesn't institute rules against this. In recent times, the establishment was all for this sort of thing as they could sign up their buddies and box out liberty delegates so we've typically been against this. Things have died down as we're not in a Prez election year so idk what will happen. In any event, those that attend get first crack at delegate and subsequently alternate status. Plus, attending allows you to see what your local area has allotted for delegates and if only 2 PDs show up for an area that allows 4, both go and the remainders are filled from those in attendance first. Plus, if you were only able to get an alternate status you'd clearly want a low number (for instance under 20 imo) in hopes of being elevated at state. If the rules you site are allowed to stand and this varies from district to district, the non-attendees are pretty much assured high alt numbers and most likely won't have any chance at elevation during state. All alts get to do is sit in the far back area of the convention floor, many having no hopes of becoming a delegate and being jealous as delegates go to and from.

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    I really want to go to this one. I hear Todd Courser is trying to get the signatures to run for state Chair. Unfortunately I have class on the night of the CC.
    In light of my other post, depending on how much you value your potential status as a state delegate that gets to vote on state and local party leadership, you may consider that skipping one class or making arrangements to is less important in the overall scheme of things. I had no qualms about skipping college classes for far less reasons and I graduated w/ a good gpa just the same.