Thread: Eric Holder: Gun Owners Should ‘Cower’ in Shame Like Smokers

Eric Holder: Gun Owners Should ‘Cower’ in Shame Like Smokers

http://visiontoamerica.com/13610/eri...-like-smokers/

The hot new video at MRCTV.org is 1995 footage of Attorney General Eric Holder, when he was the U.S. Attorney for the District of Columbia. In his remarks before the Woman’s National Democratic Club, broadcast by CSPAN 2, Holder said people should be ashamed to own guns, just the way that cigarette smokes now “cower outside of buildings” to smoke.

“What we need to do is change the way in which people think about guns, especially young people, and make it something that’s not cool, that it’s not acceptable, it’s not hip to carry a gun anymore, in the way in which we’ve changed our attitudes about cigarettes. You know, when I was growing up, people smoked all the time. Both my parents did. But over time, we changed the way that people thought about smoking, so now we have people who cower outside of buildings and kind of smoke in private and don’t want to admit it.” Laughter followed.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    NO people smoke outside because of the $#@!ING laws against smoking inside.
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    —Charles Mackay

"god i fucking wanna rip his balls off and offer them to the gods"
    -Anonymous

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by kathy88 View Post
    NO people smoke outside because of the $#@!ING laws against smoking inside.
    But see, this is a crystal clear look at how they make these changes in society. "what we need to do is change the way in which people think about guns, particularly young people, and make it something that's not cool". So they target the children, and once a large part of that generation is seeing guns as 'uncool' then it's not such a punch in the gut to take away freedoms that were taken for granted just a generation prior.

IF that were really all there was to it, I'd agree.

You don't need laws to tell you not to smoke. You need evidence out there, available (which came out and was available) and you need free market solutions to help people quit if they want. Then you need venues to have the freedom to decide how much smoking will go on in their establishments. Then you do want societal pressure, but that should happen naturally to some extent once the information about smoking comes out. Mind you, in this fantasy land scenario, you would also know that it's really the prefab brand cigarettes that have the potential to do great harm, and that there are other things you can smoke which may harm you far less.

But that's not how it works.
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

Says the cartels best friend.
    "Corruptisima republica plurimae leges."

---- Tacitus

I love von Mises and Emma Watson

smokers are shameless though

Quote Originally Posted by Tpoints View Post
    smokers are shameless though
    How so?
    EX-USCG

What is the difference between a hero and a cop? A hero will not hesitate to risk his life to protect your safety, a cop will not hesitate to risk your life to protect his safety.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Authoritarian leftists. Political prisoners. Gulags. Where are we again?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by coastie View Post
    How so?
    I've never met a smoker who is ashamed of what they do, but I'm sure there's some.

I've never met a smoker who is ashamed of what they do, but I'm sure there's some.
    Why should they be ashamed of "what they do"?
    EX-USCG

What is the difference between a hero and a cop? A hero will not hesitate to risk his life to protect your safety, a cop will not hesitate to risk your life to protect his safety.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Authoritarian leftists. Political prisoners. Gulags. Where are we again?

I've never met a smoker who is ashamed of what they do
    I do not smoke or drink, but I don't believe people that do are obligated to be "ashamed" of it.

I can smoke while I shoot.I just roll it over to the left corner of my mouth.I am shameless and talented .

I smoked for 20 years. I was never ashamed.

Now that I no longer smoke, I can't believe I allowed myself to become addicted to a substance. I've never been addicted to shooting guns, but I sure as hell am addicted to having the ability and means to protect myself and my family. And he thinks I should be ashamed of that?! I couldn't be more proud!

I hope everyone here realizes what this is about, though. Look how smokers are treated. Any time a politician wants more money, smokers are an easy target. I suspect our AG would like gun-owners to be similar targets. All they have to do is make them a small enough minority, and then the majority can do whatever the hell they want to do to them. Kinda ironic for a man that is so proud of civil rights and all...
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

I suppose lighting my cig with the smoking hot barrel of a just-fired firearm won't meet Mr. Holder's approval?

Screw that, I'll open carry If more people stand up and do what's right, others will follow. In my state, we have a License to Carry Handgun. We can carry concealed or open. More and more people were open carrying for awhile in my state.
    Indianensis Universitatis Alumnus

"what we need to do is change the way in which people think about statism, particularly young people, and make it something that's not cool".

winning! (I hope)
    "The journalist is one who separates the wheat from the chaff, and then prints the chaff." - Adlai Stevenson

“I tell you that virtue does not come from money: but from virtue comes money and all other good things to man, both to the individual and to the state.” - Socrates

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Those who started very early, then realized that it might affect those around them, but still did not stop.

My mom is ashamed that she smokes when her grandkids see her, or when we have to make a special trip to buy cigs, or when she is reminded of how much money cigs are costing her. I also ask her politely not to light up in the car with me, which I guess makes her feel ashamed even though I've explaind repeatedly it's just a request.
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulFanInGA View Post
    I do not smoke or drink, but I don't believe people that do are obligated to be "ashamed" of it.
    I didn't say you had to be anything, I just say they don't. Saying you can't fly doesn't mean I think you're obligated to fly.

who said they should?

That coming from the man who armed all the entire Mexican drug cartels with AK47's and is personally responsible for each and every of the thousands of deaths his own "supplied" arms have caused in the Mexican drug wars?

Oh Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee .. What a joke that man is.

Explicit Lyric warning:

Last edited by nobody's_hero; 01-12-2013 at 04:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Yeah lets get all the anti-gunners to put nice visible from the street 'GUN FREE HOME' signs on their front door. I personally Promise I will not embarass any of my signed neighbors by using my weapons to defend them from the criminal class.

Just my opinion, but Eric Holder should 'Cower' in Shame like a bought and paid for Politician with a Bankster Agenda that got busted.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

smoking and guns aren't the same thing. A gun isn't giving off a toxic cloud of smoke that can destroy my health.
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrior_of_Freedom View Post
    smoking and guns aren't the same thing. A gun isn't giving off a toxic cloud of smoke that can destroy my health.
    Yeah, and nothing can kill you unless it can destroy your health.

Eh..what?

"Truth will win in the end. We just don't know when the end is. So we have to persevere." ― Carol Paul