Thread: senator jay rockefeller decides not to run in 2014

senator jay rockefeller decides not to run in 2014

we need to find and field a LIBERTY candidate a.s.a.p!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I'd honestly let the establishment GOP take this seat with Moore Capito and put our efforts in more fertile ground like Alaska, New, Mexico, Colorado, and Montana.

Rats and sinking ships come to mind...
    "The journalist is one who separates the wheat from the chaff, and then prints the chaff." - Adlai Stevenson

“I tell you that virtue does not come from money: but from virtue comes money and all other good things to man, both to the individual and to the state.” - Socrates

the 2014 contest for the W.Va senate seat he is currently grandly sitting in went totally wide open!!!

i still feel that if someone starts running now they may build up quite a name recognition by late 2013.

Always run for an open seat. Facing incumbents to much harder. If the field is big then funding can be scarce for each candidate. The liberty movement has grassroots money and a handful of PACs.

http://www.dailymail.com/News/201204240267

Older article but...
    Gov. Earl Ray Tomblin won last fall's special gubernatorial election by a narrow margin, beating Republican Bill Maloney by just 7,546 votes.

Democrats are, in fact, losing voters because of local policies that have left the state faring poorly and because of national Democratic Party policies that hurt the state's coal industry.

The state has gone for the Republican presidential candidate in the last three elections and is likely to do so again; but Democrats hold 10 of the 11 statewide public offices - the lone statewide Republican is a Supreme Court justice.
    Mitt Romney won WV with 62% of the vote. Rockefeller won WV with about the same percent in the last two elections. Registered Republicans in the state continue to increase while the Democrats lose party members. The numbers may be small but there is movement towards Republicans in WV. Get a strong liberty candidate to run and make a strong stance for coal and you could have yourself a new liberty senator from West Virginia.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    may every candidate in every primary for that seat be a small gov't candidate competing for how small they can make it.
    The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws

FOR SUM REASON I THOUGHT OF THIS

There is a paper/webnews site that endorsed Ron there... the daily bell? something. They'd know. We have delegates here from there as well.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by jkr View Post
    FOR SUM REASON I THOUGHT OF THIS

I wish he was still with us.

I recall, many moon ago, of attempting to hand Sen. Rockefeller a petition.
    He would not touch it, pulled his hands back, but ask me to give it to the female at his side.