Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How Does Your Paycheck Look?

Default How Does Your Paycheck Look?

Today is Friday, a lot of people are getting their first paycheck of 2013.

My taxes actually went down by a couple bucks maybe (completely negligible) except for Social Security, which went up about 33% bringing my paycheck amount down significantly. So much for my 'cost of living' raise for the last year or two. Wiped out.

Anybody else?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

same
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

I will know on 1/18, I have purposely not ran it on a calculator ( not sure I need the aggravation ), my last one was $30 short , but that was only four days worth of the Social Sec rate , next one will be the full two weeks.

My pacheck was violated again. 2 percent lower than before the first of the year. 11% adjusting for real inflation.
    Don't drone me, bro!

Ron Paul
    R[∃vo˩]ution 2017

Quote Originally Posted by brushfire View Post
    My pacheck was violated again. 2 percent lower than before the first of the year. 11% adjusting for real inflation.
    I like how you gave the inflation number.

And remember:

The new Medicare payroll is different. It will be imposed on the combined earnings of a married couple.

Employers are required to withhold Social Security and Medicare payroll taxes from wages paid to employees. But employers do not necessarily know how much a worker’s spouse earns and may not withhold enough to cover a couple’s Medicare tax liability. Indeed, the new rules say employers may disregard a spouse’s earnings in calculating how much to withhold.

Workers may thus owe more than the amounts withheld by their employers and may have to make up the difference when they file tax returns in April 2014
    . If they expect to owe additional tax, the government says, they should make estimated tax payments, starting in April 2013, or ask their employers to increase the amount withheld from each paycheck.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Today is Friday, a lot of people are getting their first paycheck of 2013.

My taxes actually went down by a couple bucks maybe (completely negligible) except for Social Security, which went up about 33% bringing my paycheck amount down significantly. So much for my 'cost of living' raise for the last year or two. Wiped out.

Anybody else?
    Have you decided what you are going to cut back on Danno ?

According to my records , I spent about $8 a day last yr on metals.Probably stop this yr , go with $4 a day on Ammo & Spam instead .

I WILL CUT BACK ON COMPLIANCE

I saw it last week. Lost 2% plus a small increase in local tax too
    Insanity should be defined as trusting the government to solve a problem they caused in the first place. Please do not go insane!

Hard for me to to guesstimate. I get paid every 2 wks. Had 2 holidays @ double time and 1/2 on it. (xmas 2012, New yrs. 2013) 6 days were still 2012 rate and 4 days 2013 plus a raise for the 2013 days so who the hell knows. I'll wait until I get my next check of a straight 80 hrs. and compare it then.
    “But let it not be said that we did nothing. Let not those who love the power of the welfare/warfare state label the dissenters of authoritarianism as unpatriotic or uncaring. Patriotism is more closely linked to dissent than it is to conformity and a blind desire for safety and security. Understanding the magnificent rewards of a free society makes us unbashful in its promotion, fully realizing that maximum wealth is created and the greatest chance for peace comes from a society respectful of individual liberty.”

― Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by jkr View Post
    I WILL CUT BACK ON COMPLIANCE
    Thought that went without saying .

Paychecks for most people coming in next week.

We need to be ready to explain to the confused liberals on twitter what happened and why on average their paycheck will be $80-100 down.

13% increase in my overall taxes. They went up in all categories.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

We got a 1.2% raise across the board, and I got a 100 dollar raise on top of that...However, due to the taxes and the SS tax going back to 6% I make the roughly exactly what I did before.
    "I know the urge to arm yourself, because that’s what I did. I was trained in firearms. When I walked to the hospital when my husband was sick, I carried a concealed weapon. I made the determination that if somebody was going to try to take me out I was going to take them with me."

Diane Feinstein, 1995

If my math's right (going off the top of my head) it's overall down about 1/3 an oz. of gold a year.

Mine's down ~$50/week
    In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the militaryindustrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist. ~Dwight D. Eisenhower

Do insurance premium increases count?

No change in taxes. Still 0.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Have you decided what you are going to cut back on Danno ?

Growin more weed instead
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Mine was reduced as well but my paycheck varies on how much i make in tips. I'll have to compared how much i claimed in tips last paycheck to this years one.
    Once more into the fray...
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
    Live and die on this day...
    Live and die on this day...

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamShrugged View Post
    Mine was reduced as well but my paycheck varies on how much i make in tips. I'll have to compared how much i claimed in tips last paycheck to this years one.
    Same here, though my check was than expected after 60+ hours for the pay period.

Mine was literally enough to cover the gas to drive to work. Only job I could find is 25 miles away from the house, 12 hours per week. $#@! my life, for real.

Can we pretty please have this collapse soon so we're all in the same boat. Please?
    EX-USCG

What is the difference between a hero and a cop? A hero will not hesitate to risk his life to protect your safety, a cop will not hesitate to risk your life to protect his safety.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Authoritarian leftists. Political prisoners. Gulags. Where are we again?

I quit my job
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior_of_Freedom View Post
    I quit my job
    I'm fixing to. Seems I'm only working just to drag my ass out there.
    EX-USCG

What is the difference between a hero and a cop? A hero will not hesitate to risk his life to protect your safety, a cop will not hesitate to risk your life to protect his safety.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Authoritarian leftists. Political prisoners. Gulags. Where are we again?

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamShrugged View Post
    Friggin Jay Leno here!!! Maybe times have changed but I "didn't make much" in tips ever!!

Mine only went down like 12 dollars.

So thankful texas doesn't have state income tax.

Quote Originally Posted by coastie View Post
    I'm fixing to. Seems I'm only working just to drag my ass out there.
    Na you have to get laid off so you can get 2-3 years worth of unemployment. Plus food stamps, section 8, utilities, cell phone, etc.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast