Thread: Why Larry Pratt got his second CNN interview in < 1 month....

Why Larry Pratt got his second CNN interview in < 1 month....

Come on Alex Jones haters. You can admit it. CNN brought Larry Pratt back on thanks to the Alex Jones rant. Now some believe Alex Jones was brought on to discredit gun owners. So why was Larry Pratt brought back on? Jones isn't perfect. Hell he might even be controlled opposition. (Yeah I've seen the Austin gun rally video at least a hundred times). But the "his interview was good for the establishment and bad for liberty and gun owners" argument doesn't hold water when considering Pratt was brought back on. If you are really winning the argument, you don't give the other side a bite at the apple if you can help it. And the second time Pratt cleaned Morgan's clock.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    To be fair, the AJ supporters don't, unless provoked, start threads denigrating non-AJ supporters.
    Oh really now?

I'll admit that Jones' rant wasn't as bad for our cause as I figured it would be. Seems quite a few people really liked it. That being said I still would much rather a composed, rational (for lack of a better word) person conduct these interviews as I generally send these videos to quite a few people. A lot of people I know would have been turned off almost instantly by Jones so I didn't even bother. Pratt's interview was just what I needed. I also like this video (for those trying to persuade friends and family)

Different strokes for different folks.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Oh really now?
    How is anyone denigrated by this thread? I even went so far as to criticize Alex Jones in the OP. But saying CNN brought Jones on just to make gun owners look bad, while ignoring the fact that CNN brought Pratt back on after Jones makes no sense. People can dislike or hate AJ all they want. It's the poor analysis of what's happened that bothers me. Alex Jones acting like a buffoon at the Austin pro gun rally hurt the cause. Alex verbally going upside Piers Morgan's head in response to Morgan's vicious and unprovoked attack on Larry Pratt is helpful. Round 2 with Alex Jones softened Morgan up for Round 3 with Pratt.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    How is anyone denigrated by this thread? I even went so far as to criticize Alex Jones in the OP. But saying CNN brought Jones on just to make gun owners look bad, while ignoring the fact that CNN brought Pratt back on after Jones makes no sense. People can dislike or hate AJ all they want. It's the poor analysis of what's happened that bothers me. Alex Jones acting like a buffoon at the Austin pro gun rally hurt the cause. Alex verbally going upside Piers Morgan's head in response to Morgan's vicious and unprovoked attack on Larry Pratt is helpful. Round 2 with Alex Jones softened Morgan up for Round 3 with Pratt.
    jmdrake, you know very well that your OP was worded specifically to provoke a negative response, starting with your very first sentence. I even opted not to quote it for a reason. I happened to like both interviews and agree as to why pratt got a 2nd interview was because of jones interview.

Yes. That video is good. And Pratt's second interview was stupendous. My point is that I don't think Pratt would have gotten the second interview, at least not as quickly, without Alex Jones riding roughshod over Morgan. Morgan was taken out of his game. He didn't get a chance to get any of his "points" out. And people like Morgan have an ego as big as Alex Jones' which is as big as Texas. There was no way Piers Morgan was going to let what happened with Jones slide without a chance to beat up on somebody and he thought he could do it again to Pratt. He thought wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    I'll admit that Jones' rant wasn't as bad for our cause as I figured it would be. Seems quite a few people really liked it. That being said I still would much rather a composed, rational (for lack of a better word) person conduct these interviews as I generally send these videos to quite a few people. A lot of people I know would have been turned off almost instantly by Jones so I didn't even bother. Pratt's interview was just what I needed. I also like this video (for those trying to persuade friends and family)

Different strokes for different folks.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    jmdrake, you know very well that your OP was worded specifically to provoke a negative response, starting with your very first sentence. I even opted not to quote it for a reason. I happened to like both interviews and agree as to why pratt got a 2nd interview was because of jones interview.
    Ehh....maybe. You think so and you are entitled to your opinion. I see this as a "shoe fits" kind of thing. Yes there are people who simply are non "AJ supporters" and there are those who viciously hate the man.

Thought he could do it again to Pratt? Pratt reduced him to saying "shut up, you're stupid" the first time. I think he had him back on because he got destroyed so badly the first time that he had to get another shot at that interview.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Yes. That video is good. And Pratt's second interview was stupendous. My point is that I don't think Pratt would have gotten the second interview, at least not as quickly, without Alex Jones riding roughshod over Morgan. Morgan was taken out of his game. He didn't get a chance to get any of his "points" out. And people like Morgan have an ego as big as Alex Jones' which is as big as Texas. There was no way Piers Morgan was going to let what happened with Jones slide without a chance to beat up on somebody and he thought he could do it again to Pratt. He thought wrong.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocco View Post
    Thought he could do it again to Pratt? Pratt reduced him to saying "shut up, you're stupid" the first time. I think he had him back on because he got destroyed so badly the first time that he had to get another shot at that interview.
    Intellectually Morgan got destroyed. But someone like that is more about bullying than intellect. IMO he was hoping to bully Pratt and talk over him like he did the first time. Anyhow, things aren't turning out for Morgan the way he hoped. I hope he enjoys late night television cause he's through being on primetime.