Thread: Glenn Beck...

Glenn Beck...

Mods, could we please get an entire "Media" sub forum? My suggestion is "Media General" and then as a sub "Media Spin." What can we do to possibly get that ball rolling?

Anyway, what is this nonsense that Alex Jones was saying, starting at 17:25 in his interview with Ron Paul, that Glenn Beck has come out and stated that he is the new leader of the libertarian movement?

I'm giving this guy more credit than he deserves by creating a thread about this, but, I feel it to be worrisome and worth discussing, as this guy has something around 2 million loyal listeners.

I will do everything in my power to discredit Glenn Beck if he really starts engaging in such matters. I'm all for advancing the libertarian ideology, but, not this way. Not by a crazy, hypocritical drunk. Remember that this is the guy who continuously called himself "semi-libertarian" during the primaries while he destroyed Ron Paul's name, while his co-hosts mocked libertarianism. Remember, this is the guy that endorsed Santorum during the primaries, and eventually endorsed Romney.
    I remember tuning in one day before November 6th and he was calling out everyone who was stating there was no difference between Romney and Obama. I specifically remember him saying "there are huge differences between Mitt Romney and Barack Obama." His entire rant was directly aimed at libertarians.

We need to be careful with what this guy does, he's a snake in the grass.

*Edit, I want to add this:

And please take note, everyone, we all, including myself, are not opposed to Beck advertising libertarianism, Rand Paul (to an extent, I'm still not high on ol' Rand just yet), and/or what Ron Paul has done to this movement.

I and others are just trying to warn everyone that Beck is NOT genuine, and that we should make him do everything for FREE considering how we were treated by him, and what he said about Ron Paul during the primaries. Just take caution and never trust him. But the advertising for us as a movement, and/or Rand for some of us, fine. Just don't bite that bait.
    Last edited by Okie RP fan; 02-24-2013 at 10:50 PM.
    Welcome to the R3VOLUTION!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Hopefully the LIBERTARIAN PARTY will grow some balls and call him out on his BS. They're not doing anything else.
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    —Charles Mackay

"god i fucking wanna rip his balls off and offer them to the gods"
    -Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by kathy88 View Post
    Hopefully the LIBERTARIAN PARTY will grow some balls and call him out on his BS. They're not doing anything else.
    They will probably embrace him and make him an honorary member.

I seriously believe this is troubling. Did you see the thread in the RP grassroots forum that says he's creating a libertarian leaning network?
    Last edited by Okie RP fan; 01-10-2013 at 03:03 PM.

Ron Paul grassroots has a media spin subforum. Down line we may need another, but for this that seems to fit the bill.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    Ron Paul grassroots has a media spin subforum. Down line we may need another, but for this that seems to fit the bill.
    Ok. But, I do think at some point it'd be better for us to have a general media forum. Especially with as many talk shows, both over the Internet and radio, that "our" people are creating. Thanks for responding.
    Last edited by Okie RP fan; 01-10-2013 at 03:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Okie RP fan View Post

I seriously believe this is troubling. Did you see the thread in the RP grassroots forum that says he's creating a libertarian leaning network?
    I did. I threw up in my mouth a little, then I had a panic attack.
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    —Charles Mackay

"god i fucking wanna rip his balls off and offer them to the gods"
    -Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by kathy88 View Post
    I did. I threw up in my mouth a little, then I had a panic attack.
    we need one of our guys who is good at videos to put together a 'Glenn Beck coopts and castrates the tea party' montage of how Beck did that after we started it, then it started to catch on with a larger, less ideologically based group. It could probably be done pretty well, showing how he went from seeming a straight up guy, to turning the tea party into an object of ridicule. OK I may be biased, but that is my honest opinion of what he did. Not single handedly, the MSM generally was happy to help, but he was the guy who got people's trust and did it.

Such a video may not be persuasive to the quasi tea party-evangelicals he still has, but it might be a warning for those he doesn't have, yet.

what do you guys think?
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

They nominated Bob Barr, so there's really no telling ...
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    we need one of our guys who is good at videos to put together a 'Glenn Beck coopts and castrates the tea party' montage of how Beck did that after we started it, then it started to catch on with a larger, less ideologically based group. It could probably be done pretty well, showing how he went from seeming a straight up guy, to turning the tea party into an object of ridicule. OK I may be biased, but that is my honest opinion of what he did. Not single handedly, the MSM generally was happy to help, but he was the guy who got people's trust and did it.

Such a video may not be persuasive to the quasi tea party-evangelicals he still has, but it might be a warning for those he doesn't have, yet.

what do you guys think?
    We need to do something.

Surely someone out there has recorded or has archived all of the insults Beck and his cronies said about Ron Paul and ourselves. Some of it was down right hateful.

We need to do something.

Surely someone out there has recorded or has archived all of the insults Beck and his cronies said about Ron Paul and ourselves. Some of it was down right hateful.
    I think a progression showing how he first sucks people in is important. Only then does he build credibility for the insults which follow. NOW is when people need to be on guard.

I think a progression showing how he first sucks people in is important. Only then does he build credibility for the insults which follow. NOW is when people need to be on guard.
    I wholly agree. Where and how to start?

Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

I wholly agree. Where and how to start?
    If we searched this forum we might be able to find when he was making pitches to us in 2008-2010...and contrast them with later behavior....

God damn it! I'm the leader of the Libertarian movement and he knows it!!!
    Terminus tela viaticus!

If we searched this forum we might be able to find when he was making pitches to us in 2008-2010...and contrast them with later behavior....
    Ask LibertyEagle, he/she was Glenn Beck's biggest fan on here.

There was a good post here last week about how Glenn uses judo moves, how he uses the momentum of a movement to bring it down. But where to find examples? Are there archives of his radio or tv shows? He doesn't just turn and support bad candidates at crucial times, he also subtly discourages political activism by making boogey men out of Soros types and by proposing his own alternative activism. The problem is that he tells lies big enough so that anyone who questions them is automatically discredited because it seems farfetched. The direct approach might not work. Maybe humor is the only way to get through to people, i.e. making cartoons like the one that bunkloempire posted that illustrates his judo moves. Fight subtlety with subtlety.
    Last edited by dinosaur; 01-17-2013 at 10:08 PM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Not by a crazy, hypocritical drunk.
    He's giving drunks a bad name.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by dinosaur View Post
    There was a good post here last week about how Glenn uses judo moves, how he uses the momentum of a movement to bring it down. But where to find examples? Are there archives of his radio or tv shows? He doesn't just turn and support bad candidates at crucial times, he also subtly discourages political activism by making boogey men out of Soros types and by proposing his own alternative activism. The problem is that he tells lies big enough so that anyone who questions them is automatically discredited because it seems farfetched. The direct approach might not work. Maybe humor is the only way to get through to people, i.e. making cartoons like the one that bunkloempire posted that illustrates his judo moves. Fight subtlety with subtlety.
    Cartoons using actual things he said would be great...

I don't have time at this moment to begin searching around for Beck's contradictions and rants. But, just to all, keep it in mind and if you ever come across anything, post it here in this thread. As soon as Beck starts making major moves, we need to be on our toes.

Wherever there is a vacuum of opportunity, someone will come in to fill it. We could be that someone, if we wanted to. If not, someone else will do it.

Beck sees an opening and is trying to capitalize on it. Instead of going after him, why don't we start something of our own? Seems to me that it would be a much more effective approach.
    Last edited by LibertyEagle; 01-21-2013 at 10:55 AM.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Ron is going to start something soon, I hope it will be great, and I'm sure he will get lots of support from the libery movement folks. It will take a grand effort to combat the Beck, he has a lot of resources and a good network already started.

"Libertarian Glenn Beck?"

h t tp://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/02/22/why-is-libertarian-glenn-beck-using-nazis-fascist-to-describe-some-other-libertarians/

And, yes, I know I am giving him more credit than he deserves by promoting that link, but, this guy is just a filthy dog. I really wish I could have recorded all of the times I heard him thrash and bash Ron Paul and Libertarians, and then sparingly throw us a bone over one issue, or say he was "semi-libertarian." The guy has had this take over of the libertarian movement planned for a long time, it's obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Wherever there is a vacuum of opportunity, someone will come in to fill it. We could be that someone, if we wanted to. If not, someone else will do it.

Beck sees an opening and is trying to capitalize on it. Instead of going after him, why don't we start something of our own? Seems to me that it would be a much more effective approach.
    I wouldn't worry with it. What we have here are a few geopolitical fellers testing some "alternative" waters among themselves. If anything Glenn is fudging with their noggins. Let everybody have their fun with all of these scribbles popping up all over the board if it makes them feel good about their libertarianism. The little squabble doesn't really pertain to them directly anyhow and will pass soon enough.

Not that you don't have a point but it's a point for another day is all. Of course, the bulk of the discussion does support Glenn's theory about fringe libertarians which is initself a bonus of sorts. Just my opinion.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 02-24-2013 at 06:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Carehn View Post
    God damn it! I'm the leader of the Libertarian movement and he knows it!!!
    Ah, man. Is rare that I get to have a hearty laugh. I mean a real one, mind you. Not one of those lol thingamajiggers I always see.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    All these Glen Beck threads remind me of that movie BEING JOHN MALKOVICH when he goes through the portal into his own head and everyone is saying

"Malkovich Malkovich Malkovich Malkovich Malkovich Malkovich Malkovich Malkovich Malkovich Malkovich"

Glen Beck Glen Beck Glen Beck Glen Beck Glen Beck Glen Beck Glen Beck Glen Beck Glen Beck

Glen Beck = Gross

I propose a Glenn Beck sub-forum to the Rand Paul forum.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    I propose a Glenn Beck sub-forum to the Rand Paul forum.
    We had one called Media Spin. I don't know where it went.
    Last edited by COpatriot; 02-24-2013 at 06:45 PM.
    ...but when the trumpets blew again and the knights charged, the name they cried was "Stannis! Stannis! STANNIS!"

Something to read: http://dailycaller.com/2013/02/18/li...o-libertarian/

A leader of a libertarian student organization challenged Glenn Beck’s self-described libertarianism at an annual gathering of pro-liberty students in Washington, D.C. on Friday.

In his remarks to conference attendees, Students for Liberty President Alexander McCobin criticized Beck for trying to co-opt the word “libertarian.” McCobin encouraged Beck to educate himself about the views of the libertarian student movement by attending a future SFL conference...

“I am fine with Glenn Beck becoming a libertarian, but you can’t just apply that term to yourself and expect it to be accurate unless you have the right stances that agree with libertarianism,” said McCobin, president of Students for Liberty, in an interview with The Daily Caller News Foundation.

Beck has a history of supporting what libertarians deem government intervention overseas and in the personal lives of Americans. He even supported Rick Santorum in the 2012 Republican primaries — a candidate who held views anathema to libertarians.
    No one is going to sit and tell me that Glenn Beck had an epiphany in a couple months, so conveniently after the elections (after the overlords release their minions) and is some sort of awesome libertarian now.

If I seem obsessed, I'm close to it, because I will be damned the day I see this movement I joined and am still learning about, be co-opted by someone like Glenn Beck. He's playing a friggin' game and he's trying to profit off of us.
    Last edited by Okie RP fan; 02-24-2013 at 09:49 PM.

Folks, I posted this slightly modified post in response to "No Free Beer" and one of her comments she made to me about my insistence we protect ourselves from Beck. I just feel more eyes need to see it, especially for those who haven't followed Beck like I used to:

I first heard of Glenn Beck when I was a teenager and he was finally "making it big" on Fox News. His shows encircled exposing "secret" government ties with corporations as well as ties between folks such as Bill Ayers and Barack Obama. He was, in all honesty, something fresh, and as a young conservative, I thought he was great. So great, in fact, I bought a few of his books and still have them to this day. He spoke to conservatives and to concerned Americans in general. All that and he supposedly had a story: he was a drunk and part of AA and almost broke his family, all while always trying to pursue a career in entertainment.

Then, strange things started happening between him and FNC. He started crying more and more during his shows (of which many folks on every end of the spectrum have speculated were fake and were part of his sales pitch) and reports started flowing that Beck and FNC were severing ties for unknown reasons. Then, after the official cancellation of the show, Beck went quiet for a month or so, then started rolling out big plans to move to Texas and really ramp up his radio show.

Ever since his cancellation on FNC, Beck tried to portray himself as the ultimate Tea Party guy. The Constitutionalist; the guy sailing across the Delaware:

But, make no mistake, even from his tenure with FNC, he was always a "let's get those bad brown people who hate our freedoms!" kinda guy, and he only got worse on radio.

Then, the 2012 primaries roll around, and I decided to start listening to the guy again to see what he has to say about Ron Paul. The first few times I heard him talk about Dr. Paul and libertarians, I had to turn the radio off because everything that was coming out of his mouth, as well as his crony pals (who hated libertarians even more than Beck did, I think the worst one's name was Pat... he really tore into and made fun of libertarians every chance he got, and Beck would always laugh) who were just awful. The way they all tore into Ron Paul's foreign policy, as well as stances on social issues showed me that Glenn Beck was never truly conservative, he was a big government ninny who posed as something he wasn't.

Glenn Beck, all throughout the primaries, continued to tear into Ron Paul and libertarians every chance he got. I would always tune in after the debates, and it eventually got to where they quit talking about Ron Paul (when we had momentum), and when he was mentioned, they would laugh or throw a "crazy Uncle Ron" line in.

All while Glenn Beck endorsed Rick Santorum and ol' Ricky on his show weekly to promote himself.

After the primaries, Glenn Beck endorsed Mitt Romney and as clearly as I can remember, said that the differences between Obama and Romney were massive, and anyone saying differently is nuts and is being dishonest.

I tried calling into Beck's program every time I listened but could never get through. And I could kick myself for not recording EVERY SINGLE time this fool said these despicable things about you, me, and Ron Paul.

And here we are today, with Glenn Beck trying to CO-OPT the libertarian movement, crowing himself as a libertarian and trying to lead everyone, while praising a Rand Paul who is NOT his father and has 4 more years to prove his worth.

I'm passionate about this entire subject because the day Glenn Beck becomes any sort of credible figure in the libertarian movement, I'm done. And I don't want that, but it will show me that even WE can be hijacked for worse, especially by someone so vile.

So, I'd much rather be a "political hipster" than be co-opted by a hack who despised every letter in the term "libertarian" only months ago.