Thread: Nationwide newspaper campaign

Nationwide newspaper campaign

I was speaking with a fellow Ron Paul supporter last night, and we both agreed that newspapers still play an important roll in disseminating information to the masses, especially for those who use the internet less frequently. I was thinking that perhaps we could coordinate some massive effort to contact newspapers in every city in the country with more than say, 25,000 or 50,000 people. It would of course take a while to do this, but I think it would really benefit the campaign.

We could take the approach of submitting letters to the editor, contacting editors with a story on Ron Paul, or something of that nature. We'd have to have some good write-ups of Dr Paul, which we could coordinate as well.

What do you guys think?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

great idea

i'm going to write a letter to my editor now. Granted, I'm in Connecticut, so it won't gain much ground. But i'll write it nonetheless.

Recently, two organizations in Iowa excluded Ron Paul, a Republican candidate for President, from a forum event they sponsored covering, of all things, tax policy. Anyone with an internet connection knows who Ron Paul is, and that he has advocated against taxation and government expansion consistently throughout his 10 terms in the House of Representatives. Yet when people voiced their displeasure at this blatantly politically-motivated exclusion (the man responsible is a consultant to McCain's staff in Iowa), they were accused of "hacking" and "spamming." These allegations are as ridiculous as they are false. It is clear that there are many organizations in this country who want to silence dissent, silence reason, and turn this into a police state for the waging of war on everything and everyone. This is clearly against Christian values, and the spirit of our Country. Please, let us not allow Georgia to be such a place.

Sent to the AJC just now.
    "I'd rather be alive and free." Rep. Ron Paul, June 13, 2007 to Stephen Colbert on The Colbert Report.

use Fred Thompson

Fred Thompson has a really useful feature on his website that allows you to send the same letter to every major national newspaper and every significant Iowa paper too.

To my knowledge, it doesn't attach any Fred Thompson tags to your message, so it should be fine to send Ron Paul stuff through.

http://www.imwithfred.com/WriteLetters.aspx

i've used it a few times already.

Quote Originally Posted by yongrel View Post
    Fred Thompson has a really useful feature on his website that allows you to send the same letter to every major national newspaper and every significant Iowa paper too.

To my knowledge, it doesn't attach any Fred Thompson tags to your message, so it should be fine to send Ron Paul stuff through.

http://www.imwithfred.com/WriteLetters.aspx

i've used it a few times already.
    Great find!

I think Julie Annie has the same thing.

Wow! Great find. I just sent a letter to about 40 newspapers in three minutes time. I hope they don't start filter out messages for the words "Ron Paul". It'd be awesome if we had something just like it (though we can use it in the meantime).
    “The care of human life and happiness and not their destruction is the first and only legitimate object of good government.” – Thomas Jefferson