Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 96

Thread: PHOTOS: Rand Paul Visits The Western Wall

  1. #31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SpreadOfLiberty View Post
    Christian-Judeo traditions transcend each other. That wouldn't apply with Islam.
    Christian Judeo traditions? What do people who love Christ have in common with people who killed and hate Christ? At least Islam acknowledges Jesus' existence and prophecy.



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tpoints View Post
    Christian Judeo traditions? What do people who love Christ have in common with people who killed and hate Christ? At least Islam acknowledges Jesus' existence and prophecy.
    The Jews did NOT kill Christ.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

    Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

    The Property Basis of Rights

  4. #33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    The Jews did NOT kill Christ.
    They didn't? They didn't send a traitor to turn him to the Romans and then cheer when they arrested him?

  5. #34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    Rand doing all of this is good to shut those, 'Pauls hate Israel' b.s.'ers.
    Doing this serves no purpose whatsoever. Because when push-comes-to-shove Rand will have to choose between siding with or opposing the Israeli lobby. You honestly believe this charade will set him apart from the pack? Do you honestly believe that every single candidate from both parties won't be doing the exact same thing? They will all try to out-Israel each other. If he is the real deal, you can bet that Rand will not be receiving the support of the likes of AIPAC or the ECI. Rubio, Jeb Bush, Huckabee, or Santorum will be the pro-Israel candidate, whichever decide to run.

    And personally, I do not believe it is appropriate for a Christian to be worshipping at a man-made alter when that Temple has been replaced by the Body, made holy by the imputing of the Holy Spirit. God let that Temple be destroyed for a reason. And there's a reason He hasn't rebuilt it.
    Knowledge will forever govern ignorance; and a people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives. -James Madison

  6. #35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by James Madison View Post
    Doing this serves no purpose whatsoever. Because when push-comes-to-shove Rand will have to choose between siding with or opposing the Israeli lobby. You honestly believe this charade will set him apart from the pack? Do you honestly believe that every single candidate from both parties won't be doing the exact same thing? They will all try to out-Israel each other. If he is the real deal, you can bet that Rand will not be receiving the support of the likes of AIPAC or the ECI. Rubio, Jeb Bush, Huckabee, or Santorum will be the pro-Israel candidate, whichever decide to run.

    And personally, I do not believe it is appropriate for a Christian to be worshipping at a man-made alter when that Temple has been replaced by the Body, made holy by the imputing of the Holy Spirit. God let that Temple be destroyed for a reason. And there's a reason He hasn't rebuilt it.
    Thats not the point.

    What I meant is that it gives him better positioning with those who would just write him off as an anti-semite like they did with Ron.
    Undeniably effective strategy
    1) REGISTER - email : iowa@randpaul2016.com to request login.
    2) LOGIN & CALL - www.callingfromhome.com
    3) WIN

    Don't pay the media to attack Rand
    Every time you click on the attack articles, you are literally paying them for attacking Rand. If you really want people to see, quote the entire article and break the link.

    be ACTIVE, be EFFECTIVE, be ORGANIZED, be STRATEGIC, be VICTORIOUS.

    How to plug a TWEET in post [ TWEET] [/TWEET ]

  7. #36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    *facepalm* Of all the things to bitch about ...

    Let's just hope he never goes to Japan and bows to anyone. God only knows what that might mean. (It certainly couldn't be that he would simply be engaging in a very long & time-honored local custom. No, not at all.)
    Same with any other nations such as certain ones in Europe. The Queen of England is free to bow to Rand or anyone of us, though.

  8. #37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    Thats not the point.

    What I meant is that it gives him better positioning with those who would just write him off as an anti-semite like they did with Ron.
    The media will script whatever narrative they wish. That's what they did to Buchanan in '96 even though it was blatantly a lie.
    Knowledge will forever govern ignorance; and a people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives. -James Madison

  9. #38

    Default

    Read 'God's War On Terror' by Walid Shoebat with Joel Richardson.Israel is Jesus' land and he will actually fight for it (a one sided fight but still) and so will we if we are part of the first resurrection or are acceptable to be changed when he comes.So how can you be a Christian and not love Israel when you're a wild olive branch hoping to be grafted on to the Jewish root.

  10. #39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SpreadOfLiberty View Post
    Christian-Judeo traditions transcend each other. That wouldn't apply with Islam.
    Islam and Christianity have a lot in common, in fact, all three religions do because they are all Abrahamic. That said, no respecting Christian should be wearing a Kippah or Yamaka. How many Jews do you see wearing Crosses and making pilgrimages to the Eastern Orthodox Church, the Vatican, or any Protestant Churches?
    School of Salamanca - School of Austrian Economics - Liberty, Private Property, Free-Markets, Voluntaryist, Agorist. le monde va de lui même

    "No man hath power over my rights and liberties, and I over no mans [sic]."

    What, sir, is the use of a militia? It is to prevent the establishment of a standing army, the bane of liberty.

    www.mises.org
    www.antiwar.com
    An Arrow Against all Tyrants - Richard Overton vis. 1646 (Required reading!)

  11. #40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SpreadOfLiberty View Post
    Christian-Judeo traditions transcend each other. That wouldn't apply with Islam.
    Islam and Christianity have a lot in common, in fact, all three religions do because they are all Abrahamic. That said, no respecting Christian should be wearing a Kippah or Yamaka. How many Jews do you see wearing Crosses and making pilgrimages to the Eastern Orthodox Church, the Vatican, or any Protestant Churches?
    School of Salamanca - School of Austrian Economics - Liberty, Private Property, Free-Markets, Voluntaryist, Agorist. le monde va de lui même

    "No man hath power over my rights and liberties, and I over no mans [sic]."

    What, sir, is the use of a militia? It is to prevent the establishment of a standing army, the bane of liberty.

    www.mises.org
    www.antiwar.com
    An Arrow Against all Tyrants - Richard Overton vis. 1646 (Required reading!)

  12. #41

    Default

    In before Collins says he loaned Rand the yarmulke.
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    —Charles Mackay

    "god i fucking wanna rip his balls off and offer them to the gods"
    -Anonymous

  13. #42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    I know what you are getting at, but bowing in Japan (as in your example) does mean something. It shows subservience if you bow lower than the other party. High power folks in Japan basically just give a head nod. And when entertaining a westerner, a hand shake will do. You know they do wear western attire there (business suits with neck ties),
    Bows can have a lot of meanings...but height matters in very polite situations. When bowing to someone of equal status, and if you happen to be much taller than they are, you're actually supposed to bow deeper than the other party (to symbolically bring your height to their level). Obama's bow was super stiff and formal, and a little awkward and embarrasing since he tried to mix in a half handshake at the same time, which was weird, but overall it wasn't that bad and didn't mean subservience, IMO... I won't be upset if Rand does something like this one day, and I don't mind him visiting the wall, etc. I get what people mean though. Our politicans don't seem to be focused on America first.
    Last edited by July; 01-09-2013 at 07:03 AM.

  14. #43

    Default

    Lol @ him with the stupid yamaka touching the remains of a Roman fortress. Debunked bronze age religions are so funny.

  15. #44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    I know what you are getting at, but bowing in Japan (as in your example) does mean something. It shows subservience if you bow lower than the other party. High power folks in Japan basically just give a head nod. And when entertaining a westerner, a hand shake will do. You know they do wear western attire there (business suits with neck ties), right?


    That pic shows what a retard Obama is, you're not suppose to bow like you're facing some Dark Age King. The bow is suppose to be slight.

  16. #45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FreeHampshire View Post
    Lol @ him with the stupid yamaka touching the remains of a Roman fortress. Debunked bronze age religions are so funny.
    It's always nice when someone chimes in to ridicule others' deeply held religious beliefs.

  17. #46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Austrian Econ Disciple View Post
    Islam and Christianity have a lot in common, in fact, all three religions do because they are all Abrahamic. That said, no respecting Christian should be wearing a Kippah or Yamaka. How many Jews do you see wearing Crosses and making pilgrimages to the Eastern Orthodox Church, the Vatican, or any Protestant Churches?
    Um, that's because Christian heritage is Judaism, not the other way around.

  18. #47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    The Jews did NOT kill Christ.
    OH COME ON!
    the Sanhedrin had NOTHING to do with it
    jealous "jews" had NOTHING to do with it
    Judas had NOTHING to do with it
    he wasnt hunted down by HEROD the "GREAT"
    he wasnt constantly being entrapped by pharisees to trick him into blasphemy with WHICH they could put him to death
    he wasnt betrayed by HIS OWN "PEOPLE"
    THE "JEWS" DID NOT ARREST HIM
    they did not charge him to the magistrate either
    nor did they cheer for his death so they could free a man of violence
    and, they did nothing to stop it
    GET REAL
    some "jews" certainly did kill him

    boo
    i expected better!

    (BTW, IMHO, we ALL killed him)
    Last edited by jkr; 01-09-2013 at 07:49 AM.

  19. #48

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    It's always nice when someone chimes in to ridicule others' deeply held religious beliefs.
    well, some do believe that is not the right wall...

  20. #49

    Default

    +rep. Just because some jackasses in the past have used the "Jews killed Christ" as a reason to hate Jews doesn't mean we have to do mental gymnastics and reinterpret scripture. Ghandi was killed by a fellow Indian. That's no reason to hate Indians, nor to people try to pretend he was killed by a member of some other group just so that folks won't be accused of being "anti-Indian". Yep the Romans finished the job and the Jewish leaders instigated it, and it was done on behalf of all, but then again Jesus said He laid down His own life. So technically He killed Himself.

    Quote Originally Posted by jkr View Post
    OH COME ON!
    the Sanhedrin had NOTHING to do with it
    jealous "jews" had NOTHING to do with it
    Judas had NOTHING to do with it
    he wasnt hunted down by HEROD the "GREAT"
    he wasnt constantly being entrapped by pharisees to trick him into blasphemy with WHICH they could put him to death
    he wasnt betrayed by HIS OWN "PEOPLE"
    THE "JEWS" DID NOT ARREST HIM
    they did not charge him to the magistrate either
    nor did they cheer for his death so they could free a man of violence
    and, they did nothing to stop it
    GET REAL
    some "jews" certainly did kill him

    boo
    i expected better!

    (BTW, IMHO, we ALL killed him)
    9/11 Thermate experiments

    Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

    "I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

    "We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

    "It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

  21. #50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dystopian View Post
    Would you wear a turban if an Arab asked you to?

    I enjoy funny hats, so yes. I'd wear sombraros, popehats, and turbans consecutively if possible.

  22. #51

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Jesus said He laid down His own life. So technically He killed Himself.
    Which is a mortal sin. Therefore, Jesus is in hell.

  23. #52

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SpicyTurkey View Post
    Great. Did he start banging his head against the wall as well? And I wonder. Was the trip payed by him personally, or by us?
    The trip was paid for by private funds, not by the government.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

  24. #53

    Default

    He is making sure that people cannot label him as an "Israel hater".
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

  25. #54

    Default

    Haha. I just got back from Israel, actually, and was just at the Western Wall. (I'm Jewish) Shame I didn't bump into Rand!
    As Ron Paul gains momentum, the disinformation and attack campaigns begin.

    We'll be dedicated to setting the record straight.

    Ron Paul Myths.

    http://www.ronpaulmyths.com

    Now LIVE! Visit us, spread the word and send us your suggestions! ronpaulmyths (at) gmail.com

    Thank you to all those involved in this project for your hard work and determination!

  26. #55

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by James Madison View Post
    The media will script whatever narrative they wish. That's what they did to Buchanan in '96 even though it was blatantly a lie.
    Except that Rand is doing things to pre-empt this.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

  27. #56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Austrian Econ Disciple View Post
    That said, no respecting Christian should be wearing a Kippah or Yamaka. How many Jews do you see wearing Crosses and making pilgrimages to the Eastern Orthodox Church, the Vatican, or any Protestant Churches?
    Uhhh, Christianity was borne out of Judiasim, not the other way around.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

  28. #57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by James Madison View Post
    Doing this serves no purpose whatsoever. Because when push-comes-to-shove Rand will have to choose between siding with or opposing the Israeli lobby. You honestly believe this charade will set him apart from the pack? Do you honestly believe that every single candidate from both parties won't be doing the exact same thing? They will all try to out-Israel each other. If he is the real deal, you can bet that Rand will not be receiving the support of the likes of AIPAC or the ECI. Rubio, Jeb Bush, Huckabee, or Santorum will be the pro-Israel candidate, whichever decide to run.
    You fail to see the implications of his visit. It stops the neocon lobby as painting him as anti-Israel. While they may not be on his side, they can't be openly against him because he has gone through the motions that they demand, not without looking foolish at best and intellectually dishonest at worst. In short, Rand isn't letting anyone define him, and this is a way to do it.


    If/when the anti-Israel attacks come to Rand, it can simply be pointed out that they are untrue, just look, he met with Israeli leaders and visited the wall. Again, it effectively undermines neocon attacks against him.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

  29. #58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    He is making sure that people cannot label him as an "Israel hater".
    He'll probably have to vote against confirming Hagel if he wants to avoid that term. I don't really have a problem with Hagel, but Hagel has already been labeled an "Israel Hater" by the GOP and the media.

  30. #59

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    I know what you are getting at, but bowing in Japan (as in your example) does mean something. It shows subservience if you bow lower than the other party. High power folks in Japan basically just give a head nod. And when entertaining a westerner, a hand shake will do. You know they do wear western attire there (business suits with neck ties), right?

    Are you asian? or even Japanese? How the fk would you know? I'm Asian, bowing your head is a sign of respect. Obama maybe bowed a little too low but it in no way means a sign of subservience. You act like the Japanese went around the country saying we own Obama after that bow. It's just like taking off your shoes when you go into an Asian person's house. Although I'm sure you feel you wouldn't need to do that either. Genius.

  31. #60

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twomp View Post
    Are you asian? or even Japanese? How the fk would you know? I'm Asian, bowing your head is a sign of respect. Obama maybe bowed a little too low but it in no way means a sign of subservience. You act like the Japanese went around the country saying we own Obama after that bow. It's just like taking off your shoes when you go into an Asian person's house. Although I'm sure you feel you wouldn't need to do that either. Genius.

    HOW DARE SOMEONE BE RESPECTFUL! WE ARE AMERICA, F*K YAH! OBAMA SHOULD HAVE JUNKKICKED HIM! F*K YAH!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast





Similar Threads

  1. PHOTOS: Rand Paul visits Las Vegas 6/29/15
    By Gage in forum Rand Paul Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-01-2015, 05:56 PM
  2. PHOTOS: Rand Paul visits Las Vegas
    By Gage in forum Rand Paul Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-18-2015, 08:49 PM
  3. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-17-2015, 04:03 PM
  4. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-22-2011, 08:09 PM
  5. Ron Paul Visits Western New York
    By sailingaway in forum Ron Paul Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-05-2011, 11:05 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •