Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PHOTOS: Rand Paul Visits The Western Wall

Quote Originally Posted by KingNothing View Post
    HOW DARE SOMEONE BE RESPECTFUL! WE ARE AMERICA, F*K YAH! OBAMA SHOULD HAVE JUNKKICKED HIM! F*K YAH!
    MAYBE IT WAS THE LITTLE ASIAN GUY NOT BOWING THAT JUNKKICKED OBAMA AND THATS WHY OBAMA IS KEELED OVER! THE JAPS, THEY ATTACKED FIRST AGAIN!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Personally, I'm a huge fan of junk-kicking people when I first meet them. Makes me a real hit at parties.

Quote Originally Posted by twomp View Post
    Are you asian? or even Japanese? How the fk would you know? I'm Asian, bowing your head is a sign of respect. Obama maybe bowed a little too low but it in no way means a sign of subservience. You act like the Japanese went around the country saying we own Obama after that bow. It's just like taking off your shoes when you go into an Asian person's house. Although I'm sure you feel you wouldn't need to do that either. Genius.
    Lived, worked and studied there.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Are you asian? or even Japanese? How the fk would you know? I'm Asian, bowing your head is a sign of respect.
    all signs of self disrespect is a sign of respect.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I hope that Rand Paul gets back from his trip and starts fighting against the gun confiscation effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Traditional Conservative View Post
    I hope that Rand Paul gets back from his trip and starts fighting against the gun confiscation effort.
    For real, he needs to hit the circuit on the major talk shows and highlight the much needed facts about the gun debate and grow his profile as the solid, all round constitutional conservative. I've said before that he needs to run with the gun issue esp at this crucial juncture and he will be loved by the the rank and file and adored by the gun community.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    If Romney ran ads showing this, he would've been elected President.
    Last edited by jj-; 01-09-2013 at 01:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jj- View Post
    If Romney ran ads showing this, he would've been the elected President.
    you think so? did it work for McCain?

Quote Originally Posted by Tpoints View Post
    Christian Judeo traditions? What do people who love Christ have in common with people who killed and hate Christ? At least Islam acknowledges Jesus' existence and prophecy.
    Seriously?

First, Jesus was a Jew. Yes, some Jews were responsible for killing Jesus. Jews were also the first Christians.

Shock, that's how things go in a Jewish nation!

What is in common? The Old Testament of the Bible. So up to that point there is an agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by Austrian Econ Disciple View Post
    Islam and Christianity have a lot in common, in fact, all three religions do because they are all Abrahamic. That said, no respecting Christian should be wearing a Kippah or Yamaka. How many Jews do you see wearing Crosses and making pilgrimages to the Eastern Orthodox Church, the Vatican, or any Protestant Churches?
    But this stuff is part of the Bible, and Islam isn't. That is the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by FreeHampshire View Post
    Lol @ him with the stupid yamaka touching the remains of a Roman fortress. Debunked bronze age religions are so funny.
    Have you made up your mind what you are yet? Your religious threads are all over the place.

When I went to shrines in Japan I took my shoes off in time honored tradition (Doom on them. ). To get respect one must also give respect.
    As far as Obama it is slightly different. He stands neither above nor below the host nations political head. They are equals. And I would think that the president of the U.S. would at least be given some understanding of formal customs used in these countries when equals meet.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Lived, worked and studied there.
    Then you should know better then that. That's not a sign of "subservience". He bowed a little too low. That is just a sign that he didn't do it right. It is equivalent to a Japanese man trying to pronounce an English word and saying it wrong.

Then you should know better then that. That's not a sign of "subservience". He bowed a little too low. That is just a sign that he didn't do it right. It is equivalent to a Japanese man trying to pronounce an English word and saying it wrong.
    I'm not talking about the clueless Obama.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Are you asian? or even Japanese? How the fk would you know? I'm Asian, bowing your head is a sign of respect. Obama maybe bowed a little too low but it in no way means a sign of subservience. You act like the Japanese went around the country saying we own Obama after that bow. It's just like taking off your shoes when you go into an Asian person's house. Although I'm sure you feel you wouldn't need to do that either. Genius.

He's not "bowing his head" he's practically sucking his dick. A nod of the head or at the most bow of about 15 degrees should have done it. One would think that a president of the U.S. could receive a little coaching. From someone, say, an ambassador?
    Last edited by phill4paul; 01-09-2013 at 04:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    He's not "bowing his head" he's practically sucking his dick. A nod of the head or at the most bow of about 15 degrees should have done it. One would think that a president of the U.S. could receive a little coaching. From someone, say, an ambassador?
    True but I think we can all agree here that this President and his administration aren't the best and the brightest that America has to offer.

Quote Originally Posted by kathy88 View Post
    In before Collins says he loaned Rand the yarmulke.
    Yeah but Collins uses it as a tent.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Uhhh, Christianity was borne out of Judiasim, not the other way around.
    And some would say that Judaism was born of Zoroastrianism.

Interesting, as so many aggressive, supposed "defenders" of Israel want to bomb the remnants of Zoroastrianism...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

True but I think we can all agree here that this President and his administration aren't the best and the brightest that America has to offer.
    Absolutely.

I dunno, they were smart enough to get Obama elected and reelected and fool the American people...

Actually, I think that says more about the state our of country more than anything. Namely, that the American people are dumb as apples.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Miriam Godwinson View Post
    We Must Dissent.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    45 degrees is the correct angle for a very formal situation, like say, meeting an emperor... It's certainly not an every day bow.... it can be used among equals and doesn't just mean an apology.

Obama didn't quite do it right. But so what? The media used this to promote vague feelings of nationalism at the time...a sentiment which only came back to bite us later when Ron tried to talk about a rational foreign policy during his campaign. There are plenty of real issues to attack Obama on but the "apology tour" thing was always a distraction, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by July View Post
    45 degrees is the correct angle for a very formal situation
    so when do you do 90 degrees?

Quote Originally Posted by Tpoints View Post
    so when do you do 90 degrees?
    For like visiting a shrine or temple, or like...when offering condolences, as a very deep sign of regret, or show of deep respect to a very important person. Most of the time though if it's supposed to be as an apology or show of regret, you're supposed to hold the bow there for several seconds, not just a quick down and up.

Anyways this is all kind of irrelevant, IMO...at the time the Japanese media didn't really care at first, and the US media didn't go into nuance. It's all about whether it is acceptable for a US pres (or candidate) to engage in other cultural practices when visiting leaders in other countries. The right wants us to think the US is above all other nations, while the left pushes this sort of idea of world citizenship....so these situations just get used for political purposes often.
    Last edited by July; 01-10-2013 at 07:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by July View Post
    45 degrees is the correct angle for a very formal situation, like say, meeting an emperor... It's certainly not an every day bow.... it can be used among equals and doesn't just mean an apology.

Obama didn't quite do it right. But so what? The media used this to promote vague feelings of nationalism at the time...a sentiment which only came back to bite us later when Ron tried to talk about a rational foreign policy during his campaign. There are plenty of real issues to attack Obama on but the "apology tour" thing was always a distraction, IMO.
    How low did Akihito bow? Also, he looks like a goddamned pigeon bobbing his head up and down. He really needed a coach.

Oh and here he is practically $#@!ing genuflecting..........

Quote Originally Posted by Austrian Econ Disciple View Post
    Islam and Christianity have a lot in common, in fact, all three religions do because they are all Abrahamic. That said, no respecting Christian should be wearing a Kippah or Yamaka. How many Jews do you see wearing Crosses and making pilgrimages to the Eastern Orthodox Church, the Vatican, or any Protestant Churches?
    Exactly..its a sign of dominance... onward Christian soldiers..

How low did Akihito bow? Also, he looks like a goddamned pigeon bobbing his head up and down. He really needed a coach.
    Akihito's bow is quick... and well he was meeting them right at the palace, in Japan, so Obama was technically a guest there... Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending Obama...just saying, take the media interpretation with a grain of salt, that's all.

I don't know about his other bow.

Quote Originally Posted by Dystopian View Post
    Nice Yamaka Rand
    Lowest Common Denominator, I don't know a single Jew impressed by a stunt like that.

Quote Originally Posted by loveableteddybear View Post
    Lowest Common Denominator, I don't know a single Jew impressed by a stunt like that.
    But I bet you know a lot of Jews that are offended if he didn't.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by cero View Post
    There were some posters on here saying that everyone was required to wear the yarmulke. According to this video, that is obviously not the case.

Why are there so many pictures being taken? Is this a sacred religious experience or a photo op to go show AIPAC?
    Last edited by Dystopian; 01-10-2013 at 10:45 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast