Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PHOTOS: Rand Paul Visits The Western Wall

PHOTOS: Rand Paul Visits The Western Wall

http://www.businessinsider.com/rand-...-photos-2013-1

I wanto go there and do that someday.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Nice Yamaka Rand
    Last edited by Dystopian; 01-08-2013 at 10:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dystopian View Post
    Nice Yamaka Rand!!!!!!

I never knew you were Jewish.
    You are kidding right? I have several Kippahs and I am not even Jewish. Its just something they give you for attending Bat mitzvahs

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    You are kidding right? I have several Kippahs and I am not even Jewish. Its just something they give you for attending Bat mitzvahs
    Would you wear a turban if an Arab asked you to?

Christian-Judeo traditions transcend each other. That wouldn't apply with Islam.

maybe, if whoever is doing the asking was a good friend and doing it would make him/her happy, I will wear a turban. But muslim generally do not ask non Muslims to wear turbans unlike jews and their kippah.

Quote Originally Posted by SpreadOfLiberty View Post
    Christian-Judeo traditions transcend each other. That wouldn't apply with Islam.
    Seeing as am an atheist, I could still seeing myself wearing it for a friend. In fact even at my most religious point in life, I could still see myself wearing it for a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Besides that, I've heard it is actually required at the wall. This link says the same thing:
    http://www.ehow.com/how_6121753_dres...jerusalem.html

Men wishing to enter the prayer section of the wall are required to wear either a Jewish skull cap called a yamakah or kippah or a hat. Any hat will do as long as it fits the visitor's head and doesn't have overt decorations. If a male visitor does not have a hat, he may take a paper yamakah provided at the entrance to the prayer section of the wall. Males may also venture into a special prayer room exclusively set aside for Orthodox males who sometimes pray in the room for hours at a time.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Besides that, I've heard it is actually required at the wall. This link says the same thing:
    Yup, its probably because the orthodox types run the show over there. Conservative and reform jews probably wouldn't have cared if you have a kippah or not

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Maybe my memory is failing me, but I don't remember having to wear any head cover. And I went to both the wall and one of the study/prayer rooms.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

This is the kind of $#@! that I hate seeing out of politicians. You know, if Rand Paul cared that much for Israel and really wanted to see the Wall for his own religious beliefs, then fine. I wouldn't begrudge him that. But, am I way off line to think that he's only doing this $#@! for political purposes? Because every politician thinks he has to make a pilgrimage to Israel to suck up to their leaders and prove that he's a friend of Israel before he can run for president in the United States.
    Last edited by Dystopian; 01-08-2013 at 10:36 PM.

This is the kind of $#@! that I hate seeing out of politicians. You know, if Rand Paul cared that much for Israel and really wanted to see the Wall for his own religious beliefs, then fine. I wouldn't begrudge him that. But, am I way off line to think that he's only doing this $#@! for political purposes? Because every politician thinks he has to make a pilgrimage to Israel to suck up to their leaders and prove that he's a friend of Israel before he can run for president in the United States.
    He's visiting several other countries besides Israel. You always fail to mention that for some reason.

And Rand is "sucking up to Israel's leaders" by telling them that we should eventually end all foreign aid to Israel? Lol.

You do realize that on the Foreign Affairs Committee or especially as president, even while avoiding entangling alliances, he'll need to "talk and trade with other countries" just as Ron Paul and the Founders advised, right? That's exactly what he's doing! And it's awesome.
    Original supporter of Ron Paul since 2007 and lifelong supporter of liberty and the Constitution. I stand with Rand.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTyke View Post
    You do realize that on the Foreign Affairs Committee or especially as president, even while avoiding entangling alliances, he'll need to "talk and trade with other countries" just as Ron Paul and the Founders advised, right? That's exactly what he's doing! And it's awesome.
    Exactly. Ron Paul always talked about "traveling to other countries" and "having diplomacy with other countries." Apparently some people here believe in isolationism rather than non interventionism.

Well, at least I finally know it really was a yamaka and not bird $#@! like it looked in that picture in that other thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Miriam Godwinson View Post
    We Must Dissent.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    *facepalm* Of all the things to bitch about ...

Let's just hope he never goes to Japan and bows to anyone. God only knows what that might mean. (It certainly couldn't be that he would simply be engaging in a very long & time-honored local custom. No, not at all.)
    The Bastiat Collection ˇ FREE PDF ˇ FREE EPUB ˇ PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

ˇ tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ˇ

The way I see things, Rand is a genius and making himself come off more presidential than anyone else. This might be the most successful foreign trip a first term senator has had in a long time, if not ever. Several points:

1) Rand is being very courageous, thoughtful, and practical with his policy. It's easy to sit in front of a computer or join a nationalist organization and say eliminate all foreign aid, or even be like Ron and give speeches to your biggest supporters and visit college campuses full of young people saying it, but to do it in Israel to major leaders of the government there? That takes guts. He was thoughtful and practical about it, he didn't say let's eliminate foreign aid tomorrow. He basically said let's do it gradually in a way beneficial for both countries and the peace process in the Middle East. He cited a speech given by Netanyahu's brother saying that the aid basically forced a dependency relationship with the US and that getting off it would be beneficial. Guess what? Israel isn't outraged? Remember Romney's trip to the UK during the Olympics? He actually has lots of fans there, as evidenced by that award he got from the pro-liberty think tank there.

2) He's undercutting the neocons and Israel lobby in America. By traveling around and meeting with leaders of both sides of all nations involved, he is giving himself great foreign policy credentials and exposing the fallacies of the neoconservative and Jewish establishment. Guess what, it looks likes Israelis aren't outraged at all about Chuck Hagel. And like I said before, they're not crucifying Rand because of his position on foreign aid. When somebody says that in this country (as Ron did), you get chewed out by the Kristols of the world saying how disastrous it is to Israel and that we need to bomb Iran. All Rand is doing is showing how ridiculous the AIPAC's of the country are. It's a very shrewd tactic, but I'd say it's working.

Great. Did he start banging his head against the wall as well? And I wonder. Was the trip payed by him personally, or by us?

Quote Originally Posted by SpicyTurkey View Post
    Great. Did he start banging his head against the wall as well? And I wonder. Was the trip payed by him personally, or by us?
    "The tour was funded by the conservative American Family Association"
    www.businessinsider.com/rand-paul-israel-2013-1
    Last edited by ican'tvote; 01-08-2013 at 11:56 PM. Reason: breaking link

Rand doing all of this is good to shut those, 'Pauls hate Israel' b.s.'ers.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    *facepalm* Of all the things to bitch about ...

Let's just hope he never goes to Japan and bows to anyone. God only knows what that might mean. (It certainly couldn't be that he would simply be engaging in a very long & time-honored local custom. No, not at all.)
    I know what you are getting at, but bowing in Japan (as in your example) does mean something. It shows subservience if you bow lower than the other party. High power folks in Japan basically just give a head nod. And when entertaining a westerner, a hand shake will do. You know they do wear western attire there (business suits with neck ties), right?

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    You know they do wear western attire there (business suits with neck ties), right?
    No way, man! I've seen Shōgun. They didn't have any of that stuff ...
    The Bastiat Collection ˇ FREE PDF ˇ FREE EPUB ˇ PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

ˇ tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ˇ

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    No way, man! I've seen Shōgun. They didn't have any of that stuff ...
    My finals in Chinese III in high school was watching Shogun.. lol. I learned nothing from that class.

Do what ya gotta do Rand.
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

Quote Originally Posted by TheTyke View Post
    Let's not forget several of our Founders lived in other countries for extended periods of time, sometimes begrudgingly. It's a part of the job description.

Quote Originally Posted by supermario21 View Post
    The way I see things, Rand is a genius and making himself come off more presidential than anyone else. This might be the most successful foreign trip a first term senator has had in a long time, if not ever. Several points:

1) Rand is being very courageous, thoughtful, and practical with his policy. It's easy to sit in front of a computer or join a nationalist organization and say eliminate all foreign aid, or even be like Ron and give speeches to your biggest supporters and visit college campuses full of young people saying it, but to do it in Israel to major leaders of the government there? That takes guts. He was thoughtful and practical about it, he didn't say let's eliminate foreign aid tomorrow. He basically said let's do it gradually in a way beneficial for both countries and the peace process in the Middle East. He cited a speech given by Netanyahu's brother saying that the aid basically forced a dependency relationship with the US and that getting off it would be beneficial. Guess what? Israel isn't outraged? Remember Romney's trip to the UK during the Olympics? He actually has lots of fans there, as evidenced by that award he got from the pro-liberty think tank there.

2) He's undercutting the neocons and Israel lobby in America. By traveling around and meeting with leaders of both sides of all nations involved, he is giving himself great foreign policy credentials and exposing the fallacies of the neoconservative and Jewish establishment. Guess what, it looks likes Israelis aren't outraged at all about Chuck Hagel. And like I said before, they're not crucifying Rand because of his position on foreign aid. When somebody says that in this country (as Ron did), you get chewed out by the Kristols of the world saying how disastrous it is to Israel and that we need to bomb Iran. All Rand is doing is showing how ridiculous the AIPAC's of the country are. It's a very shrewd tactic, but I'd say it's working.
    It really is a brilliant move by Rand. I'm glad you took the time to spell it out for some of the more obtuse posters. Of course no answer will satiate them, because they don't really want answers; they only wish to foment discontent.

Nice Yamaka Rand
    and we have people here who want him for President....*facepalm*

I would if I wasn't looking to get patriot votes.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast