Thread: C-J: Massie takes defiant path as Kentucky's new congressman

C-J: Massie takes defiant path as Kentucky's new congressman

Some coverage of Massie in Kentucky's biggest newspaper:

-
    Thomas Massie takes defiant path as Kentucky's new congressman
    Early votes oppose Boehner, Sandy aid

U.S. Rep. Thomas Massie took office two months ago and has already gained national attention for his votes against Republican leadership.

Massie, R-Garrison, took office in November succeeding Geoff Davis and has voted against re-electing Speaker of the House John Boehner, R-West Chester, voted against the fiscal cliff deal and voted against $9.7 billion in federal aid for those affected by Hurricane Sandy.

His supporters cheered him, saying he’s delivering on his campaign promise to change Washington and cut government spending. Detractors, however, fear his votes will alienate him and Northern Kentucky from congressional leadership.

At a meeting last week, Boehner addressed the nine Republicans who voted against him and said he would not hold that against them, Massie said.

“He said there would be no reprisals, and he held no grudges,” Massie told The Enquirer.

http://www.courier-journal.com/artic...ew-congressman

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    thanks for the link to the article!

Yeah, I saw something on my phone yesterday titled 'Who is the next Ron Paul' that linked to this, and discussed both Massie and Amash.

Thomas is starting off right!
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    Yeah, I saw something on my phone yesterday titled 'Who is the next Ron Paul' that linked to this, and discussed both Massie and Amash.

Totally agree! Money well spent donating to Mr. Massie and I look forward to doing it again come re-election time.

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post

Massie may even be better off than Amash in that regard because of his uber-red district
    Libertarian Republican trying to help break the one-party state in Massachusetts

Looking for new liberty candidates for 2014 and beyond

I have a HUGE Problem (and it is a good one)!: Who is my favorite congressman now: Congressman Amash or Massie???

I guess I will just have to have two favorite congressmen! This is a problem I love having.

Quote Originally Posted by twomp View Post
    Totally agree! Money well spent donating to Mr. Massie and I look forward to doing it again come re-election time.
    For real, epic Congressional pickup if I've ever seen one. neo->liberty

he may be destined for the senate

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoa View Post
    I have a HUGE Problem (and it is a good one)!: Who is my favorite congressman now: Congressman Amash or Massie???

I guess I will just have to have two favorite congressmen! This is a problem I love having.
    Wish the problem was 435!