Thread: Australia is Purple HOT; 122

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Australia is Purple HOT; 122

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-205_162-...ff-the-charts/

Bailey Johnson

CBS News/ January 8, 2013, 11:41 AM

Australia goes purple as temperature goes off the charts

Australia's Bureau of Meteorology adds deep purple to its maps in response to off the charts heat / Australian Bureau of Meteorology

"Off the charts" is a phrase that gets thrown around liberally when it comes to temperature. But in the case of Australia's current heat wave and raging wildfires, temperatures are literally higher than the government's charts were designed to go. The Australian Bureau of Meteorology has had to introduce a new color -- deep purple -- to account for the record-breaking heat.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    whoa
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

is that paint by number?

same color at -20

Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    is that paint by number?

same color at -20

its so hot its cold?
    "I know the urge to arm yourself, because that’s what I did. I was trained in firearms. When I walked to the hospital when my husband was sick, I carried a concealed weapon. I made the determination that if somebody was going to try to take me out I was going to take them with me."

Diane Feinstein, 1995

in 1994 Lake Havasu City, AZ hit 128. I'm sure it gets hotter in the Mojave.

Phoenix, has hit 127 in the past.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Their guns were confiscated, and now they have nothing to fight global warming with.

Quote Originally Posted by VanBummel View Post
    Their guns were confiscated, and now they have nothing to fight global warming with.
    Better call Captain Planet.
    "The Patriarch"

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    meh I live in Arizona

Oh nos. Their carbon tax has made things worse!

I've experienced 120+ heat in California, summer of 1977. It went on for weeks. But those temps are a regular occurrence in Death Valley.

What's the big deal? I used to live in Phoenix and saw plenty of days over 120*. Hell, I'd blacksmith in anything under 112.

Why are Australians such panty-waists?
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Why did I think this thread was going to be about:

Now THAT is Australia Purple Hot!
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

the temps are NEW for the aussies & they fear a spread of the big purple spot
    the same way africa worries about a much hotter + broader + wider sahara???

Nobody ever promised them a stable climate. And if they did, they lied. Al Gore
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton