Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Political commentator Jack Hunter, FreedomWorks Director Austin Petersen attack Alex Jones

Quote Originally Posted by ninepointfive View Post
    so sick of the Ron Paul Inc. crowd. Can't these people just plow ahead and not offend "the base"?

So much fail.
    The people offended aren't the base. If they ever were, those days are gone. We here are plowing ahead, right there with Hunter, Petersen, Rand, Amash, Bentivolio, etc. The day will come fairly soon that those who intend to be counterproductive to this will not last here.
    Last edited by erowe1; 01-08-2013 at 11:11 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    The people offended aren't the base. If they ever were, those days are gone. We here are plowing ahead, right there with Hunter, Peterson, Rand, Amash, Bentivolio, etc. The day will come fairly soon that those who intend to be counterproductive to this will not last here.
    Very true. People that are offended by the comments made by Petersen and Hunter are an infinitely small portion of the electorate. And if it wasn't these comments that would offend them, it will be something else that will offend them.

Just this week we have seen people here be highly critical of Kerry, Cruz, Rand and now Hunter and Peterson. Is it really worth it for those folks, and others like them to pander to a very small, highly volatile "base"? I don't think so.

The best thing Alex Jones did was expose the lie and conceit of "formal" news media. He made a mockery of it all, just by being Alex Jones. It's all a sideshow. It's infotainment. It's unSerious stupidity.

The people offended aren't the base. If they ever were, those days are gone. We here are plowing ahead, right there with Hunter, Petersen, Rand, Amash, Bentivolio, etc. The day will come fairly soon that those who intend to be counterproductive to this will not last here.
    Amen.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chieppa1 View Post
    All I can say, is that I was in that chair, I would have done the same thing. Minus the volume of my voice. But I would hijack the $#@! out of a CNN TV show and personally embarrass Piers. Piers may have won politically, but he looked like such a wimpy little $#@! last night.

Are we still trying to compromise and play nice with the establishment? Why? I thought we learned from the last year that the system won't allow us to co-opt $#@!. Ever since this movement went to Washington, it's splintered and became some insecure mess. Why? Because I feel that too many people have gotten the taste of Washington now. We need a little less Jack Hunter, Jesse Benton, Freedomworks type strategy. We used to applaud the in-your-face actions. Like Kokesh at the convention before he took too much DMT. I like that $#@!. We applaud when it's done in other countries. But here it seems, the new "leaders" of this movement are very comfortable writing articles, Facebook posts, Youtube videos spreading opinions, when it used to be about just spreading KNOWLEDGE.

I don't know, I took Dr. Paul's message quite seriously when he spoke about how we are over the cliff as a nation, and only a change in the voters minds will save us. Playing nice with the media or Washington so that Rand Paul can MAYBE get a cabinet position in 2016 has nothing to do with my freedom.

I sound negative I know. But I see this movement is turning into a lot of different sects trying to influence the overall future of Liberty in this country. We have the FreedomWorks, YAL, Hunter, Youtube celebrity side. That uses words like "purge" when it comes to the Jones crowd. Then I see the old guard of 07, some of which (me included) are so turned off by the political dancing of Liberty candidates, and I guess "pundits". When I read the quotes in the OP, I just see the same media belittling we complain about on a daily basis.

When I read Hunter's comments, or that kid that I think is the President of YAL that always has some snarky FB remark towards the "truther" or "conspiracy crowd", I think of two things:

1) They are just attacking what they don't understand. They are attacking what makes them uncomfortable. They are attacking what they don't believe in. They are attacking what is different. They are attacking what is against their best interest. Sound familiar. And worst of all, they are attacking critical thinking and freedom of expression. I have no time for that. It's sad really.

2) "“The worst thing to call somebody is crazy. It's dismissive. "I don't understand this person. So they're crazy." That's bull$#@!. These people are not crazy." -Dave Chappelle

Just a $#@!ty job of following Ron Paul's footsteps. You know, the gentleman that never "purged" anyone and pretty much is the reason that YAL guy (or Mr. FreedomWorks) is even important.

I just want to get back to what got us here. Behind the scenes, grassroots efforts to educate the PEOPLE.

But let's instead spend 2 days pointing fingers at an Alex Jones. Like he's the actual reason our 2nd Amendment is under attack. It's under attack because of one thing; mindless masses that proudly admit to ignoring politics, unless Anderson Cooper tells them some something is important.

"Alex Jones hurts our movement!". Movement where? To the White House? To "take our government back!"? Does anyone really believe we are headed in that direction? I'm sure a ton of people here have some plan or theory about how we will take back our liberty through Washington in 2016. But the success I have seen is in the conversations I have on a daily basis. With normal people who see at least some of what we see.

Last night was entertainment, pure and simple. We act as if these individuals owe us something.

I speak for myself, and no one speaks for me. This should be a leaderless effort to educate. Like I think the doctor ordered.
    Damn I wish I could buy you a beer right now. You summed up exactly how I feel about all these johnny come latelys, and the supposed 'veterans' of the liberty movement with their upturned noses at us folks that started this whole thing. You are 100% completely spot on right, cheers to you.

Go right ahead and schmooze to your heart's delight, be assimilated all you like. The old guard will keep on, keepin on and hold the torch while you look back and wonder how you got compromised right into the same mess you were trying to change. But do not think for one second that you watered down so called activists are going to push us out.

Quote Originally Posted by Chieppa1 View Post
    All I can say, is that I was in that chair, I would have done the same thing. Minus the volume of my voice. But I would hijack the $#@! out of a CNN TV show and personally embarrass Piers. Piers may have won politically, but he looked like such a wimpy little $#@! last night.

Are we still trying to compromise and play nice with the establishment? Why? I thought we learned from the last year that the system won't allow us to co-opt $#@!. Ever since this movement went to Washington, it's splintered and became some insecure mess. Why? Because I feel that too many people have gotten the taste of Washington now. We need a little less Jack Hunter, Jesse Benton, Freedomworks type strategy. We used to applaud the in-your-face actions. Like Kokesh at the convention before he took too much DMT. I like that $#@!. We applaud when it's done in other countries. But here it seems, the new "leaders" of this movement are very comfortable writing articles, Facebook posts, Youtube videos spreading opinions, when it used to be about just spreading KNOWLEDGE.

I don't know, I took Dr. Paul's message quite seriously when he spoke about how we are over the cliff as a nation, and only a change in the voters minds will save us. Playing nice with the media or Washington so that Rand Paul can MAYBE get a cabinet position in 2016 has nothing to do with my freedom.

I sound negative I know. But I see this movement is turning into a lot of different sects trying to influence the overall future of Liberty in this country. We have the FreedomWorks, YAL, Hunter, Youtube celebrity side. That uses words like "purge" when it comes to the Jones crowd. Then I see the old guard of 07, some of which (me included) are so turned off by the political dancing of Liberty candidates, and I guess "pundits". When I read the quotes in the OP, I just see the same media belittling we complain about on a daily basis.

When I read Hunter's comments, or that kid that I think is the President of YAL that always has some snarky FB remark towards the "truther" or "conspiracy crowd", I think of two things:

1) They are just attacking what they don't understand. They are attacking what makes them uncomfortable. They are attacking what they don't believe in. They are attacking what is different. They are attacking what is against their best interest. Sound familiar. And worst of all, they are attacking critical thinking and freedom of expression. I have no time for that. It's sad really.

2) "“The worst thing to call somebody is crazy. It's dismissive. "I don't understand this person. So they're crazy." That's bull$#@!. These people are not crazy." -Dave Chappelle

Just a $#@!ty job of following Ron Paul's footsteps. You know, the gentleman that never "purged" anyone and pretty much is the reason that YAL guy (or Mr. FreedomWorks) is even important.

I just want to get back to what got us here. Behind the scenes, grassroots efforts to educate the PEOPLE.

But let's instead spend 2 days pointing fingers at an Alex Jones. Like he's the actual reason our 2nd Amendment is under attack. It's under attack because of one thing; mindless masses that proudly admit to ignoring politics, unless Anderson Cooper tells them some something is important.

"Alex Jones hurts our movement!". Movement where? To the White House? To "take our government back!"? Does anyone really believe we are headed in that direction? I'm sure a ton of people here have some plan or theory about how we will take back our liberty through Washington in 2016. But the success I have seen is in the conversations I have on a daily basis. With normal people who see at least some of what we see.

Last night was entertainment, pure and simple. We act as if these individuals owe us something.

I speak for myself, and no one speaks for me. This should be a leaderless effort to educate. Like I think the doctor ordered.
    +rep

Quote Originally Posted by belian78 View Post
    Damn I wish I could buy you a beer right now. You summed up exactly how I feel about all these johnny come latelys, and the supposed 'veterans' of the liberty movement with their upturned noses at us folks that started this whole thing. You are 100% completely spot on right, cheers to you.
    There's no need to have this cry me a river mindset in dealing with how the bulk of the movement operates. The fact is, these figure heads of the RP movement will always have the vast majority of supporters tending to run with their tactics as they have the avenues and mouth pieces to organize said movement. Those that don't like it are free to do whatever they want to advance their version of how the movement should be ran but cohesiveness works better in the long run. That said, I'm neutral to these guys' take on Jones performance and really don't care one way or the other. I'd venture to say that those that do hold the view that Jones and whoever hurts the movement feel this way because they're constantly being lumped into a faction that they're not a fan of.

Go right ahead and schmooze to your heart's delight, be assimilated all you like. The old guard will keep on, keepin on and hold the torch while you look back and wonder how you got compromised right into the same mess you were trying to change. But do not think for one second that you watered down so called activists are going to push us out.
    Then how would you suggest this movement grows in both size and influence, if a percentage of it is so quick to criticize like-minded individuals like Hunter, Petersen, Kerry, Rand, Cruz, et al? For starters, just based on your statement above you have no place for folks like erowe and myself in your clique - now if half of the folks here are choosing them same path as people like myself are, you just alienated half of your potential audience. How can you then grow from where you are at now?
    Last edited by CaptLouAlbano; 01-08-2013 at 11:41 AM.

Here's a rule from the forum guidelines:
    Content Guidelines: The following guidelines regulate site content:

+ No promoting agendas that counter our Mission Statement.
    This does apply to being antagonistic against the campaigns that we are promoting when they're going on. People who want to do that may be able to up through 2014. But once Rand becomes the flagship here, then, yes, they will be pushed out. You probably know this already.

Here's a rule from the forum guidelines:

This does apply to being antagonistic against the campaigns that we are promoting when they're going on. People who want to do that may be able to up through 2014. But once Rand becomes the flagship here, then, yes, they will be pushed out. You probably know this already.
    Time will eventually tell who was in the right I suppose. I hope you are right actually, because if we are, it's all for the worse for our republic.

funny, all the people at my office thought the interview was awesome, and one person called Jones intelligent.
    these are average folk, not jones fan club.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by torchbearer View Post
    funny, all the people at my office thought the interview was awesome, and one person called Jones intelligent.
    You and them are completely wrong of course. /s

Personally, I haven't encountered anyone that watched it since there was a game on last night and a lot of other choices. The handful of people that have emailed me on it today saw some stuff on the news. Like I said, this was calculated - Jones was being Jones, and I am sure he will sell more water filters today than he did all last week.

The only reason Jack Hunter, Jesse Benton, Collins, etc keep attacking anyone who doesn't agree with their strategy, is because they are jockeying for power and control of a "movement" they can barely understand.

We could have all just gotten along, but it appears that the continuance of these attacks just furthers the division. so be it.

We could have all just gotten along, but it appears that the continuance of these attacks just furthers the division. so be it.
    It goes both ways though: one statement, one vote and there is a whole contingency that forms a lynch mob. There's a nice number of liberty candidates in the House right now. I bet that by summer time everyone of them will be raked over the coals and called "traitors to the movement" by some cabal here.

The only reason Jack Hunter, Jesse Benton, Collins, etc keep attacking anyone who doesn't agree with their strategy, is because they are jockeying for power and control of a "movement" they can barely understand.

that's the feeling i get too...
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

+rep.

Funny, the people I've spoken to about it thought he was insane and that it was entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNothing View Post
    Funny, the people I've spoken to about it thought he was insane and that it was entertaining.
    I guess I keep better company.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowlesy View Post
    I think the listeners he gains will not be from watching last night, but from those who have a morbid curiosity after listening to his crucifixtion in the media over the next 24 hours. They are not likely people to have their minds' changed. Hope I am wrong.
    Anyone with "morbid curiosity" enough to listen to a couple of Alex Jones shows and then follows up with enough "morbid curiosity" to actually look up some of the "crazy" information Jones talks about will likely change their mind and quit supporting big government. I look forward to more "curious" people looking up the Saudi Visa Express program.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    source:http://www.theblaze.com/stories/alex...-our-firearms/

your claim appears to be truthful.
    To be fair, there were quite a few negative comments as well.

Piers Morgan knew what he was doing to get Alex Jones on his show because Jones IS a right-wing zealot living in his own conspiracy theorist world. The LAST person you want arguing a 2nd Amendment case for us gun owners is Alex Jones. The dude is a liability that everyone needs to distance themselves from.
    Alex Jones LOST because he LOST his temper. Alex Jones has some good facts and then he says “How many chimpanzees can dance on the head of a pen?” Geez, Alex, why are you talking about great white sharks or jumping off the top of the Empire State Building? Suicide pills?? Alex can’t stay on topic!!

Serious question: Is Alex Jones mentally insane?
    Yeah, unfortunately Morgan won. Jones made the gun rights side look bad.
    It did seem positive overall though. Nevertheless, although I'm not a fan, I don't have any problem with Alex doing what he wants.

I'm surprised that Jack Hunter has not already written a blog about how stupid Ron Paul is for going on AJ's show tomorrow and the damage he is doing to the movement.

Alex Jones blamed the problems in American society on what he called “mass murder pills” and immediately attacked the corporate sponsor of CNN whom he tried to characterize as poisoning people with antidepressants so they would be motivated to commit murder. Although it is strange that Alex would make that claim as America always has been a statistically more violent nation compared to the UK even since before antidepressants were commonly distributed.

http://thelibertarianrepublic.com/yo...n-control-cnn/
    And here we go again. Just because Alex Jones talks about a lot of different "conspiracy" theories does not make everything he says automatically invalid. Jones is bombastic, but the danger and role of prescription drugs in these mass murder cases needs to be addressed. The manufacturers know what the side effects are. It's printed on the damn label! How can that be a "conspiracy"?!
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

I can't wait for the return of the Hale Bopp comet so AJ and all of his "awakened" followers can put on their Nikes and be gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruehound View Post
    I can't wait for the return of the Hale Bopp comet so AJ and all of his "awakened" followers can put on their Nikes and be gone.
    the statist are the ones drinking the kool-aid.
    The AJ people will have proper water filters.

Exclusive coverage of Alex's last trip with his followers to chase bilderbergs latest annual meeting...I wish i could find video evidence of when he had his followers running for the hills when he said the russians were setting off nukes in 2000.

Ron Paul let the cat out of the bag.

***Random Troll Analysis***Try Not to Engage With Trolls***
    itshappening: Incredibly naive with a hint of Alex Jonestown.
    compromise: Hilarious name states what it wants.
    AuH20: Self-righteous & insightful neocon. Smarter than you. Armed with a thesaurus.

***Honorable Mentions***
    Tpoints, Traditional Conservative, FreedomFanatic, TywinLannister, FreeHampshire, Giuliani was there on 911,
    RandRevolution

the statist are the ones drinking the kool-aid.
    The AJ people will have proper water filters.
    Sold to them of course by Alex Jones.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptLouAlbano View Post
    Sold to them of course by Alex Jones.
    well, he doesn't own the company, but he will make a cut.
    He is getting their product in front of people, people get paid for that...
    Unless you also have a problem with people getting paid.

You were one of the back stabbers, and you can't admit it. I know you'd love to talk yourself back into being able pretend you were in the right again. Feel free. I won't read it anyway.

Ron was happy about the rule change. He was probably in on it. He didn't want to be nominated. You and some others just didn't give a hoot what he wanted.
    LOL!
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast