Thread: Ron Paul Republicans Slowly, but Surely Taking Over State GOP Parties; Arizona, Florida, I

Ron Paul Republicans Slowly, but Surely Taking Over State GOP Parties; Arizona, Florida, I

Ron Paul Republicans Slowly, but Surely Taking Over State GOP Parties; Arizona, Florida, Iowa, Michigan

Since former Rep. Ron Paul’s last Presidential run, the Liberty Movement’s influence on the Republican Party has thickened and spread. Just in the past few weeks, multiple state GOPs have elected the Libertarian-leaning supporters to key positions within the party. As SLN reported, “The new additions to Michigan’s Republican Party are Andrew Fink, chairman; Amy Preston, vice chairwoman; Brad Shafer, secretary; and Eric Rothoff, treasurer.”

Michigan isn’t the only state that is seeing a change in ideology – Florida, Arizona and Iowa have all witnessed many “Ron Paul Republicans” become a part of the GOP. Specifically in Florida, Miami-Dade County has surprised many. Sunshine State News explained, “48 to 51 of the approximately 128 new committee persons seated Tuesday self-identify as supporters of Congressman Ron Paul’s Libertarianism/Conservatism…” going on to state, “Two Paul supporters were elected to the board of directors of Miami-Dade County’s Republican Executive Committee; one of the largest REC’s in the state: Rosa Palomino as vice chairwoman and Elizabeth Romney-Robayna as treasurer.”

In heavily contested and gritty Iowa, a fellow Rep. Paul and Liberty Movement supporter, A.J. Spiker managed reelection as the State’s GOP chairman. The Des Moines Register notes, “After Spiker was elected 11 months ago, he hired Paul movement members as executive director, communications director and finance director. Paul backers have the biggest footprint on the 18-member central committee.” In regards to Spiker and the GOP, The Iowa Republican Party website details, “His fellow former Ron Paul campaign vice-chair David Fischer was selected RPI co-chair.” Iowa’s GOP also elected Paul backer, John Kabitzke and Mark Donald to treasurer and secretary positions; showing a real thirst for civil liberties, sound money and non-interventionist foreign policy.

Long-time Republican and the co-chairman of the Iowa GOP, who lost to Spiker, Bill Schickel showed defiance against the Liberty Movement, saying, “The words are fine about reaching out and opening the doors of our party, but when our chair, our executive director, our communications director, our finance director are all from the Campaign for Liberty that sends a message that is disenfranchising to many, many of our Republicans,” to the GOP committee.

Finally, the state of Arizona has seen Ron Paul Republicans’ message resonate as well inside the GOP. In Mohave County, multiple Liberty Republicans claimed spots in the GOP. Joan Lewis was elected to 1st vice chair; Michelle Arnett received 2nd vice chair and Cassandra Mooneyham won secretary. According to Mooneyham, there were other counties as well that saw similar Ron Paul Republican achievements.

Mooneyham explained, “I see a trend toward holding our elected officials accountable. I also see many people who want to switch from a top down leadership to a bottom up within the Republican Party. They want the PC’s making the proposals to the State and National leadership versus the leadership dictating to the PC’s.”

As elections veer around for 2014 throughout the legislative branch, it is likely you may see many more Ron Paul Republicans take a seat on the Hill, in D.C.
    http://spreadlibertynews.com/ron-pau...iowa-michigan/
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    RON PAUL R3VOLUTION WINNING!

Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

I thought so too ^^

I put it on the front page.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

A real revolution!
    For the Republic! For the Cause!
    The Truth About Central Banking and Business Cycles
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaxIPPMR3fI#t=186