Thread: Chicago releases video of police shooting Paul O’Neal, unarmed black teen (GRAPHIC VIDEO)

Chicago releases video of police shooting Paul O’Neal, unarmed black teen (GRAPHIC VIDEO)

I didn't find a thread on this, so...

Chicago releases video of police shooting Paul O’Neal, unarmed black teen (GRAPHIC VIDEO)

Footage of the fatal encounter between Chicago police officers and unarmed black teenager Paul O’Neal has been released by the city. Police review agency chief described the video as “shocking,” while a family lawyer called it an “execution.”
    O’Neal was killed by CPD officers in Chicago’s South Shore neighborhood on July 28, after crashing a Jaguar convertible that was reported stolen earlier in the day in Bolingbrook, a suburb to the west. The Cook County medical examiner's office confirmed he was shot in the back.

On Friday, Chicago’s Independent Police Review Authority (IPRA) posted dashboard and body camera footage from four of the officers involved in the shooting.

Calling the footage of the shooting “shocking,” IPRA Chief Administrator Sharon Fairley said that the agency decided to release the videos before the 60-day timeline outlined in Chicago’s transparency policy because a determination was made “information can be released to the public without jeopardizing the investigation.”

“We are releasing this information that we understand is of utmost public interest,” Fairley said.

Video recordings show the Jaguar sideswiping one police cruiser before ramming another. O’Neal can be seen running from the car into a row of houses, with police in hot pursuit. While there is no video from the officer who cornered him, body cameras from two other officers show the aftermath, with a bloodied O’Neal lying on the ground.

“They shot at us too, right?” one officer asks. O’Neal had been unarmed.

“I shot at the car after it almost hit you,”says another.

“We just came from watching Chicago police officers execute Paul O’Neal,” Michael Oppenheimer, attorney for the family, told Chicago’s WBBM-TV. “It is one of the most horrific things that I have seen, aside from being in a movie.”

“I saw a police officer approach a lifeless O’Neal, face down to the ground, with three or four other officers over his body, screaming at him to put his hands behind his back, run up, stomp him in his back, and then grab his hands very violently, and put him in handcuffs, clearly lifeless,” Jedidiah Brown told WBBM.
    more at .. https://www.rt.com/usa/354794-oneal-...oting-graphic/
    "The Patriarch"

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    “I saw a police officer approach a lifeless O’Neal, face down to the ground, with three or four other officers over his body, screaming at him to put his hands behind his back, run up, stomp him in his back, and then grab his hands very violently, and put him in handcuffs, clearly lifeless,” Jedidiah Brown told WBBM.
    Well, after all, you can never be too careful when it comes to officer safety.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

He rammed the police. That is attempted murder......I don't know the facts yet so I will wait to judge.
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

You meet force with a clearly measured equal or greater amount of force to protect yourself. Of course the perp used force when he crashed into the cruiser (which was clearly attempting to ram him) and then he fled on foot. His fleeing is also force since his feet were in traction with the ground and propelling him forward (away from the heroes in blue). Then he used force to propel himself over the top of the gate which is clearly an escalation of force needed to get the altitude necessary to clear the gate. So, yeah, 10 or 15 rounds in the back ought to do it...
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

Quote Originally Posted by puppetmaster View Post
    He rammed the police. That is attempted murder......I don't know the facts yet so I will wait to judge.
    If they had shot him at that very moment or just before it might have been "self-defense." Shooting someone in the back as they are fleeing isn't self-defense.

Though I guess they could try to justify it under Tennessee v. Garner -- claiming that since he had already tried to harm officers he might do so again.
    Last edited by SeanTX; 08-06-2016 at 09:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanTX View Post
    If they had shot him at that very moment or just before it might have been "self-defense." Shooting someone in the back as they are fleeing isn't self-defense.

Though I guess they could try to justify it under Tennessee v. Garner -- claiming that since he had already tried to harm officers he might do so again.
    Maybe. Or a pose a threat to others.
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno

i agree...these incidents are getting FAR too common. Its time for drones, and hellfire missiles to put a stop to this crap.

Maybe. Or a pose a threat to others.
    You don't shoot people because "maybe".

If you or I did this, we'd be in jail.

Why do the heroes work under a separate set of laws?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The police or anyone else can shoot every thief they encounter as far as I'm concerned.

If that bastard was stealing *my* car, I would have shot him, given the opportunity.

I have no sympathy for thieves,.....none.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    The police or anyone else can shoot every thief they encounter as far as I'm concerned.

If that bastard was stealing *my* car, I would have shot him, given the opportunity.

I have no sympathy for thieves,.....none.
    Thats totally fine with me... just as long as you take responsibility and pay the price for killing any innocent bystanders.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    You don't shoot people because "maybe".

If you or I did this, we'd be in jail.

Why do the heroes work under a separate set of laws?
    Unless the person is shooting at you it is always a maybe. You make a calculated decision based on what you perceive as level of danger to yourself or others. Monday morning QBs and the officer can always second guess. But we(I) do not know the facts in this case so I won't judge.
    James Madison

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno

and the accused does not have a right to a trial ?
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Well,...if they're crawling in my window at 2 AM, I'm not calling the judge to make an appointment.

Well,...if they're crawling in my window at 2 AM, I'm not calling the judge to make an appointment.
    That is an entirely different situation. and there I am the same.

but I have experienced summery judgement,, for something I was innocent of.

I have an opinion of such.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

That is an entirely different situation. and there I am the same.

but I have experienced summery judgement,, for something I was innocent of.

I have an opinion of such.
    Well,...if that kid who stole the Jaguar was innocent, he should have pulled over and said so.

Unless the person is shooting at you it is always a maybe. You make a calculated decision based on what you perceive as level of danger to yourself or others. Monday morning QBs and the officer can always second guess. But we(I) do not know the facts in this case so I won't judge.
    What video did you watch?

I watched a bunch of enraged cops (partly because some sagging pants car thief was able to outrun and outjump them) let loose with fusillade of rounds in a residential neighborhood, enter property in that state (thanks Christ there was nobody's dog back there) and handcuff a dead guy.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Not in today's Amerika.

Well,...if that kid who stole the Jaguar was innocent, he should have pulled over and said so.
    I never said he was innocent.

I said he has a right to a trial. and fleeing arrest is not grounds for summary execution.

Resisting arrest is not grounds for execution.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

I think one needs to take into consideration that this occurred in Chicago, also.

Those cops are working in the killing fields.

There's a war going on in Chicago. Several of them, actually.

I think one needs to take into consideration that this occurred in Chicago, also.

The defendant has a right to a trial. The government does not the the right to shoot unless it is self defense. They are not soldiers, they are law enforcement officers.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    The defendant has a right to a trial. The government does not the the right to shoot unless it is self defense. They are not soldiers, they are law enforcement officers.
    Not in Smitty's world.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Bingo.

I never said he was innocent.

I said he has a right to a trial. and fleeing arrest is not grounds for summary execution.

Resisting arrest is not grounds for execution.
    i agree.
    James Madison

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno

Chicago you say...

a city long known for corruption and being run by gangsters. Their muscle wears blue uniforms.

any wars there are mob controlled,, and or instigated.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That cop at 0:42 came pretty close to shooting at the cop car.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    That cop at 0:42 came pretty close to shooting at the cop car.
    And if he would have killed the other cop then Paul Onaile had he survived, would have been the one charged for it. Just-Us!