Thread: Danny Glover: Krugman For Treasury Secretary !!!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Danny Glover: Krugman For Treasury Secretary !!!

Because actors are total economic wonks, I guess I'll have to set aside my usual ridicule of all things Krugman and give this some serious thought.
    (tick, tock, tick, tock.)

Bwahahahahahaha!

In my email, from MoveOn.org:

elow is an email from the actor Danny Glover, who worked with the organization Just Foreign Policy to create a petition that's taking off on SignOn.org, the nonprofit site that allows anyone to start their own online petition. If you have concerns or feedback about this petition, click here.

Dear MoveOn member,

Press reports say President Obama will soon nominate a new Treasury Secretary. Press speculation has centered on candidates likely to support the Wall Street agenda of cuts to Social Security and Medicare benefits and other domestic spending rather than government policies to create jobs.

We want President Obama to nominate Nobel Prize-winning economist Paul Krugman, who opposes austerity and wants the government to focus on creating jobs.

That's why I created a petition on SignOn.org to President Barack Obama, which says:

We urge you to nominate Paul Krugman for Treasury Secretary. Krugman will protect Social Security and Medicare from benefit cuts, promote policies to create jobs, and help defeat the austerity dogma in Washington and around the world.

Click here to add your name to this petition, and then pass it along to your friends.

Thanks!

–Danny Glover
    I broke the links. You guys don't need to be adding my name to these petitions!
    Last edited by angelatc; 01-06-2013 at 03:49 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.