Thread: Danny Glover: Krugman For Treasury Secretary !!!

Danny Glover: Krugman For Treasury Secretary !!!

Because actors are total economic wonks, I guess I'll have to set aside my usual ridicule of all things Krugman and give this some serious thought.
    (tick, tock, tick, tock.)

Bwahahahahahaha!

In my email, from MoveOn.org:

elow is an email from the actor Danny Glover, who worked with the organization Just Foreign Policy to create a petition that's taking off on SignOn.org, the nonprofit site that allows anyone to start their own online petition. If you have concerns or feedback about this petition, click here.

Dear MoveOn member,

Press reports say President Obama will soon nominate a new Treasury Secretary. Press speculation has centered on candidates likely to support the Wall Street agenda of cuts to Social Security and Medicare benefits and other domestic spending rather than government policies to create jobs.

We want President Obama to nominate Nobel Prize-winning economist Paul Krugman, who opposes austerity and wants the government to focus on creating jobs.

That's why I created a petition on SignOn.org to President Barack Obama, which says:

We urge you to nominate Paul Krugman for Treasury Secretary. Krugman will protect Social Security and Medicare from benefit cuts, promote policies to create jobs, and help defeat the austerity dogma in Washington and around the world.

Click here to add your name to this petition, and then pass it along to your friends.

Thanks!

–Danny Glover
    I broke the links. You guys don't need to be adding my name to these petitions!
    Last edited by angelatc; 01-06-2013 at 03:49 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Danny Glover is a strong supporter of the Communist/Progressive movement.
    ----

Ron Paul Forum's Mission Statement:

Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

WTF is it with all these Hollywood types? Is being a complete moron a requirement for casting, or what?
    Knowledge will forever govern ignorance; and a people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives. -James Madison

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post

Dear MoveOn member,
    I always had my suspicions about you.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by James Madison View Post
    WTF is it with all these Hollywood types? Is being a complete moron a requirement for casting, or what?
    It's a liberal industry. Go along to get along?

I saw this on reddit the other day, I'm just.... Everytime I think people can't show me any more stupidity, I'm surprised yet again.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    It's a liberal industry. Go along to get along?
    But Hollywood is filled with evil rich people, and MSNBC told me only Conservatives can be evil rich people.
    Knowledge will forever govern ignorance; and a people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives. -James Madison

This would be a good time to remind everyone that Hollywood got the single biggest serving of pork from the last minute fiscal cliff spending bill.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by James Madison View Post
    But Hollywood is filled with evil rich people, and MSNBC told me only Conservatives can be evil rich people.
    Marxists become Fascists the minute they become rich, yet they tend to keep the Marxist rhetoric.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Sure, elect Krug to Sec of Treasury, shortly after that we'll be preparing for an alien invasion.

I wish actors would stay out of politics and stick to the screen, where I can enjoy them in roles that don't threaten my freedom.
    Ronald Reagan is proof enough of this.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Because actors are total economic wonks, I guess I'll have to set aside my usual ridicule of all things Krugman and give this some serious thought.
    (tick, tock, tick, tock.)

Bwahahahahahaha!

I broke the links. You guys don't need to be adding my name to these petitions!
    The link in the QUOTE is not broken, it's takes you to the petition.

I 100% support this. Krugman is always able to get out of the spending trap by saying they didn't do it they way they should, well now man up. Show us krugman, just how $#@!ing great you really aren't.

On a side note, how does government create jobs without corporatism or just employing them?
    As long as you let government spend your money, they will always spend it on those who lobby for it over those who vote for it because they lied to you to get it, and they will spend it on those who best enable them to keep lying and spending your money.

Vomit.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Danny Glover is getting to old for this $#@!.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    Vomit.
    We're all going to vomit if Obama takes the suggestion.

He's Keynesian and an ego driven idiot, to boot.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Marxists become Fascists the minute they become rich, yet they tend to keep the Marxist rhetoric.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    I always had my suspicions about you.
    I signed up under the name "Republican Spy," and it's been that way for years. Sometimes they offer to let me phone bank for them, but I don't.

Danny must be a great actor. He convinced everyone at rpf hes not acting.
    Ron Paul let the cat out of the bag.

***Random Troll Analysis***Try Not to Engage With Trolls***
    itshappening: Incredibly naive with a hint of Alex Jonestown.
    compromise: Hilarious name states what it wants.
    AuH20: Self-righteous & insightful neocon. Smarter than you. Armed with a thesaurus.

***Honorable Mentions***
    Tpoints, Traditional Conservative, FreedomFanatic, TywinLannister, FreeHampshire, Giuliani was there on 911,
    RandRevolution

Quote Originally Posted by akforme View Post
    I 100% support this. Krugman is always able to get out of the spending trap by saying they didn't do it they way they should, well now man up. Show us krugman, just how $#@!ing great you really aren't.

On a side note, how does government create jobs without corporatism or just employing them?
    Krugman is a master at talking out his butt. He said we needed a stimulus, but when it didn't work, he said it was because we needed a bigger stimulus. Obviously.

Speaking of actors, has anyone else noticed how lifelike Chris Matthews, and the other talking heads seem on movies. Like in "The Campaign". Maybe they act all the time.
    Best of luck in life.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.