Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Here we go! One of our own takes on Reince Priebus for GOP Chairmanship

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Here we go! One of our own takes on Reince Priebus for GOP Chairmanship

So its official, one of our very own RP/Liberty GOP national committeemen from Maine is getting ready to go toe-to-toe with Reince Preibus.

We know the odds are against us but it is nothing new and nothing we can't handle.

Let's make our first crack at the national GOP Chairmanship one that they will remember!

Sign the petition here:
    http://stepdownnow.com/sign-the-petition/

If you are connected in anyway to the GOP National committeemen/women or can in anyway get in contact with them, please try your best to get this letter to them.

http://stepdownnow.com/we-asked-mark...maine-replied/

When approached a few days ago by Bryan Daugherty of Bangor, Maine who is closely tied to the Republican grassroots and social media teams, such as the team who built www.stepdownnow.com this past week, I had a hard time believing that not one candidate had yet stepped forward to challenge the current RNC Chairman. However, upon further research, I discovered that it was in fact true – no other candidate had stepped up or emerged at this time.

Let me begin by saying that I am honored to find my name on the short list as a potential candidate next to two great statesmen, Congressman Ron Paul and Senator Jim DeMint. As we all know, these two men have fought the good fight for years on Capitol Hill – lower taxes, less spending, and an overall decentralized Federal Government that would actually abide by the Constitution. Sadly, they seem to be two outgoing voices in the wilderness of an out of control Federal Government with few replacements on the horizon. Men perhaps of a different age – principled leaders are hard to come by these days.

Therefore, after much deliberation and discussion with my wife Violet, I let Bryan know that due to the fact that no one has stepped up to the plate, I would in fact run for Chairman of the RNC, provided I would receive, in writing, the support of at least 2 RNC members in 3 states (minimum of 6 persons) in order to satisfy the RNC nomination requirements. The election takes place on Friday, January 25th, 2013 in Charlotte, North Carolina.

If this requirement is satisfied by the time of the election, then ladies and gentlemen, we have an election to win. However, let me be clear that I would not be running for RNC Chair out of malice but at the behest of the grassroots of the Republican Party.

The grassroots are the lifeblood of the Republican Party – always have been and always will be. For the grassroots man the phones at the Victory centers, go door to door with candidates, organize fundraisers as well as attend speeches and events. Without the grassroots support, candidates would be standing at a podium, speaking to an empty auditorium with a few Party members off to the side and the rear.

Without the grassroots the Republican Party is an empty passenger ship at sea without a rudder, captained by a few in the bridge who never took the time to go down below deck in order to realize all the cabins were empty. The Republican Party has turned its back on the grassroots one too many times and we desperately need them to stay involved.

For example, as one of the duly elected Maine delegates that was unseated in Tampa I know the impact such heavy-handed decisions can have not just on the delegation, but the morale of the grassroots back home. In the case of Maine, we came home heroes due to the fact that we never gave in as a delegation and even though half of our duly elected delegation was unseated, we refused to take the deals that were offered. We stood up for what was right and never wavered.

Furthermore, those of us who were at the Tampa Convention were outraged at the “gavel up, gavel down” approach with regards to the rules that were adopted as well. Many states, such as New Hampshire, Nevada, Texas, Minnesota, and North Carolina have passed resolutions condemning these rules for if they are not changed, the grassroots will be completely cut out of the 2016 Presidential election process.

Regarding these new rules, many of you know that Rule 12 gives unprecedented power to the RNC to change party rules without the input and/or approval of state parties and their members while Rule 16 removes the rights of states to choose their own delegates by forcing all state parties to allocate and bind the state’s delegation to the National Convention through Presidential Preference Polls.

Furthermore, Rule 16 also allows the presumptive Presidential candidate to disavow (“veto”) any bound and/or allocated delegate and alternate delegate before the national convention for any reason whatsoever and Rule 40 now requires an eight (8) state majority to nominate an individual for President and/or Vice President where it previously required a five (5) state plurality.

Therefore, based upon these new rules and the behavior of our Chairman in Tampa, I present the following roadmap for your consideration, a more formal plan to be presented in the near future:

1. Repeal the new RNC rules adopted in Tampa, replace them with the former 2008 rules, apologize to the GOP grassroots for being overzealous and promise that such behavior will never happen again.

2. Re-evaluate the RNC’s relationship with the GOP grassroots – the key being adopting ideas from the bottom up instead of a top down, RNC knows best approach.

3. Return as much autonomy to state parties as possible. If we believe in a decentralized Federal Government, then the RNC needs to walk the talk.

4. Attract more Independent and disillusioned Democrats the way Ronald Reagan did: with a firm grasp of the issues and facts while at the same time, explaining and educating those new members about the cause of Liberty and Conservatism.

5. Go on the offensive against the Democrats. For far too long, we as Republicans tend to sit back and play defense. It is time we step up and present this Party as one of clear contrast to the Democrats.

6. Apply pressure to our Federally elected officials that behavior such as Speaker Boehner purging conservatives and libertarians from committee assignments will not be tolerated.

In conclusion, I say, if we are truly the party of liberty, equality and favoritism for none, then let’s start acting like it by embracing the grassroots once and for all! Welcome them, don’t push them away, discourage them and then expect their vote in November. Let us build a stronger political body that can defeat the Democrats, election after election. For if we do not, such behavior only ensures our impending demise.

In Liberty,

Mark D. Willis

National Committeeman Maine Republican Party

Dennysville, Maine
    Last edited by eleganz; 01-10-2013 at 12:27 AM.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You don't have to be connected, we were emailing committeemen during RNC there is a list somewhere, we need to find it again.

I mean, obviously connected is better, but polite interest can be shown regardless....
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

:
    Last edited by No1butPaul; 01-06-2013 at 12:46 AM.
    "We live in an age where things change rather rapidly, whether politically or economically and certainly in foreign policy things change, so this whole ball game can change rather rapidly.” ― Ron Paul

+
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

If we do not win this we are doomed!! We need to get that one new rule change out that was implemented or else we are screwed. This is the only hope we have of beating the GOP and helping someone like a Rand Paul to win!

Much like Boehner, Priebus, while not liked by some in his base, has had more visibility and exposure to the public than Mr. Willis here has. Seeing as Priebus would already have the backing to keep him as Chairman anyway, I don't really see this as toppling him as much as it would make a dent in his armor, the same way the defections from re-voting for Boehner as Speaker did.

The election loss after the false coronation of Romney is big, but is it big enough to cause enough people to reject him? Even when media outlets are already saying that he's maintaining Republican support? I doubt it. Not being pessimistic, just realistic.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...espite-losses/

Mr.NoSmile,
    You don't hit a target by lowering the muzzle too low, especially if the target is farther away. And yes, raising too high will miss also, so we must keep it steady and on target, always. One must aim to hit anything desirable.
    Last edited by ClydeCoulter; 01-06-2013 at 08:43 AM.

Finally something to get pumped about.
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    —Charles Mackay

"god i fucking wanna rip his balls off and offer them to the gods"
    -Anonymous

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    HUZZAH
    "Governor, if I had foreseen the use those people
    designed to make of their victory,
    there would have been no surrender at
    Appomattox Courthouse; no sir, not by me.
    Had I foreseen these results of subjugation,
    I would have preferred to die at Appomattox
    with my brave men, my sword in my right hand." - Robert E. Lee to Governor Fletcher S. Stockdale (D-Texas), 1870

He needs a plan, agenda, manifesto, project, document, resolution..... something to show people what he is about and not just go there and say "Here I am"... His "roadmap" is not it. It is too small and too vague (it got good ideas but it is not it). Even if he doesnt win it is a great way to present libertarian ideas to new people in power.

P.s.

I wish him luck.
    Today I decided to get banned and spam activism on this forum...

SUPPORT RANDPAULDIGITAL GRASSROOTS PROJECTS TODAY!

http://i.imgur.com/SORJlQ5.png

For more info. or to help spread the word, go to the promotion thread here.

Quote Originally Posted by orenbus View Post
    If I had to answer this question truthfully I'd probably piss a lot of people off lol, Barrex would be a better person to ask he doesn't seem to care lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrex View Post
    He needs a plan, agenda, manifesto, project, document, resolution..... something to show people what he is about and not just go there and say "Here I am"... His "roadmap" is not it. It is too small and too vague (it got good ideas but it is not it). Even if he doesnt win it is a great way to present libertarian ideas to new people in power.

P.s.

I wish him luck.
    Well don't just wish him luck. You can help him get there too.

Most of us have nothing better to do these days anyways hahah.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    Well don't just wish him luck. You can help him get there too.

Most of us have nothing better to do these days anyways hahah.
    I am currently working on NGO network in Europe... megalomaniac evil project that I had in mind for few years now...something like middle finger to EU and all european governments... and there is limit to what I am legally allowed to do.

If I can help I will be glad to.
    Today I decided to get banned and spam activism on this forum...

SUPPORT RANDPAULDIGITAL GRASSROOTS PROJECTS TODAY!

http://i.imgur.com/SORJlQ5.png

For more info. or to help spread the word, go to the promotion thread here.

Quote Originally Posted by orenbus View Post
    If I had to answer this question truthfully I'd probably piss a lot of people off lol, Barrex would be a better person to ask he doesn't seem to care lol.

Thumbs up

I wish Mr. Willis the very best of luck and I will be watching what occurs with great interest and willing him to succeed, especially after the quite disgraceful way the delegation from Maine was treated at the RNC. Those people were heroic, there's no other word for it. And Nevada too, of course
    Last edited by Britannia; 01-06-2013 at 06:59 PM.

We need to make him appealing to all people who identify with the tea party, not just liberty folk.
    "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."
    - Benjamin Franklin

"No freeman shall be taken, imprisoned, or in any other way destroyed, except by the lawful judgment of his peers."
    - Magna Carta

Wish I could find that list, I can't even find any contact info for one of my own committeemen tho I had previously. I'm almost certain that my guy (Dave Agema) would back this ME dude.

Quote Originally Posted by FSP-Rebel View Post
    Wish I could find that list, I can't even find any contact info for one of my own committeemen tho I had previously. I'm almost certain that my guy (Dave Agema) would back this ME dude.
    I'll give it a shot
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    here is a bunch of contact info, note it is as of August and some of the states picked different Committeemen/women for after RNC (not most, though.)

ATTENTION credentials contests : email addresses for 145 of the 168 voting members of RNC : http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...members-of-RNC

there was another thread I am still looking for

--
    edit, here it is: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...epersons/page3
    Last edited by sailingaway; 01-06-2013 at 12:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    here is a bunch of contact info, note it is as of August and some of the states picked different Committeemen/women for after RNC (not most, though.)

ATTENTION credentials contests : email addresses for 145 of the 168 voting members of RNC : http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...members-of-RNC

there was another thread I am still looking for

--
    edit, here it is: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...epersons/page3
    Unfortunately, the person who posted a link to the spreadsheet containing nat'l com folks email addies no longer works for some reason.
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/95122650/rn...mbers-2012.xls

Unfortunately, the person who posted a link to the spreadsheet containing nat'l com folks email addies no longer works for some reason.
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/95122650/rn...mbers-2012.xls
    I'll try pm'ing them.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Here is the Facebook page promoting his election:
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mark-...08904252521639
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Thumbs up Liberty candidate challanges Priebus for RNC chair

From Facebook:

Chris Dixon 8:37am Jan 6

HUGE news. Maines Republican National Committeeman Mark Willis, who spoke a lot about the Tenth Amendment and nullification in his floor speech at the State Convention, is running against Priebus for RNC chair. Mark is a solid liberty guy and big on food sovereignty, as a small farmer in Northern Maine.

Here is his Facebook page:
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mark-...stream&__req=b
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

this has already been posted sir

164 RNC members exist to selection the chairman.

How many do we have? Spiker and Smack?

Quote Originally Posted by Agorism View Post
    164 RNC members exist to selection the chairman.

How many do we have? Spiker and Smack?
    We have some committeemen and women, we elected Joe Miller's wife, people in Maine, etc etc, our MN person we had lost, don't know if we got her back yet, we expected to the next election cycle. Not sure when MN does that.

And for all we know, a bunch of them don't have strong feelings on this. Politely reaching out to your voting RNC reps isn't that hard. I posted the email list earlier in this thread, although it needs a little updating here and there.
    Last edited by sailingaway; 01-06-2013 at 08:17 PM.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    We have some committeemen and women, we elected Joe Miller's wife, people in Maine, etc etc, our MN person we had lost, don't know if we got her back yet, we expected to the next election cycle. Not sure when MN does that.

And for all we know, a bunch of them don't have strong feelings on this. Politely reaching out to your voting RNC reps isn't that hard. I posted the email list earlier in this thread, although it needs a little updating here and there.
    A lot of these confrontations come down to second and third round voting with margins of 0-5 or whatever so if you have 10 member block that becomes huge.

1. this is awesome.
    2. what are his creds beyond what has already been stated? Does he have any national experience?
    3. what are our chances?
    The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws

Just wondering if there is anything we can do to help him? can we donate to some sort of campaign or promote him. I want to help to have one of ares to win!

This might make other people throw their hat into the ring now. Might be a good thing having a bunch of people gunning for Priebus.

Quote Originally Posted by Bastiat's The Law View Post
    This might make other people throw their hat into the ring now. Might be a good thing having a bunch of people gunning for Priebus.
    But might too many split the anti-Priebus vote and leave him in charge anyway?
    Last edited by BSU kid; 01-06-2013 at 08:37 PM.
    "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."
    - Benjamin Franklin

"No freeman shall be taken, imprisoned, or in any other way destroyed, except by the lawful judgment of his peers."
    - Magna Carta

Quote Originally Posted by BSU kid View Post
    But might too many split the anti-Priebus vote and leave him in charge anyway?
    My reasoning was if other people jumped in to challenge Priebus, especially well-known people, then Priebus would likely step down.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast