Thread: Everybody saw the housing crisis, nobody sees the dollar crisis.

Everybody saw the housing crisis, nobody sees the dollar crisis.

I made the mistake of getting into politics on a fishing forum. Oops! I told them I thought we'd see high inflation coming soon. I was ridiculed. Lot's of hostility. I responded that people who predicted the crash in 2008 were also ridiculed. The overwhelming response was that everybody all saw that crash coming. So I told them that far more people are predicting high inflation than were predicting a crash in 2008. And I've heard similar responses from lot's of people. Basically, "yeah everybody knew there was going to be a housing crisis and stock market crash but there's no way we're going to have high inflation."

Am I remembering wrong? It seems to me it's the reverse. I think a lot more people are predicting high inflation now compared the the number of people predicting a crash back in 2008.
    Last edited by Madison320; 01-05-2013 at 11:06 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Been there, bought the t-shirt and the shot-glass.

You are correct, the vast vast vast majority of people in 2008 were predicting blue skies and rainbows, and only a fraction of a fraction foresaw the housing crisis. I also agree that more people now foresee a potential hyperinflationary crisis than foresaw the housing crisis.

Also I would say the reasons for both predictions are about the same, too much debt.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    Been there, bought the t-shirt and the shot-glass.

You are correct, the vast vast vast majority of people in 2008 were predicting blue skies and rainbows, and only a fraction of a fraction foresaw the housing crisis. I also agree that more people now foresee a potential hyperinflationary crisis than foresaw the housing crisis.
    I would like a shot glass .