Thread: Peter Konetchy (R) to Challenge Rep. Dave Camp (R-MI 4) in 2014!

Peter Konetchy (R) to Challenge Rep. Dave Camp (R-MI 4) in 2014!

Twitter: https://twitter.com/PeterKonetchy
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pkonetchy

I disagree with Camp on key issues driving federal policy, such as spending, taxation, and adhering to the Constitution. Camp ignores constitutional restrictions against the federal abuse of power. He no longer fights to secure our liberties, but wants to compromise, negotiate, and implement “big-government” solutions at the direct expense of our God-given, constitutionally protected, rights. It’s the exact opposite of what we should be doing. To survive as a nation we must get back to our constitutional roots, and Camp is allowing us to be drawn in the wrong direction.
    With Camp’s support, the President now has the authority to detain any American indefinitely, without charges, legal counsel, or a trial of his peers. These actions directly negate our constitutional rights and I find them unacceptable.
    I definitely believe he would be an excellent replacement. Thoughts?

Article: http://www.mlive.com/news/saginaw/in...peter_kon.html

In a press release announcing his candidacy, Konetchy criticizes Camp, claiming the congressman has failed to use his influence on the House Ways and Means Committee to cut federal spending. His campaign website, www.peterkonetchy.com, features a comparison of how the candidate says he differs from Camp on issues.

"If you cherish personal liberty along with the unbridled opportunity that is afforded by a constitutionally limited government, and if you're tired of politicians wasting our money, bankrupting our children, driving our jobs overseas, regulating our economy into oblivion, compromising away our God-given rights, and forcing programs such as Obamacare upon us while having the gall to exempt themselves, then have the courage to support me, Peter Konetchy, to represent you in Washington," he said.
    Last edited by Spoa; 07-24-2013 at 07:17 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Imagine if Volaric can defeat Miller and Konetchy can defeat Camp...that would be another two allies for Amash in his own state.

While I share your enthusiasm, the only way these guys are gonna knock off incumbents is to have an exceptional ground game and plenty of volunteers. Idk the pulse in either situation but I have seen both Don and Pete speak before. Don seems to have a spark about him and is pretty slick. Pete can go on and on about the Constitution and similar issues but doesn't really generate excitement. But like I said, it's all about the ground game and mass canvassing.

I love the new breed of Michigan Republican. Old Right all the way.
    "Unlike my opponents, I'm not running from my voting record. I'm not running from my public statements. I'm not running from my predictions. I'm running on them." -Ron Paul

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." - H.L. Mencken

I am a non-interventionist,anti-Fed, anti-drug war socially conservative Paul supporter(i.e. paleocon)