Thread: Discussion/Plan "So they say Ron Paul supporter controlled GOPs can't make $' MONEYBOMB

Discussion/Plan "So they say Ron Paul supporter controlled GOPs can't make $' MONEYBOMB

Ron Paul R3VOLution Lives MONEYBOMB

On the heels of stories saying Ron Paul supporters are dangerous controlling state GOPs because corporatist donors who expect to buy politicians won't give money (well, they put it a little differently) some of us were discussing having a money bomb to support 'our' GOPs (or pacs to make GOPs ours in the states where we just barely missed enough votes to make them ours.)http://www.desmoinesregister.com/article/20130104/NEWS09/301040030/1007/news05

The rough idea is a facebook page or web page (depending on what we can get up) where on a particular day people donate to the Ron Paul GOP party of their choice, such as Iowa, Nevada, Minnesota, etc or maybe to pacs supporting our candidates and party participation efforts in states where we barely missed taking the party (Maine, etc.)

All of these entities chosen would be on a web page or facebook page and donations would be made through links on that page. I'm hoping someone would step up to create the ticker to count the total going to 'our' GOPs, but as the lowest tech alternative we could just go to 'our' parties and ask them to let us know a few times a day how much they got in donations. The bells and whistles would depend on how much support, tech-wise and organization wise, we put behind it.

There was enough support for this when I made a comment about it in some threads yesterday, here and at DP, that I thought it was worth starting a thread for people to say if they would support it with time/money and to get ideas to make it better.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by sailingaway; 01-05-2013 at 11:40 AM.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    Ron Paul R3VOLution Lives MONEYBOMB

On the heels of stories saying Ron Paul supporters are dangerous controlling state GOPs because corporatist donors who expect to buy politicians won't give money (well, they put it a little differently) some of us were discussing having a money bomb to support 'our' GOPs (or pacs to make GOPs ours in the states where we just barely missed enough votes to make them ours.)

The rough idea is a facebook page or web page (depending on what we can get up) where on a particular day people donate to the Ron Paul GOP party of their choice, such as Iowa, Nevada, etc or maybe to pacs supporting our candidates and party participation efforts in states where we barely missed taking the party (Maine, etc.)

All of these entities chosen would be on a web page or facebook page and donations would be made through links on that page. I'm hoping someone would step up to create the ticker to count the total going to 'our' GOPs, but as the lowest tech alternative we could just go to 'our' parties and ask them to let us know a few times a day how much they got in donations. The bells and whistles would depend on how much support, tech-wise and organization wise, we put behind it.

There was enough support for this when I made a comment about it in some threads yesterday, here and at DP, that I thought it was worth starting a thread for people to say if they would support it with time/money and to get ideas to make it better.

Thoughts?
    I'm in. Lets do it.
    Libertarian Republican trying to help break the one-party state in Massachusetts

Looking for new liberty candidates for 2014 and beyond

Quote Originally Posted by mz10 View Post
    I'm in. Lets do it.
    a few people already chimed in on the other thread yesterday, as well, but if you would support this, with time and/or money, please bump it.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    thanks!

here is the DP thread, if people who have accounts there want to bump it or upvote it: http://www.dailypaul.com/268695/disc...omment-2890463

Let's do it.

https://www.facebook.com/ronpaul/posts/130980400397530

Thank you for your order!

Order Information
    Merchant: Republican Party of Iowa
    Description: Iowa GOP Single Donation
    Invoice Number: 167_194_404664

Total: US $10.00

How about you contact Iowa dudes and (what is female term for female dudes? dudenesses? by the way dude=breasts on my language...) and ask them how, when and coordinate a little bit? I hated lack of coordination in presidential campaign and misunderstandings then and I would hate to see it now... but I am weird that way...

Upvoted and bumped...
    Today I decided to get banned and spam activism on this forum...

SUPPORT RANDPAULDIGITAL GRASSROOTS PROJECTS TODAY!

http://i.imgur.com/SORJlQ5.png

For more info. or to help spread the word, go to the promotion thread here.

Quote Originally Posted by orenbus View Post
    If I had to answer this question truthfully I'd probably piss a lot of people off lol, Barrex would be a better person to ask he doesn't seem to care lol.

Basically, what I posted at DP:
    We need to get our tech people on to promote this. This is one of the most important things we can do to further our influence in the GOP: show that when liberty-minded folk achieve leadership status that we can bring loot to the table. Unfortunately, as our movement matures the more it will be on us to fund state parties and not just wait for elections. We're buying our ideas into one of the major parties and our influence will decide what candidates run where and have more supervision over those running for reelection. Also, maintaining our delegates status is very important to make sure we keep gaining a bigger foothold into said party. I, for one, think we should focus on IA first and see how it goes. Then, we see what improvements we need to make to go bigger for NV and so forth. Getting Ron/Rand in on this in some way would go a very long way even if they just did a facebook post that promo'd whatever FB page/date we make for this.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I don't think we should just focus on Iowa because some may want to donate to their states, and the total might be more impressive than one particular state. but let's see how people feel. I think we need to see if it it catches on, and if it does, Ron would likely promote it on his facebook page, but I was thinking we have our own stake in this and should be able to get it going. The moneybombs were OURS. But again, what we want is maximum participation, so let's see what catches on.

Fem of dude = dudette

bump

my humble opinion.. this should be a coordinated effort all on one day so our numbers can be felt AND NOT JUST ON FRAUDBOOK!
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

Thank you everyone for your support. We're making a push for a contribution surge over this weekend to take advantage of the message from Ron Paul on his facebook page. We would definitely appreciate a contribution at our donate page.
    - Steve

"To whom much is given, of him much shall be required." - Luke 12:48

Quote Originally Posted by FSP-Rebel View Post
    Basically, what I posted at DP:
    Basically. This is what I allude to when it comes to getting the word out about elections, meetings, voting and the like. The fact that there's such high motivation among is great, but if the numbers aren't there and enough people aren't in the loop about plans, then it's all for moot. I'm all for the idea, but before you do go forward, in order to maximize the amount of interest, it'd be best to pass this idea to as many listservs, liberty-minded online forums, groups, Facebook groups and pages (especially since there can be so many, even for a single person, candidate or state) so at least the word is out. That way, come fundraising time, if interest isn't high, you won't be left wondering why because maybe enough people weren't informed about it. It's good to have interest on this forum, but each person could draw interest even by just posting it on a Facebook group to draw attention. There is indeed strength in numbers, even if it's just by word of mouth. From there, you just hope all those eyes and 'likes' translate into actual help when the time comes.

...that was unnecessarily long.

I'm interested, even though I'm broke. Probably all I'd be able to donate is 10 bucks.

Maybe not possible for this but ...
    I think a money bomb would be more fun if we made a competition out of it. Say it goes one for 3 days - the first day only the west coast states donate, 2nd day the midwest state, 3rd the east coast ... or something to that effect.

I also think a better "score keeper" would be the amount of people who donated $10 or more, not the total amount in donations. I think that would make people feel much more a part of something when they donate and less insignificant if all they can afford is a small amount - small amounts add up and everything counts.

(for presidential races I think this would be fun to do over the period of a week and each state is its own team, the score would be kept by the amount of donors per capita)
    ^I know all the above is too intensive on the amount of planning needed, especially for the amount of time we have. Just wanted to introduce the concept in case we thought it might be a better "next time" plan.^

Is there any "max" as when in donating to an individual?
    Also, I believe there is a program mechanism to break down donations by individual and amount.

See, the whole IDEA was to remove the influence money had over the elections. Yet these guys hide behind the fact that money helps keep the olde guard safe.

Ron Paul supporters still hold the record for donations that are not from a corporate sponsor.

The overlooked truth here is how Ron Paul's revival of the ideals of liberty is actually a healthier environment for business anyways.

The corporate sponsors would come if they knew it would create a better economic framework for them to do business in.

This is all just posturing and fear mongering to try and scare people into turning away from liberty and back into the statist ideals of the GOP and the DLC and their influence.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm donating the the Iowa GOP right now. Probably only $50..but it's something. If I can get 100 more people to match me it would be equivalent to one of the big rich donors they lost.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveBierfeldt View Post
    Thank you everyone for your support. We're making a push for a contribution surge over this weekend to take advantage of the message from Ron Paul on his facebook page. We would definitely appreciate a contribution at our donate page.
    I donated today and as you note Ron has it on Facebook, so maybe it's a quick "Iowa blitz" weekend, but I still think the bigger effort is worthwhile on a longer timeframe, engaging more media as others have suggested. Please do let us know how it goes this weekend

Never in my life did I think I would be donating to a state GOP.

Gonna have to be careful with this one. If it gets to highly promoted and it flops it would re-enforce their concerns. I honestly don't see it doing any better then some of the smaller offices money bombs that were done for Bills, Amash etc. Personally I've decided to only give money to people that I want to see win rather then give it to a GOP party that may or may not do what I like with it.

I haven't donated since Kerry's MB... i'm down to give money to Spiker and the rest of the Iowa GOP.

This is a fight we cannot lose.
    It's just an opinion... man...

I donated.
    "The average person figures that the president tells the truth, the vice president tells the truth, the secretary of state tell the truth; and they don't. They don't. The founders understood that people would be flawed, that political leaders would not be the best of men … so they set forth the constitution. We don't follow the constitution in this country; had we done so in 2001 and 2002, the world would be a different place" - Karen Kwiatkowski

The current chairman, Spiker, defended the party’s finances, saying it has $400,000 in the bank that is neither national Victory money that will be routed to cover presidential campaign expenses nor money earned by Iowa legislative leaders for Iowa House and Senate races. He said “despite some of unfounded criticisms being leveled,” he has worked closely with all factions of the Iowa GOP, not just Paul backers. He said he’s confident his 12-month fundraising program will meet the 2013 goals set out in the party’s budget.

We need to find out what Iowa's fundraising goal is and then double it with a moneybomb. Send a big "up yours" to the non-believers .

Sounds good.

Make sure we:

Wait until all the elections have taken place and have a comprehensive list of all the friendly state and county parties.

We need to make sure that the major people are on board and promoting (Ron, Rand, Amash, extra).

Getting some big donors would be good too (Liberty for all PAC?).

This year is a good time to do it since there are no elections to siphon off donations.

Communication and coordination with friendly parties would be good too. They can send out invitations to their regular donor lists they have access to.
    Last edited by Adrock; 01-06-2013 at 12:00 AM.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    put in my fair share / hopefully we can get an update on the progress sometime this next week

__________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst