Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: American imprisoned in Iran

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    First, this is a sad story. Second, have you ever heard of the SAVAK?

Well many of the people who were oppressed and tortured under the Shah are no longer around. Many of the people who remembered the United States assisting the SAVAK with 'useful' torture instructionals have forgotten as well. I am sure there is still some resentment over there. I'd be pretty pissed off as well if I were in their shoes.
    Sounds terrible.

Based on your link it stopped operating a couple years before this Pastor was born. The Pastor was born in Iran so punishing him for actions of the United States before he was born would be quite foolish. Rather they should let him go free to his family.
    Ron Paul: "For those who have asked, I freely confess that Jesus Christ is my personal Savior, and that I seek His guidance in all that I do."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    http://www.christianpost.com/news/pa...j-hopes-93538/

The American Center for Law and Justice is not giving up on its campaign for Pastor Saeed Abedini, the U.S. citizen imprisoned in Tehran, Iran, and is starting a letter-writing initiative for his birthday.

"We've obtained the address of Evin Prison, and our goal is to flood that prison with thousands of messages of encouragement for Pastor Saeed. You write the letter, and we'll deliver it," said ACLJ Executive Director Jordan Sekulow...

...A petition started for Adedini by the ACLJ has been signed by more than 550,000 people from over 180 countries. The law group hopes that the new letter-writing campaign will help encourage and give strength to the pastor, whose birthday is May 7.

"These messages will let Pastor Saeed know that we're praying for him and working for his release, and these messages will send a signal to Iran that Americans will never leave him behind," Sekulow added.
    I'll write a letter and say a prayer. Can't hurt.
    Ron Paul: "For those who have asked, I freely confess that Jesus Christ is my personal Savior, and that I seek His guidance in all that I do."

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12