Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: American imprisoned in Iran

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

American imprisoned in Iran

http://global.christianpost.com/news...tianity-86957/

The American Center for Law and Justice (ACLJ), a Washington D.C.-based human rights firm, announced Dec. 19 that it will be legally representing the family of the Rev. Saeed Abedini, a Christian convert and U.S. immigrant who is currently being imprisoned in Iran for his Christian faith.

"This is a very troubling pattern that we have seen inside Iran -- Christian husbands and fathers who are punished for their religious beliefs," Jordan Sekulow, Executive Director of the ACLJ, said in a Dec. 19 press release.

"What makes this particular case so much more disturbing is that Pastor Saeed, who was born and raised in Iran, has been granted U.S. citizenship. He's been in prison for nearly three months simply because of his Christian faith," Sekulow continued.

"Now, he's been indicted by an Iranian court -- a development that could very well result in a death sentence. In addition to our legal work, it's important to get this story out -- to generate global support for Pastor Saeed and to engage the U.N. and the U.S. government in securing his release," Sekulow added
    Takes some guts and a lot of faith to persevere.
    Ron Paul: "For those who have asked, I freely confess that Jesus Christ is my personal Savior, and that I seek His guidance in all that I do."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    We have no idea what this man was doing over there. I know people are going to say he was a pastor converting people to Christianity, or maybe he was a hiker and traveled beyond country lines accidently, or maybe he is what I believe him to be, a CIA proxy operating in the area. The first thing that comes to my mind when I read a story like this is that the man shouldn't have been there in the first place. There are other more friendly places to spread the word, other more friendly places to hike etc. We have no diplomacy with Iran and I'm sure they are looking for any American they can to publicly punish. What did this man think was going to happen? Was he just planning on being a martyr? I don't feel sorry for stupid people, surely not when he very probably was a spy doing all sorts of $#@! he probably shouldn't have been doing. Let this man's family start awareness funds. Maybe if people were educated on the sanctions as well as nuclear energy they would pressure Congress to lift them. (Sanctions) Then maybe we could kindly ask for the man's return and it'd be granted. Either way, he should have thought a little bit more on just what exactly he was doing.
    Last edited by kcchiefs6465; 01-05-2013 at 11:19 AM.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    We have no idea what this man was doing over there. I know people are going to say he was a pastor converting people to Christianity, or maybe he was a hiker or traveled beyond country lines, or maybe he is what I believe him to be, a CIA proxy operating in the area. The first thing that comes to my mind when I read a story like this is that the man shouldn't have been there in the first place. There are other more friendly places to spread the word, other more friendly places to hike etc. We have no diplomacy with Iran and I'm sure they are looking for any American they can to punish. What did this man believe was going to happen? Was he just planning on being a martyr? I don't feel sorry for stupid people, surely not when he very probably was a spy doing all sorts of $#@! he probably shouldn't be doing. Let this man's family start awareness funds. Maybe if people were educated on the sanctions as well as nuclear energy they would pressure Congress to lift them. Then maybe we could kindly ask for the man's return and it be granted. Either way, maybe he should have reconsidered his options.
    yeah. Don't know what he was doing over there, hopefully there is a happy ending.
    We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is false. -- William Casey, CIA Director

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.-- Mark Twain

When people like us-- the scum of society-- don't risk our lives when a rare chance comes our way, we become losers at that moment. So courage is the only thing we can rely on.-- Anchan
    Rick Simpson Hemp Oil

Quote Originally Posted by squarepusher View Post
    yeah. Don't know what he was doing over there, hopefully there is a happy ending.
    If the man was training people on how to build magnetic bombs to assassinate scientists for example, then let whatever ending happens, happen.

http://news.yahoo.com/iranian-scient...151922261.html

ETA: I tried my damnedest to rename the link 'build magnetic bombs to assassinate scientists' and could not figure it out. +rep if someone who could tell me how to do that.
    Last edited by kcchiefs6465; 01-05-2013 at 11:28 AM.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

If the man was training people on how to build magnetic bombs to assassinate scientists for example, then let whatever ending happens, happen.

When Americans die in tall buildings it was a false flag CIA operation. When Israeli kids are blown up in a school bus in Belgium it was a false flag Mossad act.

When Iranian scientists die in Iran it is the work of Christian Pastors who live in Boise, Idaho.
    Ron Paul: "For those who have asked, I freely confess that Jesus Christ is my personal Savior, and that I seek His guidance in all that I do."

Quote Originally Posted by BlackTerrel View Post
    When Americans die in tall buildings it was a false flag CIA operation. When Israeli kids are blown up in a school bus in Belgium it was a false flag Mossad act.

When Iranian scientists die in Iran it is the work of Christian Pastors who live in Boise, Idaho.
    What is that old saying about when you ASSume things? Please find a post of mine that states any of the above. Or are you just grouping me with every thought that every one believes on this site.

Well if you were going to actually follow the pattern you set up you'd say "When Iranian scientists die in Iran it is the work of the Iranian government as a false flag operation." That said, while I don't think this guy was a spy (though I rule nothing out) the "hikers" who haven't gotten caught in the past are definitely suspicious. Who the hell goes hiking in a war zone? (The border area between Iran and Iraq).

Anyhow, since you believe anything that officially comes from the government, what's your take on the fact that the Pentagon now says it has no record of Osama Bin Laden's DNA even though it initially said it used DNA evidence for proof of death?
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

ETA: I tried my damnedest to rename the link 'build magnetic bombs to assassinate scientists' and could not figure it out. +rep if someone who could tell me how to do that.
    You copy the link to your clipboard, select the text with your mouse, click on the "link icon" (right to the left of the envelope icon) and then paste the link in the dialog box. And then your "build magnetic bombs" text will be linked. That's the easy way. The hard way in to embed the code directly as in: [ URL="http://news.yahoo.com/iranian-scientist-assassinated-tehran-151922261.html"]build magnetic bombs[/URL]
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It's pretty amazing the lengths people will go to defend Iran. Nothing they do can ever be wrong.

We have no idea what this man was doing over there. I know people are going to say he was a pastor converting people to Christianity, or maybe he was a hiker and traveled beyond country lines accidently, or maybe he is what I believe him to be, a CIA proxy operating in the area.
    How deep undercover would an American Christian Pastor be in Iran?

The first thing that comes to my mind when I read a story like this is that the man shouldn't have been there in the first place. There are other more friendly places to spread the word, other more friendly places to hike etc. We have no diplomacy with Iran and I'm sure they are looking for any American they can to publicly punish.
    His parents and family live in Iran.

What did this man think was going to happen? Was he just planning on being a martyr? I don't feel sorry for stupid people, surely not when he very probably was a spy doing all sorts of $#@! he probably shouldn't have been doing.
    Again. How far deep are you into defending anything this country does that you, without any evidence, believe this guy was a spy. Let's be real here: the least effective spy on the planet would be an American Christian Pastor in Iran. What kind of sensitive data could this guy possibly hope to get a hold of?

Let this man's family start awareness funds. Maybe if people were educated on the sanctions as well as nuclear energy they would pressure Congress to lift them. (Sanctions) Then maybe we could kindly ask for the man's return and it'd be granted. Either way, he should have thought a little bit more on just what exactly he was doing.
    This guy is one of many Christians imprisoned in Iran. The idea that lifting sanctions would stop that is naive. Last I looked the majority of the region is being cleansed of Christians.

Last I looked the majority of the region is being cleansed of Christians.
    Only after we go to war with them.

Iraq.. Large christian communities.. Christians in key Government positions. After invasion,,many flee,, others are persecuted.

It has happened elsewhere as well.. Palestine was a diverse community,, Arab, Christian and Jew living peacefully, till the Zionist invasion.

The trouble is not with Iran.. It is provoked by those that want to start a war with Iran.

Oh,,and thread TITLE IS MISLEADING..
    He is Iranian, Born in Iran. Family in Iran. Living in Iran. Was granted American Citizenship for propaganda purposes.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Only after we go to war with them.

Iraq.. Large christian communities.. Christians in key Government positions. After invasion,,many flee,, others are persecuted.

It has happened elsewhere as well.. Palestine was a diverse community,, Arab, Christian and Jew living peacefully, till the Zionist invasion.

The trouble is not with Iran.. It is provoked by those that want to start a war with Iran.

Oh,,and thread TITLE IS MISLEADING..

He is Iranian, Born in Iran. Family in Iran. Living in Iran. Was granted American Citizenship for propaganda purposes.

Dont forget the attack on Syrian christian community, targeted by the jihadist rebels because of their support of the Syrian govt. Not sure about Libyan Christian communities but my guess is they suffered the same fate as their brethrens in other ME countries

We have no idea what this man was doing over there. I know people are going to say he was a pastor converting people to Christianity, or maybe he was a hiker and traveled beyond country lines accidently, or maybe he is what I believe him to be, a CIA proxy operating in the area. The first thing that comes to my mind when I read a story like this is that the man shouldn't have been there in the first place. There are other more friendly places to spread the word, other more friendly places to hike etc. We have no diplomacy with Iran and I'm sure they are looking for any American they can to publicly punish. What did this man think was going to happen? Was he just planning on being a martyr? I don't feel sorry for stupid people, surely not when he very probably was a spy doing all sorts of $#@! he probably shouldn't have been doing. Let this man's family start awareness funds. Maybe if people were educated on the sanctions as well as nuclear energy they would pressure Congress to lift them. (Sanctions) Then maybe we could kindly ask for the man's return and it'd be granted. Either way, he should have thought a little bit more on just what exactly he was doing.
    I agree with you. Right now, I give the benefit of the doubt to the Iranian officials who must be having a hard time stopping the assassination of Iranian scientist. This pastor should have known better and stayed clear of Iran while the tension between Iran and US is high. Just imagine what people like Blackterrel would be saying if the Iranian officials had caught the movie crew of Argo.

So I hope they conduct a fair investigation and release him if he is actually a civilian trying to spread the word of Jesus and if he happen to be a CIA agent, then he is $#@! out of luck.

It's pretty amazing the lengths people will go to defend Iran. Nothing they do can ever be wrong.
    I'm not defending Iran. The man is an idiot. I don't give a damn if his family lives there or not. He wanted to be a martyr so let him be a martyr. Honestly, what the hell did he expect would happen?

Well, when trying to drum up support for an unjustified war, I think an American pastor 'POW' could be a route they would consider taking. Hikers don't quite cause the same amount of outcry as a man of God.

His parents and family live in Iran.
    And you mean to tell me they didn't go around spreading the gospel in a theocratic country? How odd.

Again. How far deep are you into defending anything this country does that you, without any evidence, believe this guy was a spy. Let's be real here: the least effective spy on the planet would be an American Christian Pastor in Iran. What kind of sensitive data could this guy possibly hope to get a hold of?
    Again, I didn't say I believed this man was a spy. I simply stated that he very possibly could be one. In either case, whether he's incredibly stupid, wanted to martyr himself for a cause he saw fit, or he's a spy, I have very little sympathy.

ETA: I did say, "or he is what I believe him to be a spy" or something along those lines. I'll admit that was jumping the gun. I'll rescind that to be, I would not be surprised one damn bit if he were a CIA proxy. Is that better?

This guy is one of many Christians imprisoned in Iran. The idea that lifting sanctions would stop that is naive. Last I looked the majority of the region is being cleansed of Christians.
    Many Christians? Or many American Christians? In the case of American Christians yes removing sanctions would help to get them released. They probably wouldn't be such $#@!s in creating a hassle just because they can. The region being 'cleansed of Christians' is a ridiculous notion. Cleansed as in, 'the final solution?' Please spew that ridiculous propaganda elsewhere. And if that's truly the case, and Christians are being exterminated in Iran, by all means, join the cause. I want no part with that endeavor. As in, being drafted for it, paying for it, etc. I couldn't give two $#@!s less about naive Americans trying to convert Muslims or hikers who 'get lost.' Don't go to the region. That's simple enough, is it not? Are we expected to go to every country Christians are being persecuted in? As per your religious 'obligations?'
    Last edited by kcchiefs6465; 01-05-2013 at 12:47 PM.

Well, when trying to drum up support for an unjustified war, I think an American pastor 'POW' could be a route they would consider taking. Hikers don't quite cause the same amount of outcry as a man of God.
    Let's be real here for a sec. You don't actually think this do you? No one in this country even knows this man is arrested. No one is covering it. So no it's not going to lead to war with Iran.

Again, I didn't say I believed this man was a spy. I simply stated that he very possibly could be one. In either case, whether he's incredibly stupid, wanted to martyr himself for a cause he saw fit, or he's a spy, I have very little sympathy.

ETA: I did say, "or he is what I believe him to be a spy" or something along those lines. I'll admit that was jumping the gun. I'll rescind that to be, I would not be surprised one damn bit if he were a CIA proxy. Is that better?
    How? You could not be less undercover in Iran than being an American Christian. This would be like sending Shaquille O'Neal to spy on the cast of Willow.

Many Christians? Or many American Christians?
    Christians. This is the first Christian in Iran to be arrested who has American citizenship as far as I know.

In the case of American Christians yes removing sanctions would help to get them released. They probably wouldn't be such $#@!s in creating a hassle just because they can.
    Why do you hate this man so much. He's an $#@! because he went back to his country of origin and has accepted a non-Islamic belief?

The region being 'cleansed of Christians' is a ridiculous notion. Cleansed as in, 'the final solution?' Please spew that ridiculous propaganda elsewhere.
    A generation ago Christians were 20% of the mid-east population. Now they are less than 5%. It'll be close to zero soon enough. I know members of the Egyptian community here quite well.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/reli...ddle-East.html

And if that's truly the case, and Christians are being exterminated in Iran, by all means, join the cause. I want no part with that endeavor. As in, being drafted for it, paying for it, etc. I couldn't give two $#@!s less about naive Americans trying to convert Muslims or hikers who 'get lost.' Don't go to the region. That's simple enough, is it not? Are we expected to go to every country Christians are being persecuted in? As per your religious 'obligations?'
    First of all I never said Christians were being exterminated in Iran. Second of all I never said the US should go to war. I just posted an article of a guy imprisoned for his faith and you called him an $#@! and likely a spy.

Let's be real here for a sec. You don't actually think this do you? No one in this country even knows this man is arrested. No one is covering it. So no it's not going to lead to war with Iran.
    I never said this one man will be the reason we end up Iran. It could and probably will be used to sway public opinion on the subject of a military intervention. Particularly the FOX NEWS crowd. A talking point of sorts to show just how radical their country is. Maybe with a touch of some subtle propaganda such as yours about how Christians are being 'cleansed' from the region. Many Christians may feel obligated to support such an military endeavor.

How? You could not be less undercover in Iran than being an American Christian. This would be like sending Shaquille O'Neal to spy on the cast of Willow.
    I was more saying that there are CIA proxies from all sorts of backgrounds. It would only be speculation on why the CIA might deem it to be a strategic advantage of sorts that this man was a pastor for traveling through Iran. For one, he would most undoubtedly be released if caught. And if he were not to be released it would be simple to leak various reports to the media and to have the family of the man pleading for his return. This would turn public sentiment against Iran even more. As was the case with the hikers public outcry that eventually pressured Iran to release them. (I don't know whether they were spies or not, either. Pure speculation on why they may feel it an advantage to use a pastor in one of their schemes)

Christians. This is the first Christian in Iran to be arrested who has American citizenship as far as I know.
    I stated that removing the sanctions would indeed increase the chances that an American citizen arrested in Iran would be released. Whether it would help native Christians I am not sure about but would doubt.

Why do you hate this man so much. He's an $#@! because he went back to his country of origin and has accepted a non-Islamic belief?
    I do not hate the man. He should have known better. If it was his country of origin he should have known the hostility he was entering into and avoided the region. Do you think Jews in England would have gone back to Nazi Germany had that been their homeland? (An extreme analogy I know) There's a point and time when you must realize that it is simply too dangerous to go back. I would say a sanctioned Iran would qualify, especially when you are a Christian with American citizenship. What the hell did he really think was going to happen?

A generation ago Christians were 20% of the mid-east population. Now they are less than 5%. It'll be close to zero soon enough. I know members of the Egyptian community here quite well.
    Okay. Just what do you propose I do about that? Yes, I believe people should be able to worship freely. I am saddened that some people cannot. This occurs largely over the world. There are kids being accused of witchcraft and burned alive for chrissake. We are not crusaders of right and wrong. There is wickedry that runs a lot deeper than the Iranian government. What do you propose we do about the child soldiers? And the children forced to work in diamond mines? And female circumcission? You realize they are hanging people from bridges in Juarez? Where do you draw the line? Yes, I feel for the man. But in all honesty, it's his own damn fault. I feel a lot more sympathy towards the young woman whose breasts were cut off while she was being gangraped. And even then, what the hell do you expect me to do about it?

First of all I never said Christians were being exterminated in Iran. Second of all I never said the US should go to war. I just posted an article of a guy imprisoned for his faith and you called him an $#@! and likely a spy.
    'Cleansed,' I believe you put it. Listen, I interchange the word $#@! to mean a variety of things. This case being that he's ignorant to the situation and hostility of Iran towards Americans and it's his own damn fault. I'm not trying to be a dick about it, but seriously, what did he really expect would happen?
    Last edited by kcchiefs6465; 01-05-2013 at 05:42 PM.

In Iran if you take the Muslim faith that is final no take backs.If you ever convert or decide to go atheist later,you are dead.If he lived in Iran he 100% knew what would happen if he ever came back home so this is a suicide and nothing more.If he was a Christian from the start there would have been no problem but to convert from Islam is not allowed.

Making this case public will only confirm his death sentence as a way of the Iranian government to make a point.
    Last edited by Demigod; 01-05-2013 at 04:36 PM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Demigod View Post
    In Iran if you take the Muslim faith that is final no take backs.If you ever convert or decide to go atheist later,you are dead.If he lived in Iran he 100% knew what would happen if he ever came back home so this is a suicide and nothing more.
    So basically he was the last person on the planet who you would ever choose to be a spy. And he's being persecuted for his beliefs.

You can call him an $#@!, or dumb... but he's also a man of courage.

So basically he was the last person on the planet who you would ever choose to be a spy. And he's being persecuted for his beliefs.

You can call him an $#@!, or dumb... but he's also a man of courage.
    He did the equivalent of an American joining the Taliban so that he can fight American Imperialism and a growing government back home and then coming back to see his children.It is not courage it is stupidity.

If he wants to be a martyr then let him.

Last edited by Demigod; 01-08-2013 at 05:32 AM.

Christians are an officially protected religious minority in Iran, yet you are trying to tell me this guy is going to get the death sentence just for being a christian? Ya ok. Sure. I'm sure that's all he did.

Quote Originally Posted by brandon View Post
    Christians are an officially protected religious minority in Iran, yet you are trying to tell me this guy is going to get the death sentence just for being a christian? Ya ok. Sure. I'm sure that's all he did.
    The punishment for converting to Christianity from Islam in Iran is death. I don't even believe Iran denies this.

The punishment for converting to Christianity from Islam in Iran is death. I don't even believe Iran denies this.
    Iran has some of the oldest Christian Communities in the world,, even mentioned in the bible.
    There are several Christian Churches in Iran, (600 by the wiki count) and an estimated 300 000 practicing Christians.

The man was not arrested for being a Christian. (that is propaganda hype)
    More likely was arrested on suspicion of being a spy or saboteur. And his arrest is being used to incite hatred by those that want WWIII.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Iran has some of the oldest Christian Communities in the world,, even mentioned in the bible.
    There are several Christian Churches in Iran, (600 by the wiki count) and an estimated 300 000 practicing Christians.
    Where is your 300,000 number coming from?

The man was not arrested for being a Christian. (that is propaganda hype)
    More likely was arrested on suspicion of being a spy or saboteur.
    Are you saying it is legal in Iran to convert from Islam to Christianity? Please be clear. Because not even Iran says this.

And his arrest is being used to incite hatred by those that want WWIII.
    Yes this is a huge story all over the news and will likely start WWIII.

What happens in Iran is simply not the business of folks in America.

Christians, Muslims, Jews.... Anyone else feel like the cause of our problems is religion? These are supposed to be religions of peace yet they are the first things mentioned when we are about to fight a war.

How else do you get some 60 yr old lady in the middle of Arkansas to support a war in a country thousands of miles away? Just tell her that there is a war on Christianity.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by twomp View Post
    Christians, Muslims, Jews.... Anyone else feel like the cause of our problems is religion? These are supposed to be religions of peace yet they are the first things mentioned when we are about to fight a war.
    Nope. but evil bastards have used religion for years to control and manipulate people.
    They have twisted the message of all those to suit their ends.

They will use religion. they will use entertainment or they will use brute force.. whatever works.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Sentenced to 8 years in prison for his beliefs Brave guy.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_2567051.html

Contrary to popular belief in posts above this did not start WW3.

nvm
    Last edited by kcchiefs6465; 01-29-2013 at 11:12 AM.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/04...est=latestnews

The Iranian-American Christian pastor jailed in Iran for his faith again has been denied bail as he awaits proper medical treatment for serious injuries and internal bleeding sustained from brutal prison beatings, according to the family’s attorneys.

Saeed Abedini, the 32-year-old U.S. citizen imprisoned in Iran since September, purportedly was taken to an external hospital, but he was not admitted for treatment, according to sources close to the pastor who report that the medical specialist who was supposed to examine him was not in. Instead of seeing a different doctor, Abedini was returned to Evin Prison without receiving any medical treatment.

“This is yet another example of psychological abuse,” said Jordan Sekulow, executive director of the American Center for Law and Justice, the organization representing Abedini’s U.S.-based family.

“They got his hopes up about getting medical help, and either the Iranian government is incompetent or just that ruthless that they would play with people’s emotions and health,” Sekulow told Fox News...

...Abedini’s wife, Naghmeh Abedini, and their two young children fear for Abedini’s life. They wait at their home in Boise, Idaho, for sporadic updates from family members in Iran.

More than a decade ago, Abedini worked as a Christian leader and community organizer developing Iran’s underground home church communities for Christian converts who are forbidden from praying in public churches. He was arrested in 2005 but released after pledging never to evangelize in Iran again.

When he left his wife and two kids in Idaho last summer to return to Iran to help build a state-run, secular orphanage, Iranian police pulled him off a bus and imprisoned him.

After months of imprisonment without any notice of charges, Abedini was sentenced in January to eight years in prison, as his family and attorneys continue to pressure the State Department and other public and private groups to facilitate his release.

Late last month Secretary of State John Kerry made a public statement calling for Abedinit to be “immediately released” and said he is “disturbed” by detailed reports on the psychological and physical abuse the pastor is sustaining in prison.

This statement from the State Department came after months of criticism that the Obama administration wasn't doing enough for Abedini.

The ACLJ’s #SaveSaeed campaign and petition continue to gather momentum, with over 550,000 signatures from 180 countries around the world in a global effort to use social media platforms, such as Facebook and Twitter, to keep international pressure on this case.

“This is yet another example of psychological abuse,” said Jordan Sekulow, executive director of the American Center for Law and Justice, the organization representing Abedini’s U.S.-based family.
    First, this is a sad story. Second, have you ever heard of the SAVAK?

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    The people themselves are very well educated and pro-western- nowhere near the anti-Americanism seen in 1979 during the Revolution and hostage crisis.

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad will lose his job following elections in June of this year (he is not elgible to run) so they will definately have a new President. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iranian...election,_2013
    Well many of the people who were oppressed and tortured under the Shah are no longer around. Many of the people who remembered the United States assisting the SAVAK with 'useful' torture instructionals have forgotten as well. I am sure there is still some resentment over there. I'd be pretty pissed off as well if I were in their shoes.

The younger generation just wants freedom. It's a shame a lot of our policies have hindered their efforts.

With regards to the SAVAK-

Brute force was supplemented with the bastinado; sleep deprivation; extensive solitary confinement; glaring searchlights; standing in one place for hours on end; nail extractions; snakes (favored for use with women); electrical shocks with cattle prods, often into the rectum; cigarette burns; sitting on hot grills; acid dripped into nostrils; near-drownings; mock executions; and an electric chair with a large metal mask to muffle screams while amplifying them for the victim. This latter contraption was dubbed the Apollo—an allusion to the American space capsules. Prisoners were also humiliated by being raped, urinated on, and forced to stand naked.[15] Despite the new 'scientific' methods, the torture of choice remained the traditional bastinado used to beat soles of the feet.
    During the height of its power, SAVAK had virtually unlimited powers. It operated its own detention centers, like Evin Prison. In addition to domestic security the service's tasks extended to the surveillance of Iranians abroad, notably in the United States, France, and the United Kingdom, and especially students on government stipends. The agency also closely collaborated with the American CIA by sending their agents to an air force base in New York to share and discuss interrogation tactics.[20]
    The Federation of American Scientists also found it guilty of "the torture and execution of thousands of political prisoners" and symbolizing "the Shah's rule from 1963-79." The FAS list of SAVAK torture methods included "electric shock, whipping, beating, inserting broken glass and pouring boiling water into the rectum, tying weights to the testicles, and the extraction of teeth and nails."
    Correct me if I am wrong but was there not a video demonstrating various torture methods made by the CIA that was found in Iran? This was a little before the taking of the hostages, IIRC.

The notorious Iranian security service, SAVAK, which employed torture routinely, was created under the guidance of the CIA and Israel in the 1950s.9 According to a former CIA analyst on Iran, Jesse J. Leaf, SAVAK was instructed in torture techniques by the Agency.10 After the 1979 revolution, the Iranians found CIA film made for SAVAK on how to torture women. 11
    Here's the sources

9 Kermit Roosevelt, Countercoup: The Struggle for the Control of Iran (McGraw-Hill paperback, 1981), p.9. Roosevelt was a CIA officer operating in Iran in the 1950s.

10 Leaf was chief CIA analyst on Iran for five years before resigning in 1973, interviewed by Seymour Hersh in the New York Times, January 7,1979.

11 Robert Fisk, article in The Independent (London), August 9,1998, p. 19

Excerpted from Rogue State, by William Blum

According to author Charles Kurzman, SAVAK was never dismantled but rather changed its name and leadership and continued on with the same codes of operation, and a relatively unchanged "staff." [3][26]

Hossein Fardoust, a former classmate of the Shah, was a deputy director of SAVAK until he was appointed head of the Imperial Inspectorate, also known as the Special Intelligence Bureau, to watch over high-level government officials, including SAVAK directors. Fardoust later is rumoured to have become director of SAVAMA, the post-revolution incarnation of the original SAVAK organization.[27]
    I wonder who taught them their psychological warfare?
    Last edited by kcchiefs6465; 04-08-2013 at 10:07 PM.

First, this is a sad story. Second, have you ever heard of the SAVAK?

Well many of the people who were oppressed and tortured under the Shah are no longer around. Many of the people who remembered the United States assisting the SAVAK with 'useful' torture instructionals have forgotten as well. I am sure there is still some resentment over there. I'd be pretty pissed off as well if I were in their shoes.
    Sounds terrible.

Based on your link it stopped operating a couple years before this Pastor was born. The Pastor was born in Iran so punishing him for actions of the United States before he was born would be quite foolish. Rather they should let him go free to his family.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast