Thread: Rep. Paul Broun Jr. Re-Introduces Ron Paul's Previous Bills

Rep. Paul Broun Jr. Re-Introduces Ron Paul's Previous Bills

Rep. Paul Broun Jr. Re-Introduces Ron Paul's Previous Bills

"Says He’ll Pick Up Where Ron Paul Left Off "

H.R. 24: To require a full audit of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System and the Federal reserve banks by the Comptroller General of the United States, and for other purposes.

5 Co-sponsors
    DeFazio, Peter [D-OR4]
    Jones, Walter [R-NC3]
    Loebsack, David [D-IA2]
    McIntyre, Mike [D-NC7]
    Michaud, Michael [D-ME2]

H.R. 73: To abolish the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System and the Federal reserve banks, to repeal the Federal Reserve Act, and for other purposes.

No Co-sponsors

H.R. 75: To end membership of the United States in the United Nations.

No Co-sponsors

H.R. 77: To repeal the legal tender laws, to prohibit taxation on certain coins and bullion, and to repeal superfluous sections related to coinage.

No Co-sponsors

H.R. 23: To provide that human life shall be deemed to begin with fertilization.

18 Co-Sponsors
    Carter, John [R-TX31]
    Conaway, Michael [R-TX11]
    Farenthold, Blake [R-TX27]
    Fleming, John [R-LA4]
    Franks, Trent [R-AZ8]
    Gibbs, Bob [R-OH7]
    Gingrey, John “Phil” [R-GA11]
    Huelskamp, Tim [R-KS1]
    Jones, Walter [R-NC3]
    Palazzo, Steven [R-MS4]
    Pearce, Steven “Steve” [R-NM2]
    Roby, Martha [R-AL2]
    Roe, Phil [R-TN1]
    Rogers, Harold “Hal” [R-KY5]
    Ryan, Paul [R-WI1]
    Terry, Lee [R-NE2]
    Westmoreland, Lynn [R-GA3]
    Kline, John [R-MN2]
    Last edited by FrankRep; 01-05-2013 at 10:23 AM.
    ----

Ron Paul Forum's Mission Statement:

Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I knew about the audit one, not the others.

thanks for posting!
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

The Republican from the Great State of Georgia earns my ear!

Broun says gun rights are necessary to "prevent treason in America."

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Holy crap.

Did you catch this folks?

Broun introduced the bill to ABOLISH the Federal Reserve.

He wasn't in that speech I posted a while back.

This is why I want him in the Senate: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Draft...14323168586406

This is big news! Is nobody interested????

Look at those 5 bills!

Quote Originally Posted by SpreadOfLiberty View Post
    This is big news! Is nobody interested????
    Some people were earlier:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...113th-Congress

Dang. This is like out of left field. So unexpected. Awesome but unexpected.

I sent him an email thanking him and I told him if he continues like this he'll have my financial support come re-election time.
    "Look, the American people have chosen to have a fiat money standard because they want a welfare state. You cannot have a gold standard and a welfare state at the same time. You have to make the choice. We have made a decision as a society that we’ll be dealing with the welfare state." -Alan Greenspan

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Broun is good on a great many issues, but he is generally weak on Foreign Policy. :/
    School of Salamanca - School of Austrian Economics - Liberty, Private Property, Free-Markets, Voluntaryist, Agorist. le monde va de lui męme

"No man hath power over my rights and liberties, and I over no mans [sic]."

What, sir, is the use of a militia? It is to prevent the establishment of a standing army, the bane of liberty.

www.mises.org
    www.antiwar.com
    An Arrow Against all Tyrants - Richard Overton vis. 1646 (Required reading!)

I spread this information far and wide on the facebook pages I admin.

Quote Originally Posted by Austrian Econ Disciple View Post
    but he is generally weak on Foreign Policy. :/
    Most republicans down here are, unfortunately. He'd still be an improvement over Saxby Chambliss. Some people have been trying to encourage Broun to run in a Senate primary.

Plus if Broun ends the Fed . . . he'll accidentally end the magical affordability of our current foreign policy, but let's not tell him that, haha. Without the Fed we couldn't afford these wars, so I suppose that's a silver lining?

He did vote for Allen West for speaker, though. I don't really understand that man's popularity down here.
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 01-05-2013 at 08:39 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by Austrian Econ Disciple View Post
    Broun is good on a great many issues, but he is generally weak on Foreign Policy. :/
    Broun has a 92% rating from JBS for the 112th Congress, the same score as Amash (though the votes might differ here and there). JBS does include many FP votes in their scorecard and as an organization, holds to a non-interventionist FP.
    Last edited by CaptLouAlbano; 01-05-2013 at 08:56 AM.

Though these are all great bills, only the audit the fed stands a chance of making it into law. The others will just be passed over, or blocked downright.
    "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."
    - Benjamin Franklin

"No freeman shall be taken, imprisoned, or in any other way destroyed, except by the lawful judgment of his peers."
    - Magna Carta

Hopefully he has a "come to Jesus moment" in terms of foreign policy.

Why can't we just be glad for what he did?

It's damn good that he introduced these bills. It's a good thing.
    Last edited by LibertyEagle; 01-05-2013 at 09:35 AM.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Quote Originally Posted by tsai3904 View Post
    I would have overlooked that thread's vague title.
    ----

Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    bump
    ----

WOW! EndTheFED SOON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Why can't we just be glad for what he did?

It's damn good that he introduced these bills. It's a good thing.
    I agree, even though foreign policy is a big issue for me I can appreciate someone that I agree with on the majority of other issues and like someone else said limiting the fed would help curb the foreign policy adventurism.