Thread: New business opportunity for me, looking for input - gold grams BUT...MLM :(

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

New business opportunity for me, looking for input - gold grams BUT...MLM :(

I have been approached to get in near the start of a company who is marketing encapsulated gold grams in what looks like a credit card, at around $8 over spot. The idea being a gram of gold worth around $55 (sold for $62-$63 at the moment) is much easier to transact in barter or 'gold-is-money' type of transaction than loose bullion, and I agree with that, and have been looking into that sort of thing for years.

Now, the problem for me is that it's a MLM business, and I have always been deeply suspicious of MLM things.

The gold is physical delivery, NOT ETF. After so much in commission, participants get a debit card denominated in physical gold, to load up and spend anywhere in the world using physical gold to back electronic debits into whatever currency you are purchasing in. WHich thing I REALLY like.

I really like everything about the opportunity except for the singular fact that it's MLM, and the whole business model is propagated on the spreading of the business model to other people.

If I weren't already struggling like hell, I'd turn it down flat just because it's MLM. Nevermind that this is at the beginning and I could make a mint off of it, eventually somewhere down the road, my profits will be at the expense of someone else. Because it's MLM, and that seems to be to me the very nature of MLM. I, in particular, am familiar with a ton of sound money people, so were I to do this, I could indeed generate a serious current and residual profit and actually survive to do liberty activism 24/7. BUT, the people at the end of the MLM chain who inevitably get taken, will they not be the people in our own movement who get hurt?

So anyway, if you have a business opportunity that is excellent and profitable in every possible way...except that the business model happens to rely on MLM for propagation, how do you react? What is your take? Because if some of you know a lot more about MLM than I do, and it's not as evil as I seem to think it is, then this could solve pretty much all of my money problems and leave me to fighting for liberty instead of trying to put food on the table and make the mortgage note...
    Last edited by GunnyFreedom; 01-04-2013 at 01:30 PM. Reason: typop

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.