Thread: Like silver?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Like silver?

*This is not investment advice, it is information only. If you follow my investments you will lose money!

And want to take a little paper risk? Check out these bonds. I recently got into some and think they are a great investment.

http://www.grancolombiagold.com/file...dNotes0811.pdf

The gist is this. The notes pay 5% yield and the principle is linked to the price of silver, with every bond(par $1000) being equal to 66.7oz of silver. So they are priced as if silver is $15. Since silver is $31 the principle is currently valued over $2000. It begins to payout in 2015, through 2018. As you can see from the pdf, the annualized rate of return is currently around 22% and will only go higher if silver goes higher(like most on here believe). I am not a huge fan of silver any longer, but some diversification at such an attractive rate is very nice.

The company has been operationally cash flow positive for the last several quarters. They recently did a gold linked debt offering and now have a lot of cash on their balance sheet. The insiders own a big part of the company, both equity and debt(these notes specifically). The note is a senior note, but unsecured. Per the prospectus they will store up the silver and sell it to pay off the loans.

I own this in my 401k, so there is no foreign tax withholding on interest, so holding it outside of a tax deferred account might be tricky. Keep that in mind.

Let me know what you guys think.
    Last edited by cubical; 01-02-2013 at 07:52 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.