Thread: High School Math Teachers

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

High School Math Teachers

So after the SHTF, whats going to happen to all the teachers in the United States? Part of me says, after all the state/munui bond market dries up most of the teachers will not be paid. At the same time, we always need math teachers so what do you guys think?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That's actually the strange part about it, I think. If it's anything like the Great Depression (and it doesn't matter if it's a deflationary depression or straight to hyperinflation), there will be a period where Uncle Ben really might have to bust out his helicopters and figure out a way to unload cash onto the population. He'll create any bubble he needs to keep the machines churning.

Before that happens, though, money supply always dries up, like the depressing calm before the storm. So municipalities might just do as they did in the Great Depression and start issuing scrip (bonds of an emergency kind) -- just as a temporary substitute for money.

I see teachers of K-12 doing just fine. Parents aren't going to want a bunch of kids on the streets, so those teachers (read=daycare sitters) are going to get theirs no matter what. It's the heavily subsidized and tenured university faculties (and all the toxic student debt they've been living in LA-LA land on) who I see screwing the pooch royally. And good riddance to most of them, and good luck finding a job.

Ironically enough, at least initially, the very hardest hit are going to be among the most traditionally productive. Industrial, technology, construction, you name it, as whole industries come to a screeching halt. The only bailouts I see there are the ones with strategic national value (e.g., Cisco Systems or someone like them). TPTB won't make the same mistake twice with agriculture, though. Farmers will get fed as much as they need in the way of subsidies, just like the banks have been until now, just to keep those combines rolling, and food costs from rising so high that it starts a nationwide panic, with shortages everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by psi2941 View Post
    So after the SHTF, whats going to happen to all the teachers in the United States? Part of me says, after all the state/munui bond market dries up most of the teachers will not be paid. At the same time, we always need math teachers so what do you guys think?
    Whatever new form of Government shows up and takes over or comes out masquerading as "our government" will need teachers to help further brainwash the posterity.

I'd like to see communities band together and support educators without federal money..

Seemed to work very well for the first couple of centuries..

LibForestPaul

S.D. is pretty spot on. BUT there were times where state and mostly city employees were not paid for several weeks, especially teachers and cops. This is used as a stick to beat over the head of the citizen-slaves. There may be layoffs, and class conglomeration (50 studentsv per teacher, no extra activities) but the bulk of teachers (not incl admins, secretaries, office workers) will be fed.