Thread: What Have Women Lost & Gained

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

What Have Women Lost & Gained

I took a course in the anthropology of women. It forever change my view of womanhood.

My focus was on how and why women made compromise with men through out history.

Women kept the home and the children while the man went out and paid for it all.

Women were in charge of health and medicine during ancient times. Men slowly over time completely over took the healing arts. Now medical science has worked with legislators to have complete control of women's reproductive rights. Calling abortion a right is so preposterous on so many levels. Calling the MIC version of birth control freedom and selling to women thru all types of media outlets. A whole industry grew up around convincing women that the most important thing to focus on inter political field was to keep abortion legal and safe and birth control available to all.
    Last edited by Working Poor; 12-30-2012 at 07:59 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Can you give us the basic narrative?

I am having technical difficulty I typed out a whole page and lost every bit of it%#&****

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    I am having technical difficulty I typed out a whole page and lost every bit of it%#&****

Post,
    edit
    save
    edit
    save
    edit
    save
    edit
    save
    edit
    save

last edit by presence

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

$#@!, sorry to hear that man (or woman?). Maybe I can just telepathically pull it all out of the ether somehow

Women's greatest struggles with men involve medicine and food production . This was what the witch burnings were about. Women were against man's abuse of alcohol and the physical abuse that ensued.

Women's greatest struggles with men involve medicine and food production . This was what the witch burnings were about. Women were against man's abuse of alcohol and the physical abuse that ensued.
    Interesting.

I'm familiar with the idea that women who were burned as "witches" were victimized because they used medicinal herbs etc, but I'm also familiar with the idea that a lot of them were just really batty and would be considered "schizophrenic" today.

Whatever the case may have been exactly, it definitely sounds a lot like this "patriarchy" that feminists always talk about today.

Although, it is easy to imagine some kind of proto tea-totalers being around for as long as men have been getting drunk and beating the $#@! out of them. Who knows, maybe a bunch of them became lesbians back then too.
    Last edited by Petar; 12-30-2012 at 08:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Petar View Post
    Interesting.

I'm familiar with the idea that women who were burned as "witches" were victimized because they used medicinal herbs etc, but I'm also familiar with the idea that a lot of them were just really batty and would be considered "schizophrenic" today.
    Could be that moldy rye they were eating that made them schizophrenic!
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Could be that moldy rye they were eating that made them schizophrenic!
    Oh yeah, ergot.

Well, usually when I see someone bat$#@! crazy walking around on the street, then I just kind of assume that they were probably abused really bad at a very young age.

Though it's not hard to imagine how something similar to LSD in the bread could contribute to the whole situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Petar View Post
    Oh yeah, ergot.

Well, usually when I see someone bat$#@! crazy walking around on the street, then I just kind of assume that they were probably abused really bad at a very young age.

Though it's not hard to imagine how something similar to LSD in the bread could contribute to the whole situation.
    Ever been to dead concert? Thousands doing the moldy rye shuffle. lol
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    —Charles Mackay

"god i fucking wanna rip his balls off and offer them to the gods"
    -Anonymous

Also, control over money matters and property has been a major major problem that women and men struggle with. But the root societal struggle stems from men lusting to control life and death.

Also, control over money matters and property has been a major major problem that women and men struggle with. But the root societal struggle stems from men lusting to control life and death.
    CERTAIN people, overwhelmingly men, lusting to control life and death.

AND lusting to control Money/Power/Matters in between.

AND willing to do (or PAY/ARRANGE to have done) that which falls infamously under the WHATEVER IT TAKES umbrella.
    Last edited by cheapseats; 01-10-2013 at 04:35 PM.

Men were in control of legal justice and military actions.

Men gained so much control that women started dying at earlier ages and loosing power in their villages and communities.

It is remarkable how women were discredited over time.

Women were in charge of health and medicine during ancient times. Men slowly over time completely over took the healing arts. Now medical science has worked with legislators to have complete control of women's reproductive rights. Calling abortion a right is so preposterous on so many levels. Calling the MIC version of birth control freedom and selling to women thru all types of media outlets. A whole industry grew up around convincing women that the most important thing to focus on inter political field was to keep abortion legal and safe and birth control available to all.
    This is a very fascinating perspective. If you wouldn't mind linking to more info or expanding on this, that would be great. I never linked men taking over medicine with abortion/birth control "rights" becoming prevalent. +rep
    Founder and leader of the militant wing of the Salvation Army.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexAmore View Post
    ...I never linked men taking over medicine with abortion/birth control "rights" becoming prevalent. +rep
    But now that you ARE in mind of "men taking over medicine", give a thought to the disproportionate progress that has been made (via taxpayer-funded R&D) in medicating/repairing/prolonging the HEART, premier killer of Money Men & Industry Titans "back in the day."

Latter day Fat Cats are now mainly in narcissistically GOOD SHAPE. For those who AREN'T...the Bill Clinton's, the Dick Cheney's...we have PROCEDURES. What's in YOUR wallet?

Conscienceless "A Type" $#@!s used to COMMONLY drop dead in their 50's & 60's, whereupon their long-suffering wives hit the CHARITY CIRCUIT. Rich, powerful, amoral, incorrigible, insatiable $#@!S are living into their 80's. It makes a big difference.
    Last edited by cheapseats; 01-10-2013 at 04:30 PM.

I am sick over loosing all I typed. It took me almost 3 hrs on mobile device. I have very limited i-net access and have to post when the device will let me. It is very difficult to edit from my device. Maybe this should be deleted until I get time to do it right.
    Last edited by Working Poor; 12-30-2012 at 12:49 PM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I've had that happen to me as well. It totally sucks, but sometimes my second draft of it comes out even better even though I felt completely defeated.
    Founder and leader of the militant wing of the Salvation Army.

It sounds like your studies were very Euro-centric. In several Eastern societies, women were traditionally euqal to or more powerful in society than men.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Interesting topic
    Last edited by S.Shorland; 12-30-2012 at 03:19 PM.

Yes it was a very interesting course for me it did look at all nationalities race and religions.
    At the turn of the last century the western world frowned upon women being doctors. The AMA was and still is ran by men.

The anthropological literature is full of examples of cultures with different gender roles than those we are familiar with. Some of these have been termed "matriarchal"; where women exercise social and political power greater than or equal to that of men. Some of the ethnographies describing these cultures are fascinating and quite eye-opening. Imo, reading ethnographic literature provides a sense about how fluid and variable human social organization really is; promoting tolerance and respect for other ways of life, and ultimately a political philosophy based on freedom for all people.

Those who cannot imagine different organizing principles for society are the most susceptible to collectivist rhetoric based on false assumptions about human nature.
    ''Wasting a vote is sometimes voting for somebody that you don't really believe in.'' -Ron Paul

Java just restarted my computer without warning in the last ten minutes. !!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ninepointfive View Post
    Java just restarted my computer without warning in the last ten minutes. !!!!!!!!!

How 'bout those Dodgers?

Quote Originally Posted by cheapseats View Post
    How 'bout those Dodgers?
    not too sure, don't watch sports.

OP mentioned he/she lost the story they were working on

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I myself took a few anthropology courses (I LOVE it).

I found it most fascinating that many men point to the "hunters and gatherers" as a type of insult - women stayed behind to collect food, while men when out to hunt for it - I guess they view women as the "weaker" sex in this way. The problem with this attitude is that in hunt and gather societies, women had control of the economy because they controlled the resources. While men would leave and hunt, and only come back with food 10 or 20% of the time, women's work with gathering nearly always ended up fruitful.

It also really opened my eyes to ethnocentrism.

---

I agree with your comments on the AMA, woman in medicine, etc etc. I also believe men taking a power role in medicine has led to "Westernized birth." Medications, C-sections, and women overall having less birth choices, or rarely any education on the choices they have open to them. Granted, there have been male doctors that have tried to reverse the curse (Dr. Bradley of the "Bradley Method"), for one. Just an opinion.
    Last edited by Nirvikalpa; 01-10-2013 at 05:49 PM.

What do you want me to do, to do for you to see you through?
    A box of rain will ease the pain, and love will see you through.
    Box of Rain, Grateful Dead

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV
    A real feminist would have avoided men altogether and found a perfectly good female partner. Because, y'know, all sexual intercourse is actually rape.
    निर्विकल्पा
    aka Wicked Heathen
    I was a nasty woman before Trump made it cool.