Thread: Glenn Beck to 'build' libertarian utopia ala Galt's Gultch?

Glenn Beck to 'build' libertarian utopia ala Galt's Gultch?

Just heard about this and sorry if its a repeat thread.

This sounds like a real-estate scam to me. Dupe a whole bunch of Beckies to buy property in some Texas $#@!hole and laugh all the way to the bank...

Apparently he has like 2billion for the project? I hope what Ron Paul has in store (big surprise) puts beck in his place.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Glenn Beck is a neo-con and I would never want to live anywhere close to him
    "Ron Paul, Ron Paul, Ron Paul, Ron Paul with a heart, Ron Paul, Mitt Romney, Ron Paul"

It's a Theme Park, Not a Real Estate Scam

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    Just heard about this and sorry if its a repeat thread.

This sounds like a real-estate scam to me. Dupe a whole bunch of Beckies to buy property in some Texas $#@!hole and laugh all the way to the bank...

Apparently he has like 2billion for the project? I hope what Ron Paul has in store (big surprise) puts beck in his place.
    If you heard about it from some place like Jon Stewart (or one of the countless lemmings brainlessly copying Stewart's recent spoof) then you are woefully misinformed as Stewart purposefully misled his entire audience into thinking Beck was creating a simple real estate investment project. Beck is not. Stewart just framed Beck's plan in that manner so it could be paired with other libertarian communities like The Citadel (and likely eventually the Free State Project); it was all done for the sake of a joke (Honestly, I think people--news media included--forget that Jon Stewart is primarily a comedian and not an information outlet).

Truth is, Beck is building a theme park with rides, shows, exhibits, restaurants, shopping, experimental labs, research archives, energy and food production farms, charity mobilization facilities, and some residential living. It's largely based on what Walt Disney wanted EPCOT to be (except he died before EPCOT could be built, so the Disney Corp eventually made EPCOT into what we know it today rather than the original Walt Disney design).

I don't think this is something for those of us in the Ron Paul movement to belittle or insult. If Beck actually gets this thing built (a far-fetched dream to be sure), he'll be in the ranks of the greatest of American entrepreneurs who brought wealth to millions and provided a rotating showcase for inspiration and exhibition for millions more entrepreneurs. (Imagine if The World's Fair was a permanent installation somewhere, and that will be a starting point for understanding Disney and Beck's dreamland.) And the fact that the theme of Beck's "Independence, USA" theme park has a libertarian bent can only be a net positive for us as it serves as a gateway to introducing millions of individuals--both in America and around the globe--to our philosophy (regardless of how close or how far Beck's presentation is from what we would like, because Beck's presentation will only be a blip in tourists' lives which then sparks their interest to then learn more via the web where they will meet us!). Whether we like Beck or not, we should be cheering him on!

Here's some links to learn more:
    News article from Beck's TheBlaze with video of Glenn's TV presentation: http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...low-your-mind/
    The Citadel's website: http://www.iiicitadel.com/
    Comparison summary of The Citadel and Independence, USA: http://gawker.com/5975573/glenn-beck...commune-better
    Disney explaining his original EPCOT design and vision*:

*Note: The EPCOT explanation begins at the 4:00 mark of the video above on the left and continues through till the end of the video on the right.
    Last edited by Article V; 02-01-2013 at 05:41 PM.
    Restore the Original First Amendment: http://thirty-thousand.org/