Thread: NY-Cop arrested for threatening to kill two kids that he thought were in his yard earlier.

Exclamation NY-Cop arrested for threatening to kill two kids that he thought were in his yard earlier.

Be interesting to see if this goes anywhere.

Police Officer Suspended After Threatening to Shoot Two Young Men

By Brandi Bailey

http://www.wbng.com/news/local/Polic...185054321.html

December 28, 2012 Updated Dec 28, 2012 at 3:03 PM EST

Town of Union, NY (WBNG Binghamton)

An Endicott Police Officer is suspended after he allegedly threatened to shoot two young men who were walking on Pheasant Lane in Endwell.

According to the Broome County Sheriff's Office, John L. Vanek, 52, was arrested for second degree menacing.

Vanek is an Endicott Police officer but was off duty at the time of the incident.

He allegedly confronted two young men while they were walking home from snowboarding at Highland Park.

Vanek had been looking for kids who had run through his yard.

He confronted the two holding a night stick and threatening to bash their heads in, sick (sic-literally - AF) his dog on them and shoot them if they ever came on his property again.

Vanek then called the Sheriff's Office to report the youths were on his property.

After an investigation it was found that the two Vanek threatened were not in his yard.

Vanek is suspend pending an internal investigation in the Endicott Police Department, however officials would not confirm whether he was suspended with or without pay because it is a personnel issue.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Civilian 131342444 - gets fired with no pay for posting harmless political posts on farcebook.

Cop 231231234 - gets paid leave for threatening to kill two young men and will more than likely have his job back in a week. Enjoy Maui!
    "Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness"

Quote Originally Posted by QuickZ06 View Post
    Civilian 131342444 - gets fired with no pay for posting harmless political posts on farcebook.

Cop 231231234 - gets paid leave for threatening to kill two young men and will more than likely have his job back in a week. Enjoy Maui!
    Key West.

Cozumel.

Bermuda.

He is a public hero and deserves his status as a social better, considering how long and hard he must work to protect the public good.

All animals are equal, some are just more equal than others.

Do you not agree, comrade?

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Key West.

Cozumel.

Bermuda.

He is a public hero and deserves his status as a social better, considering how long and hard he must work to protect the public good.

All animals are equal, some are just more equal than others.

Do you not agree, comrade?
    Whats not to agree with. The man was obviously being the great detective he is and was getting right to the bottom of all this. And it absolutely did NOTHING but cost taxpayers more money. As if his pension is not fat enough.
    "Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness"

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Vanek is suspend pending an internal investigation in the Endicott Police Department, however officials would not confirm whether he was suspended with or without pay because it is a personnel issue.
    No, it is not a "personal" issue when he is a public employee!

The tax payer pays this man's salary and has a right to know if he is still being paid while suspended.

Quote Originally Posted by RickyJ View Post
    No, it is not a "personal" issue when he is a public employee!

The tax payer pays this man's salary and has a right to know if he is still being paid while suspended.
    There's a difference between ''personal" and "personnel", but it makes little more sense that way, either.
    "Truth will win in the end. We just don't know when the end is. So we have to persevere." ― Carol Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Expatriate View Post
    There's a difference between ''personal" and "personnel", but it makes little more sense that way, either.
    I misread it. But you are right, it doesn't matter what reason they claim, the public has a right to know if he is being paid while he is suspended or not since he is a public employee.

I misread it. But you are right, it doesn't matter what reason they claim, the public has a right to know if he is being paid while he is suspended or not since he is a public employee.
    Careful there sport- you are displaying signs of Incipent Domestic Terrorist Personality Disorder. Ya better report to Rm101 at the Ministry for some therapy on Monday.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Wow, I'm very surprised he was arrested. The police forces in that area are very corrupt (I know from first hand experience and from friends in Broome and Tioga Counties), so I'm guessing those two kids were related to somebody influential.

As a kid I had my young ass peppered once with rocksalt...A lesson on private property learned quickly and never forgotten.

Not in any way standing up for the cop in this instance, just pointing out how different things are today...

Oh-yeah.........If I'd have told my parents I'd have got a whipping and been marched right back over to the neighbors and made to apologize and repair whatever the ruckus was over..

Guns should only be in the hands of the military and police!

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    As a kid I had my young ass peppered once with rocksalt...A lesson on private property learned quickly and never forgotten.

Not in any way standing up for the cop in this instance, just pointing out how different things are today...

Oh-yeah.........If I'd have told my parents I'd have got a whipping and been marched right back over to the neighbors and made to apologize and repair whatever the ruckus was over..

Yep-me too. An hour after we ate the shrooms. Worst. Trip.Ever.
    EX-USCG

What is the difference between a hero and a cop? A hero will not hesitate to risk his life to protect your safety, a cop will not hesitate to risk your life to protect his safety.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Authoritarian leftists. Political prisoners. Gulags. Where are we again?

You act like you think We, the People are in charge of this 'republic'. What's the matter with you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

arrest a cop for that?....c'mon, he's a cop, you can't do that...

Threatening to kill somebody for tresspassing, eh? Seems like a bit much.

Shoot em in the foot if you're really that butthurt about somebody running through your yard..that's still over-kill though. Paintball gun maybe?

He deserves 6 mo. to 1 yr in jail.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.