Thread: Analysis: Cliff deal is another pain-free punt

Analysis: Cliff deal is another pain-free punt

http://my.earthlink.net/article/us?g...8-b4dd33a4d5b7

I agree with their assesment- especially the highlighted part.
    By CHARLES BABINGTON
    From Associated Press
    January 02, 2013 8:51 PM EST
    WASHINGTON (AP) — Congress' hectic resolution of the "fiscal cliff" crisis is the latest in a long series of decisions by lawmakers and the White House to do less than promised — and to ask Americans for little sacrifice — in confronting the nation's burgeoning debt.

The deal will generate $600 billion in new revenue over 10 years, less than half the amount President Barack Obama first called for. It will raise income tax rates only on the very rich, despite Obama's campaign for broader increases.

It puts off the toughest decisions about spending cuts for military and domestic programs, including Medicare and Social Security. And it does nothing to mitigate the looming partisan showdown on the debt ceiling, which must rise soon to avoid default on U.S. loans.

In short, the deal reached between Obama and congressional Republicans continues to let Americans enjoy relatively high levels of government service at low levels of taxation. The only way that's possible, of course, is through heavy borrowing, which future generations will inherit.

While Americans widely denounce the mounting debt, not so many embrace cuts to costly programs like Social Security. And most want tax increases to hit someone other than themselves.

"This is another 'kick the can down the road' event," said William Gale, co-director of the nonpartisan Tax Policy Center and a former Republican White House adviser. "It is a huge missed opportunity."
    More at link.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Outside of a select few things, I DO NOT enjoy any level of government service, especially high levels.

Future generations will inherit nothing. This debt bubble will pop well before my parents die(in their 60s).

LibForestPaul

1 Nuevo Amero Dollar = 1000 Federal Reserve Dollars

Debt problem solved