Thread: [Video] Made in the USA: The 30 Day Journey

[Video] Made in the USA: The 30 Day Journey

"We're willing to DIE for our country, but are we willing to BUY for it?" Watch the Trailer here: http://www.usa30days.com/?page_id=430

http://www.usa30days.com/

"Made in the USA Films, LLC" will present a unique insight into the world of "Made in the USA" products. Josh Miller will travel the United States for 30 days living off of only USA made products. Can it be done? We'll interview politicians, businessmen, historians, and economists to discover what has caused the rise and decline of USA made products. We'll also interview locals as we travel to find out if "Made in the USA" really means anything anymore. We'll discover the issues that are facing our ailing economy, and examine our history in hopes of finding solutions. Come join us join us on the "Made in the USA: The 30 Day Journey". Follow us on Twitter @USA30DAYS or email us at millermadeinusa@gmail.com
    Last edited by tropicangela; 12-28-2012 at 09:38 AM.
    ‎"dancing... is a healthy exercise, elegant and very attractive..." ~ Thomas Jefferson, March 14, 1818

They hate us for our policies, not our freedoms.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Great trailer! Must remember to see this film.
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

I like "Made in the USA" as much as the next guy, but I hope the movie goes into wealth creation and comparative advantage.

It doesn't seem like they will.

Without an understanding of these economic concepts, "Made in USA" is just another slogan. If we can make the products cheaper here, we should. If they can be made cheaper elsewhere with the same quality, we must allow that to happen. Both counties will benefit from that trade.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    I like "Made in the USA" as much as the next guy, but I hope the movie goes into wealth creation and comparative advantage.

It doesn't seem like they will.

Without an understanding of these economic concepts, "Made in USA" is just another slogan. If we can make the products cheaper here, we should. If they can be made cheaper elsewhere with the same quality, we must allow that to happen. Both counties will benefit from that trade.
    The problem is making things in great quantities in better quality and for less money. Unfortunately, this is hard to do when you are competing against slave-laboring.
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

Woman finds note from Chinese labor camp prisoner in Kmart decorations.

slave labor
    December 27, 2012
    By: Mikael Thalen

"Sir: If you occasionally buy this product, please kindly resend this letter to the World Human Right Organization. Thousands people here who are under the persicution of the Chinese Communist Party Government will thank and remember you forever."
    http://www.examiner.com/article/woma...ations?cid=rss
    ‎"dancing... is a healthy exercise, elegant and very attractive..." ~ Thomas Jefferson, March 14, 1818

They hate us for our policies, not our freedoms.

Bet anything it's nothing more than a "free trade bad, tariffs good" "all China's fault" "it's all about the jobs" and "they took mah jerb" stuff and fails to touch on the economics of it.

Movie looks good, but likely his T-Shirt and much of his Arcadia aren't made in the USA.

If there is more manufacturing here, there will be higher quality products, more people in the middle class. However there is be in uptick in domestic pollution and products will be more expensive. I'm sure all the Chinese crap that's made to be replaced costs more in the long run anyway.