Thread: Rising Prices

Rising Prices

What is everyone's take on the rising prices here lately... you think they will stay up like that now, since the threat of new laws and bans is going to be over our head? Or do you think its a bubble until the hysteria dies down?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Rising consumer prices were in a large part due to rising gasoline prices. It was like a big tax on the entire economy. Now that oil and gasoline prices are coming down, upward pressure will ease a bit. Don't expect prices to drop or quantities to go back to where they were. There should be better discounts (sales) in the near future.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Gun prices will come down.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

They are really really high right now. If that bill gets traction, they'll go higher I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Acala View Post
    Gun prices will come down.
    Especially when priced in silver and gold money.

So when Ruger raises their MSRP... you guys think the company will come back down off of those?

I don't know how anyone can separate rising prices from the falling dollar right now. I'd have to think that, bad as the economy is, not one single price is rising nationwide; the FRN is simply shrinking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

In the case of guns and ammo right now, demand and hysteria is driving the price up.

My argument is that they might not be coming down, anytime soon, if at all.
    Last edited by Romulus; 12-27-2012 at 03:11 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The really high prices are almost directly related to the post-Sandy hysteria, and the resulting fear of a new AWB. If an AWB bill gets traction, prices will rise even more. If all the talk and fear of an AWB dies down, so will the ridiculous prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Romulus View Post
    In the case of guns and ammo right now, demand and hysteria is driving the price up.

My argument is that they might not be coming down, anytime soon, if at all.

I'm afraid you're right. Supply and demand, y'know... and if buyers are willing to pay these prices, I can't really blame the firearms manufacturers for holding the prices high and selling to the demand.

What is everyone's take on the rising prices here lately... you think they will stay up like that now, since the threat of new laws and bans is going to be over our head? Or do you think its a bubble until the hysteria dies down?
    It is called "demand".

Cabela's here in Charleston is claiming to have moved 2.7 MILLION rounds of ammunition over the week prior to Christmas.

People are stocking up. They are apprehensive and they are fed up.

One thing I find interesting is the fact that the MSM are not reporting on this with any seriousness and I wonder why that would be. Given their usual drive to pounce on the activities of crazy "gun people". Why, then, remain mostly silent on the fact that those crazy people are buying the stores out to the walls? I speculate that one possibility is that addressing this in detail would serve as a unifying message or indicator to the tens of millions of proper Americans who are fed up with the antics of these tyrants. It would actually serve as a mental lift for such people, to know that they were not alone and that countless millions of their fellows were right there with them. That is very much one of the last things these mobsters want. They want people to feel isolated and powerless, thinking that they are twisting in the wind, alone. Those in power are not stupid and I am certain that they very much understand and appreciate the power of psychology. They want people to feel defeated because then they will be​ so.

EDIT: Brownell's says in the week since Sandy they have sold three YEARS worth of "high capacity" magazines.
    Last edited by osan; 12-27-2012 at 04:59 PM. Reason: added info
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Just FYI - LMT M4 Uppers are in stock at Bravo Company. I was able to order one just now. $485.00

These are the only immediately available uppers I have seen anywhere for normal prices in over a week.

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/LMT-1...2016%20urg.htm

Lesson here is not to wait until a crisis happens to get prepared....
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

There used to be a hunter here in my office. Big war hawk. Every so often he would come around my office, because he knew I was a shooter, and he would complain about the high cost of ammo. My response was always to point out that ammo prices would drop if we stopped sending our military all over the world to shoot anyone who refuses to salute. Same thing with the price of diesel fuel. The US armed forces probably consume more ammo and diesel fuel than any other entitiy in the world. So, two more reasons to end the world empire: cheaper ammo and cheaper diesel fuel. Probably cheaper guns too.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

Quote Originally Posted by bxm042 View Post
    Absolutely right! If you aren't prepared by now, it is your own fault.

Just FYI - they already sold out.

I frequent the gun forums, and see good deals sometimes. If I see more availability for decent prices, I'll continue to post them here, as long as I don't tick someone off.

Yes, if you don't have a proper gun, you haven't been paying attention (or you are really poor). Ammo is another matter. When the ammo is gone off the shelves for months at a time, it puts a crimp in practice. You can't just buy ammo and sit on all of it. Or at least that is ot optimal.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by bxm042 View Post
    I bought an SKS and a little bit of ammo back over the summer. I am glad I did. I got a deal on the rifle and right now it is hard to find 7.62x39.
    “First of all, if you’ve got health insurance, you like your doctors, you like your plan, you can keep your doctor, you can keep your plan. Nobody is talking about taking that away from you.” Lying Sack of Crap

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by shane77m View Post
    I bought an SKS and a little bit of ammo back over the summer. I am glad I did. I got a deal on the rifle and right now it is hard to find 7.62x39.
    Check out sportman's guide. They had really good deals on Wolf - Military Classic surplus cans 5 week ago.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/b...spx?c=96&s=953

EDIT: Let me retract that statement. It's all gone!
    Last edited by AuH20; 12-28-2012 at 03:56 PM.

The best thing to do now is sit tight until the panic dies down.

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post

EDIT: Let me retract that statement. It's all gone!
    I looked last weak and it was all gone. I found some at ammoman.
    “First of all, if you’ve got health insurance, you like your doctors, you like your plan, you can keep your doctor, you can keep your plan. Nobody is talking about taking that away from you.” Lying Sack of Crap

One more shooting 'event' and I think we would see a ban and then a move toward confiscation.

Just one event and the prices that seem high now will be a bargain.

Isn't it dangerous buying these things over the net. Wouldn't these transactions be being tracked?
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Isn't it dangerous buying these things over the net. Wouldn't these transactions be being tracked?
    At a minimum, the credit card transaction would point to a firearm purchase.
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    At this point, they would need some serious resource to track all the firearm and ammo purchases being made online.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    At this point, they would need some serious resource to track all the firearm and ammo purchases being made online.
    Feinstein's legislation does call for the funding of ATF agents to pay for "registration" of firearms.

Quote Originally Posted by shane77m View Post
    Feinstein's legislation does call for the funding of ATF agents to pay for "registration" of firearms.
    NFA items would require a $200 tax stamp, so maybe it will be self funding. 10s of millions of guns taxed at $200 each, billions of $ for the ATF. Makes me want to vomit.
    Last edited by madengr; 01-02-2013 at 09:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by madengr View Post
    NFA items would require a $200 tax stamp, so maybe it will be self funding. 10s of millions of guns taxed at $200 each, billions of $ for the ATF. Makes me want to vomit.
    It will be interesting to see how many people register or tell the government to mind their own business.